G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

It sounds like a supercharger...but i don't have a supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So i dropped it off...that was scary drive. My car decided it didn't know what gear it want and i felt like i was driving a manual. I had to put it into nuetral, rev it up and slowly put it into drive in order for it to move. Tiptronic wasn't really tip cause i would shift but about min later it would shift gears kinda while jerking increasingly. I parked it, and they said it would be on the first thing to be looked at tomorrow. they gave me a 2011 m37x which i can't complain. Hopefully this repair doesn't take long. I'll keep everyone updated with what they find out at the shop

Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Yup. Trans problem for sure. Hope youre covered under warranty.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Hopefully its a slight fix. Btw im in toms river so right up the road a little ways. Was going to say bring it by but you have the dealership looking.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Yea well it outta warrenty, however i feel as if its the alternator or batter seeing how my dads BMW did the same thing when the alternator started going, but it could deff be. Aw lol i wish i would have known! you have a garage or something? it might have not been able to limp there. If inifiniti doesn't do anything for me im deff gonna give you a call

Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
well this was an interesting two days, first they called me back to say nothing was wrong with the car. I told them use alot of watts of electricity (speakers, lights, subs turn on, ect.) I get a call back the next day saying they need to replace my transmission.....WTF HAPPENED?!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Zomorg3

... I get a call back the next day saying they need to replace my transmission.....WTF HAPPENED?!
Hmm . . . a scene from Ferris Bueller comes to mind.

j/k, sorry for your bad fortune man.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 PM
actually i was thinking the same actually haha but yea...im not sure what i am gonna do

Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any update on this issue?

The following users liked this post:
Hotdawwgman (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Right now informs dealership is saying there was nothing wrong and it's. It their fault thAt the transmission is blown. We keep being shufflled around Infiniti's national or headquarters. I'm gonna call again today if the don't do anything my family friend is a lawyer so it might come to that. But they have yet to tell me where the sound was coming from. So I'm pissed as hell and almost fed up with Infiniti . My parents have been having problems with them for a while now on their QX 56. Idk if I'm gonna keep the G after this because honestly its rediculous all this **** I'm going through

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
^^ Really sorry to hear how your situation is going; I hope that this eventually comes to a more positive resolution.

On a side note, I just wanted to mention that I have gotten into the habit of recording the exact mileage (to the tenths) on the car whenever I take it in for service and I'm not planning to wait on it. I know it should never happen, but I read too many accounts of unnecessary or irresponsible driving of customer cars (Hopefully, that wasn't your case). I want to know and be able to prove whether someone has put miles on my car.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
^^ Really sorry to hear how your situation is going; I hope that this eventually comes to a more positive resolution.

On a side note, I just wanted to mention that I have gotten into the habit of recording the exact mileage (to the tenths) on the car whenever I take it in for service and I'm not planning to wait on it. I know it should never happen, but I read too many accounts of unnecessary or irresponsible driving of customer cars (Hopefully, that wasn't your case). I want to know and be able to prove whether someone has put miles on my car.
Hence my valet tune. 2500rpm cut, 30 mph max speed

Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Get the new transmission and call it a day... Don't you still have the drive-train warranty?

Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This may not be an issue for you but when I was at the dealer the other day, the service manager and I was sitting around BS'ing and he mentioned something about his xterra motor being replaced due to dealer screw up, but i guess that's irrelevant. He mentioned something about there being a TSB for the timing chair and something about it sounding like a supercharger. When i heard that this post popped into my head. I asked if it could be an issue on the G, he said yes but he thought it was more for the older models. Not sure if its your problem but just thought I would mention it.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bro the dealer will charge u an arm and a leg to replace that transmission...

Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Everyone I heard back the other day, my drivetrain is 1000 miles outta warrenty and the dealer called Infiniti international saying the car was driven real hard right before the transmission blew, so it is not being covered. However, i didn't have the car for a week before the transmission blew they had it....so WTF?!?! Im taking it to a personal family friend garage and putting a used transmission in and then selling my car. This dealership has ****ed me over again and again with not only my car, but my mother QX56. They won't replace the headlights because the seals in place stopped working, so each headlight looks like it under water. My mother has had NOTHING done to her truck (won't even let me buy the nobby tires for it) and the list goes on. Im selling my car once the new tranny is in and getting something else. Its been nice to be on this fourm, but honestly, I have lost complete love for infiniti and im never buying another car from them again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It sounds like a supercharger...but i don't have a supercharger