G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rust under trunk lid by camera and all around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust under trunk lid by camera and all around

First Hi to everyone. I have a question maybe someone can help me. I purchased a 2008 G35XS approx 6 months ago with clean carfax. I noticed the car has develop rust size of a dime and smaller in other areas bubbling the paint. The rust is all over the trunk lid around the chrome peace where the camera is. My car went into the dealership at Infiniti of Dayton Ohio. When I drop the car off I spoke to manager. All he gave were excuses so I knew this cheap *** was going to deny repairs. Its clearly obvious its an issue. first he says it looks like a rock chip so I showed him paint is still there and rust is all around. he then agreed then he moves on to the next excuse maybe someone removed this or it was in accident I shut him down real quick saying it better not since you gave me a clean car fax. So guess what he calls me back the next days and says yup Infinity is not covering it and gives me a quote of $565 for repairs. I tell him he is crazy! Not only is the car still under the extended warranty but its only has 45k and under the 70 month rust warranty. What do I need to do so this dealership stops trying to rip me off and fix the issue. They just say pay it or call infiniti but would not provide me with number to contact them its obvious they are trying to scam me. Any Help would be awesome. I would keep away from this dealership they seem to want to stick it to you every time.

Last edited by *08G35XS*; 04-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
call consumer affairs.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ WHS, the phone numbers are in the owners manual.
Try calling another dealership too. Best of luck!

...and remember, Infiniti ends with the letter 'I'

Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
well filed a complaint with consumer affairs and got a case number. I will keep you up to date. I bet money they will deny repairs if they do prob be the last Infiniti I ever buy. When I get my car back I will post pictures of the rust.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ if they cant prove that there are any rock chips around the rust area, then i really find it hard to see how they can blatantly deny your claim for rust on a 4 year old car... keep us posted and hope it all works out.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
If they find it was in an accident and repairs and that was the cause, you are out of luck. Clear carfax doesn't mean crap, you might try autocheck it's more accurate. It's too easy to hide stuff from carfax.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ that could be considered fraud on part of the dealership, he can have them buy the car back as he was mislead knowingly or unknowingly, this happened to a member here, clear carfax but car was fond to have been in an accident and with some push he got them to but the car back.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
they must use a hell of a lot of salt in ohio!!! plus, original owner didn't wash it much, thats to bad, and way to soon,,, Minn. throws that #*%@ down with just flurrys coming down.....(salt, and deicing chemicals)

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Well I filed a complaint with consumer affairs Infiniti. They are calling the dealer and will let me know tomorrow what their decision is to repair or deny claim. I have owned crap cars like chrysler which has to be worst ever god all mighty and their customer service and warranty people I experienced are way way better, kinda sad. I bought and infiniti for its reliability and warranty. Wish I would of known this never would of bought it. It's weird just by talking to them I already can tell their only job is to find the smallest reason to deny the claim this jerk at the dealer Don said maybe i did not dry the car when i washed it. i just about came unglued. This dealer is terrible, I hope consumer affairs is better.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by *08G35XS*
Well I filed a complaint with consumer affairs Infiniti. They are calling the dealer and will let me know tomorrow what their decision is to repair or deny claim. I have owned crap cars like chrysler which has to be worst ever god all mighty and their customer service and warranty people I experienced are way way better, kinda sad. I bought and infiniti for its reliability and warranty. Wish I would of known this never would of bought it. It's weird just by talking to them I already can tell their only job is to find the smallest reason to deny the claim this jerk at the dealer Don said maybe i did not dry the car when i washed it. i just about came unglued. This dealer is terrible, I hope consumer affairs is better.
I laughed when I read the part about not drying the car after you washed it, what an absurd suggestion. Are you supposed to dry you car after every time it rains, snows, or gets condensation on it too? I don't think I could have come up with a more ridiculous excuse for your rust issue if I tried, he must be a complete moron, you can't fake being that stupid. Good luck with consumer affairs, either way when this affair is over you need to **** on this dealer's reputation through every outlet available.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please post pics when you have a chance.

I have some weird paint imperfections under my clear coat that are bothering me as well. The paint below is starting the "check". Messed up thing is that it occurs on multiple body panels. It just looks like a dull spot in the paint but when you get super close (face within 6"), you can see the hairline cracking under the clear. Its still smooth to the touch so the clear isnt damaged yet.

I wonder if the previous owner somehow got some odd chemicals on it that caused this.