G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bluetooth A2DP? RCA Input for my Phone? Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None taken, its cheap but the sprint version was only $20 when they made it so I figured this 40 buck one would get the job done. It does in fact work and sound great on the Bose dock I also tested it on, but the reason I bought it was for my car so that doesn't help me

Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. The iPod connection (if you have it) does power my fipo. It won't power ipods (non classic after 3rd Gen I believe), but will play them. I didn't even realize they stopped making them. If you can't get your hands on a fipo, you can try the blackberry gateway. Similar concept, but uses a 3.5mm headset jack connection. It'll pick up your Bluetooth a2dp, and connect to your RCA input in the center dash. Just have to provide power to it. Still gonna have to wait on the pictures, as I took my car in for a detail yesterday, and not gonna be able to get it back till Monday.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Endro
Hey guys I purchased this unit off of ebay and received it today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190564405105...84.m1497.l2649

It is supposed to be just like the FIPO unit but just a knock off version as they don't make the FIPO anymore and I cannot find one A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-EEEE. I've literally scoured the darkest corners of the internet. When I finally found an auction for one the guy outbid me by paying $100....I believe these were about 20 bucks when they came out! So anyways I bought this black A2DP unit but the ipod cable in the center glove box does not power the unit. Even with an iphone, the phones screen says "will not power accessory." The way the unit works is it draws power from the cord then connects via bluetooth to any type of phone to play music. Is mine broken or do none of our G's ipod cords power the units? If I do find another FIPO unit, does this unit also need to be powered by the wire? Thanks for the help in advance guys.
This is EXACTLY ME last week, I was so pissed when I saw that message an realized the units blue light wasn't going to come on cause the cable in our cars does not power it. I had even bid on the FIPO unit just like you before I purchased the knock off. I bid 90 and the other guy luckily outbid me at $95 cause I was bidding from my cell phone at work.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Well if I do get the Blackberry or FIPO unit for my G35, will I be able to utilize the steering wheel controls and change tracks? I think this feature is called AVRCP.

I will be looking around for one. And now that I know that it powers, is there also anyway to output video signals via the A2DP signal (like output my phone's screen), or is that not possible.

Thank you all in advance!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by chronolithic
Sorry to hear that.

Well if I do get the Blackberry or FIPO unit for my G35, will I be able to utilize the steering wheel controls and change tracks? I think this feature is called AVRCP.

I will be looking around for one. And now that I know that it powers, is there also anyway to output video signals via the A2DP signal (like output my phone's screen), or is that not possible.

Thank you all in advance!
nope sorry, our cars will only use controls with the ipods I got an old ipod for that purpose. Unforunately it's been flaking out lately, my cat switched to 'ipod' but there are no track selections. Not sure what's up.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
nope sorry, our cars will only use controls with the ipods I got an old ipod for that purpose. Unforunately it's been flaking out lately, my cat switched to 'ipod' but there are no track selections. Not sure what's up.
slight necro.

which style iPod? if its a classic its harddisk based, i wouldn't use one of those as they have moving parts that don't take kindly to car bumps/vibes

Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by prophettoloss
slight necro.

which style iPod? if its a classic its harddisk based, i wouldn't use one of those as they have moving parts that don't take kindly to car bumps/vibes
I use the old style hard drive type, the driving doesn't seem to bother it. Also I saw Grubb Infiniti online store sells a bluetooth ipod adapter now as well, but it's a little pricey - PM Phil @ Grubbs to see if you can get a better price.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
I found a sprint fipo unit on amazon. Bought it and it sounds like crap (like a transistor radio). I installed a pioneer x930 bt head unit nav system in my explorer and I'm sorry to say that the truck sound a hundred times better streaming Bluetooth music than my g does using the stock iPhone/iPod cable (g37).