G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Free XM!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Mo07G35s
I tried and said they don't do that (that only the dealer can do that)
say whaaaat!? thats lame

Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Rule of thumb, if you get no where with a certain customer service rep, hang up and call back. Repeat until you get someone who will give you what you want.

They all follow different scripts and rules apparently lol. There have been times where I hit a wall with one agent, hang up, and talk to a much nicer and accommodating one. Makes no sense but it works.

Again, you can't be scared to cancel.... They will transfer you to retention who are authorized to give you better deals to stay most times

Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by willdogs
Rule of thumb, if you get no where with a certain customer service rep, hang up and call back. Repeat until you get someone who will give you what you want.

They all follow different scripts and rules apparently lol. There have been times where I hit a wall with one agent, hang up, and talk to a much nicer and accommodating one. Makes no sense but it works.
That's a good idea, I have used this tactic with the IRS many times.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sweet, I put off calling and got a letter in the mail from them offering 6 months for $25 for my old acura (which i never had an account for). I got them to change it to the G plus they threw in 3 months so I got 9 months for $25!!! I am happy now

Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 PM
bkd
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I've read, they have to send a special command to your particular radio id to activate or deactivate it. They don't have the bandwidth to send the cancel signal to every single subscriber that canceled constantly, so the send it regularly for a few weeks after you cancel and then probably not much after that. If you don't get the cancel signal while using the radio then it will in theory work forever.

This explains it a little better...

http://wiki.docdroppers.org/index.ph...uture_of_Radio

Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by bkd
From what I've read, they have to send a special command to your particular radio id to activate or deactivate it. They don't have the bandwidth to send the cancel signal to every single subscriber that canceled constantly, so the send it regularly for a few weeks after you cancel and then probably not much after that. If you don't get the cancel signal while using the radio then it will in theory work forever.

This explains it a little better...

http://wiki.docdroppers.org/index.ph...uture_of_Radio
So I just tested this theory since I have my old portable XM fro my old car in a box. It was powered off when cancelled and never powered on since again. It's been over 11 months since I last powered it on. It has never recevived any deactivate commands so I was pretty excited when I saw this post.

I just powered it back on and was listening to music for all of 1 minute and I was like sweet All of a sudden and I got shut down It stated "Channel Not authorized" and put me back to only channel 1.

Oh well. there goes that.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here. I've had Sirius/XM for almost a year, for free. Last week I received a bill for almost $200, but to "continue" the subscription through next July. I cancelled the service, and just paid $7 for what was prorated...

...and it still works.