G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Warranty help with brake judder tsb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Warranty help with brake judder tsb

My brakes were squealing, so the first dealer I went to told me that my pads are worn out. Upon visual inspection I can tell you that they are full of crap ... I went to another dealer, this one tells me that there's atleast 50%+ life left on the pads so its fine, but the rotors need to be replaced again. I already had the brake judder issue fixed under warranty, so I told this guy that there's a tsb for it... he's claiming its this judder issue is not covered under warranty... wtf? Are they allowed to refuse TSB work if its been done before, even if the problems come back?

Anyone have an issue like this with getting their rotors replaced twice under warranty? Is there a link available so I can print it and send it to the stupid dealership? I have a 2008 g35x

Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Just threaten to take it up with corporate. Most likely the dealership will fold and perform the TSB work, or you can actually contact the corporate office and file a complaint. It'd take a while but usually gets the job done by putting pressure on the stealerships in question.

I also had the brake judder TSB performed under warranty and there were no questions asked. They replaced the rotors and my pads were already pretty much brand new so they didn't end up replacing those. So I'd just be persistent or try another dealership.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Well, I know for certain if the pads are 50% then you sure don't need rotors.. if the face of the rotor is smooth, remove the wheel and dust cover to see if the back is smooth then u don't need rotors. I'm gonna take a guess here, when they did/fit the problem b4 did they use the squeak (blue or grey or black) stuff that came with the install kit?

Side note: some of he dealers state they only use the tsb to tell the service mechanic how to fix the problem..

Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I am pretty sure there is another tsb for caliper noise that is related to one of the caliper pins. What you have doesn't sound like it's brake judder related. Whether or not you had the judder tsb done, your pads can squeel.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Weird thing is, even when the first judder fix was performed, I never knew I had any issues with NY rotors cause it never shook or vibrated when braking .... and it still doesn't vibrate or shake when braking... only squeals...

Old 07-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
My car is at 88k miles and I don't know if this TSB has ever been taken car of on my car. Should they still do it or not? Does the car still have to be under the warranty? I know nothing about TSB's.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
My brakes were squealing, so the first dealer I went to told me that my pads are worn out. Upon visual inspection I can tell you that they are full of crap ... I went to another dealer, this one tells me that there's atleast 50%+ life left on the pads so its fine, but the rotors need to be replaced again. I already had the brake judder issue fixed under warranty, so I told this guy that there's a tsb for it... he's claiming its this judder issue is not covered under warranty... wtf? Are they allowed to refuse TSB work if its been done before, even if the problems come back?

Anyone have an issue like this with getting their rotors replaced twice under warranty? Is there a link available so I can print it and send it to the stupid dealership? I have a 2008 g35x
Mine where repaired/replaced twice on my 07X.
The first time, they resurfaced the rotors but didn't add the splash shields.
The second time, they replaced the rotors and added the splash shields.

Guelph Nissan/Infiniti in Guelph, Ontario. (519) 822-9200

Old 07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by kristof
My car is at 88k miles and I don't know if this TSB has ever been taken car of on my car. Should they still do it or not? Does the car still have to be under the warranty? I know nothing about TSB's.
The car has to be under still the bumper to bumper warranty for TSB's to be done. Once the warranty passes, you have to pay for it.

Plus, brake pads/rotors are also a wear and tear item. Since you already have 88k miles they'll just say your brakes and rotors need replacing anyways. The TSB is for those who have premature brake wear and judder problems.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Judder and noise are two entirely separate symptoms which may or may not have common causes. Basically, do not assume a judder TSB needs to be performed just because you have a noise. Here's the heading from a relevant service bulletin:

ITB00-024e

ALL INFINITI MODELS; BRAKE NOISE/JUDDER/PEDAL FEEL DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR
This bulletin is to assist you in responding to customer questions about brake operation, and provides diagnostic and repair information for each item listed, if any should occur. Most brake issues fall into the following categories:
a. Brake Noise: A squeak, squeal, clunk, or groan that occurs when the brakes are applied or released.
b. Brake Judder: A vibration that can be felt in the vehicle, steering wheel, or brake pedal when the brakes are applied.
c. Pedal Feel: The effort needed to operate the brakes is too high or too low.

If you read through that service bulletin, you will see that the recommended repair actions for each of those symptoms is different.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow didn't know this issue was still going on. I just had Hawk performance pads installed all corners, and turned my rotors 2 weeks ago. Since I bought my car used with 30k miles I have no idea if the PO had the tsb done but I have never had any judder issue with it. Im sitting on 61xxxK now.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Wow didn't know this issue was still going on. I just had Hawk performance pads installed all corners, and turned my rotors 2 weeks ago. Since I bought my car used with 30k miles I have no idea if the PO had the tsb done but I have never had any judder issue with it. Im sitting on 61xxxK now.
If you have splash shields in behind the front rotors then the judder tsb was done, otherwise it was not.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
If you have splash shields in behind the front rotors then the judder tsb was done, otherwise it was not.
Just went outside to check. No splash shield in front but they are on the rear. Guess I don't have to worry about it. Must be how you use yur brake along with any design flaw that has some folks experiencing the judder. Thanks

I know when I had my 04 Titan it was baaaad. After a complete replacement, 3 months later same sheit. That's what I get for getting the first year model.