G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Just Purchased 08 G35xS...Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Purchased 08 G35xS...Questions

Hey guys. I just got this car and it is awesome. I have a few questions. The car has 31k on it and its an automatic, fyi. I want to replace a few things on the car; the chrome part on the shift ***, the door handle, and i want to get a spoiler. I am curious how to go about getting the shift *** and door handles, i found where to get the spoilers.

My old car was a 95 camaro and I did all the maintenance on it. I am curious if i need to reset the computer if I change the oil myself and is changing the oil difficult? I also think the break pads might need to be changed, is there anything I need to reset if I do that as well? Any tips/advice would be awesome. I dont have a problem taking the car to infiniti, I just enjoy doing that stuff.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Oil is easy to change and so is brake pads if youre normally handy like that. As far as resetting i dont think you have to but if you want you can reset the ecu and let it relearn YOUR way of driving.

correct me if im wrong guys

Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by HeyRozz
Hey guys. I just got this car and it is awesome. I have a few questions. The car has 31k on it and its an automatic, fyi. I want to replace a few things on the car; the chrome part on the shift ***, the door handle, and i want to get a spoiler. I am curious how to go about getting the shift *** and door handles, i found where to get the spoilers.

My old car was a 95 camaro and I did all the maintenance on it. I am curious if i need to reset the computer if I change the oil myself and is changing the oil difficult? I also think the break pads might need to be changed, is there anything I need to reset if I do that as well? Any tips/advice would be awesome. I dont have a problem taking the car to infiniti, I just enjoy doing that stuff.
Wish I could be more of a help to you since I'm a relative new owner as well. The shift *** has been a bit of a mystery to me as well until recently https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...t-*****-t.html when found someone on here that makes them for A/T's, I haven't ordered one yet but soon as this expensive of my wedding is done, i'll be doing it.

As for doing your own maintenance, you just need to reset in the computer (I believe) and your owners manual has all of that information on in it. So that it keeps track with what you're actually doing.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Shift ***** that make great replacements:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260946351941&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260948398772&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260973187094&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260983968511&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Door pocket replacements:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260989251008&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
For anything else just PM me. We have some trunk spoilers in stock painted and some front chin spoilers as well. Congrats on the car i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rick, thanks for the heads up. I would like to reset my computer so the car can learn my driving habits. I also can't seem to get my iPhone phone book to load to the computer. Any help would b great

Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
To reset your ecu just disconnect the battery.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iPhone will not transfer.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think there's a series of accelerator pushes that will reset your ECU without having to disconnect the battery.

As for the shift **** and door handle inserts, I had mine replaced under warranty for free. Check with your nearest dealership to see if your car is still under warranty.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by HeyRozz

There is no reset that must be done after servicing the car. There is a maintenance reminder function that you can program yourself ( It's in the book) to remind you when to do your next service, If someone programmed that (dealers love to so that you'll come in often), then it will keep bugging you until you reset it or reprogram it to an 'off' state. Bottom line is that it's a convenience, not any kind of requirement (a la: BMW).

Oil changes are super easy. Brakes are typical. There are detailed DIY threads for shifter **** replacement as well as the interior door grab. Search around here a bit, there's lots of good info to be found.

Welcome

Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
To the original post--correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all 08 G35's came with a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. This would obviously cover your door handles (that are probably flaking I assume?). With only 30K on the odometer, obviously your car has not exceeded the mileage limit in the 4 year period. My 08 X had 39K on it when I took it to an Infiniti dealer for them to replace the drivers side door insert/handle/whatever you want to call it. It was covered under factory warranty; I didn't pay a dime. Call your nearest Infiniti dealer and see what they say! It should be covered.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the purchase man! I picked up an 08 G35xS pearl white last May with 29K on it. Absolutely love the car! I had a strange issue where the driver seat would move forward then back as soon as you opened the door. I unhooked the battery for about 2 hrs while I did some errands and haven't had the problem since. I think it would be a good idea to reset it anyway.

I do oil changes and brakes simple stuff myself as well. For oil changes I pickup a handle of Mobile 1 extended performance from walmart for like $22 and the matching Mobile 1 extended filter from a local auto store, walmart only caries fram when I am.

You can reset the maintenance reminders in the radio but there aren't any real necessary resets that the car requires. My shifter is peeling too, I know an older lady was the previous owner and she must have worn rings. I haven't asked the dealer to fix it yet but they did take care of the notorious steering wheel peeling so I think they would handle this for me as well.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrManilow
For oil changes I pickup a handle of Mobile 1 extended performance from walmart for like $22 and the matching Mobile 1 extended filter from a local auto store, walmart only caries fram when I am.
You mean Mobil 1, right?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by geronimomoe
You mean Mobil 1, right?
I use Mobile 1 in my iPhone and other electronics to keep them running smoothly. haha yes I meant mobil 1.