G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Calipers powder coating: what color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Calipers powder coating: what color?

What would be the best color for my calipers?
I want to powdercoat them. I need suggestion!

Here is my car:

And here is the wheels I gonna have:

Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Do you have the akebonos or other bbk? If not then don't powdercoat them.

When are wheels going on? In for pics.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
If you do it, keep it simple, black or grey is tasteful. More visually attractive colors can easily look like cheap rice

Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
How about blue?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Stock Calipers should be only black or silver/grey

Any other color looks cheap on stock calipers.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^ +1 on keeping them grey or black, don't really want to bring too much attention to the stock calipers. Nice wheels by the way, I almost bought the M368's in that exact finish last month. I'm assuming you're having them redrilled by a reputable shop? If you've got any questions, feel free to ask me, I researched those wheels for a couple of months.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Silver hands down. You can get the G2 caliper paint on ebay pretty cheap these days and it's a great product.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the inputs, yes the calipers are stock so I guess black would be a good color choice then.
I can't afford akebonos for now.
The wheels has been redrilled, the seller was able to do it (seller on myg37) I am supposed to get them Friday of next week.
It is winter here so the wheels won't be on the car before 2-3 month.
To DRIVETHEFIVE: I guess you are going staggerred?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Of your not talking about the bbk like this one. then you can keep it stock. He did it to be different which i like. Not bad i say. Who wants to look at boring colors?

But BBK would look so much better then the stock gray or even black. It's just a common color now. Electric blue w/ gold lettering is much better then stock.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by borderline
Thanks for the inputs, yes the calipers are stock so I guess black would be a good color choice then.
I can't afford akebonos for now.
The wheels has been redrilled, the seller was able to do it (seller on myg37) I am supposed to get them Friday of next week.
It is winter here so the wheels won't be on the car before 2-3 month.
To DRIVETHEFIVE: I guess you are going staggerred?
Take it you got them from getyourwheels? They're great to work with. I was soooo close to buying those in the 8.5 and 9.5 staggered set up but held off for a couple of reasons. I'm very picky on what color scheme I was going with and although the gunmental essentially looks black I wanted something a little darker, a true black if you will. I also thought the polished face would be a bit too shiny for the look I was going for, I wanted more of a matte silver on my LP. Since you have an OB I think it will look perfect imo. I saw some pics of it on a black 5 series and it looked awesome. Post some pics when you get them on, can't wait to see them!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thinkin about doing the same thing. def gray or black they said in previous posts. good luck

Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by drivethefive
Take it you got them from getyourwheels? They're great to work with. I was soooo close to buying those in the 8.5 and 9.5 staggered set up but held off for a couple of reasons. I'm very picky on what color scheme I was going with and although the gunmental essentially looks black I wanted something a little darker, a true black if you will. I also thought the polished face would be a bit too shiny for the look I was going for, I wanted more of a matte silver on my LP. Since you have an OB I think it will look perfect imo. I saw some pics of it on a black 5 series and it looked awesome. Post some pics when you get them on, can't wait to see them!
Yes that is exact! Ordered from getyourwheels. I was first looking at vossen cv1 but convinced myself to not pay that much for rims! There is not much pictures of thoses m368 on the net. I've been looking for wheels every day since 1 1/2 month LOL.
I'll post pictures for sure! I'm going staggered too!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Of your not talking about the bbk like this one. then you can keep it stock. He did it to be different which i like. Not bad i say. Who wants to look at boring colors?

But BBK would look so much better then the stock gray or even black. It's just a common color now. Electric blue w/ gold lettering is much better then stock.

Thanks for posting. Does not look bad but I'm not feeling it.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
OP, did you see this thread? Mine are black w/ small mt. fuji emblems on pg 2.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...alipers-2.html

Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by borderline
Yes that is exact! Ordered from getyourwheels. I was first looking at vossen cv1 but convinced myself to not pay that much for rims! There is not much pictures of thoses m368 on the net. I've been looking for wheels every day since 1 1/2 month LOL.
I'll post pictures for sure! I'm going staggered too!
dude you have no idea how long I spent looking at wheels, started my search back in March! Guess I'm really picky. Couldn't agree with you more on the price of the Vossen's, I'm pretty sure the AG's are lighter anyways and they've got a great price point. As far as pics of that finish, there are none I searched forums and websites endlessly, even went so far as to call AG directly and ask for pics of that finish, they had none lol. Apparently they just started doing their own photo shoots. That's why I'm even more excited to see your pics when they go on, be nice to see how they look on a G. And to stay on point of the thread, I think black calipers would compliment the wheels nicely...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calipers powder coating: what color?