G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

dealer is retarded... need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
dealer is retarded... need help

Ok so I am on my 3rd compressor and my ac hasn't been fixed. A month ago I had it replaced due to loud, noisy operation... and now when I shut the ac off ONLY while the car is running in park, I hear metal clanking sounds as the fan or whatever it is that's spinning is spinning down to a stop.

So my question is... what is spinning down when the ac is shut off while car is running? Compressor? Condenser? I need a list of culprits so I can tell the stupid dealer to check all leads... help!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Is your G still under warranty? IF so i would just take it back and make them fix it.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Is your G still under warranty? IF so i would just take it back and make them fix it.
+1 let them figure it out and if it keeps happening take it back

Old 08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I would just drop it off and tell them to figure it out. Make them give you all new part until fixed.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Its under warranty... but I don't wanna keep coming back and wasting my time. They bitch about not being able to replicate the issue... it only happens when the ac has been running for like an hour. So if I turn it off in front of then they can hear it, but after that they can't recreate it unless its run again for another hour... it's really annoying....

Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 PM
I would just go back and get it fixed. I know they are wasting your time but do you really want that problem to keep bugging you?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:04 PM
I definitely plan in having them fix it, but I am trying to narrow down the possible causes so these morons can actually look it up

Old 08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
I definitely plan in having them fix it, but I am trying to narrow down the possible causes so these morons can actually look it up
No offence but it's not you responsibility to diagnose the problem for your apparently inept dealership service dept.
Do you have any other Nissan/Infiniti dealers around you?
You should be calling Infiniti (the phone # in the owners manual) and tell them your dealer cant fix it right (3 attempts) and you want someone from Infiniti to come and look at it.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
I spoke to the service manager... he's gonna "personally" be there to look into it. Sounds like another wasteful trip. Ill let u guys know how it goes friday ....god I hate this car.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
better business bureau, department of consumer affairs in your state. attorney general's office in your state. consumer affairs for infiniti. (although, they are pretty useless, because they tell you to go back to the dealers)....

many of these car sales places (dealers) don't want to repair it, so they give you the standard "we can't replicate the problem"...get creative and keep them on their toes.

essentially, it seems that if the issue is not covered under a warranty, or they will have a less than easy time getting paid by the manufacturer or insurance company, they don't want to do the repair. I guess they know that people are not going to just give up 200 - 700 percent more for a car repair, than what a private mechanic would charge.

so their solution is not to do the proper preventative, or proactive diagnostic maintenance or repairs. Good luck.

Infiniti treats its customers as though they purchased a scooter...no respect or regard.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
better business bureau, department of consumer affairs in your state. attorney general's office in your state. consumer affairs for infiniti. (although, they are pretty useless, because they tell you to go back to the dealers)....

many of these car sales places (dealers) don't want to repair it, so they give you the standard "we can't replicate the problem"...get creative and keep them on their toes.

essentially, it seems that if the issue is not covered under a warranty, or they will have a less than easy time getting paid by the manufacturer or insurance company, they don't want to do the repair. I guess they know that people are not going to just give up 200 - 700 percent more for a car repair, than what a private mechanic would charge.

so their solution is not to do the proper preventative, or proactive diagnostic maintenance or repairs. Good luck.

Infiniti treats its customers as though they purchased a scooter...no respect or regard.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by sportsfan

Maybe yours...not mine.
It's not fair to lump them all into one category...just like every other brand of dealership.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
My dealer is pretty bad too, hope they figure it out for you...

Old 08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It may be the a/c condensor fan that you hear, it turns on and off w the operation of the system. Its next to the radiator fan.

Good luck

Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
3rd compressor... Just became a lemon if in CA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dealer is retarded... need help