G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Wireless backup camera (License plate light)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
thats a pretty nice setup

Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parthur
To the OP, Hi I got the same camera you have, a question for you; where did you get the backup light wire? right close to the fixture itself or when it goes inside the car (in the trunk)?
i bought this camera as soon as OP posted about it and i still havent installed it

im still a little confused about the wireless reciever/charger issue as well as the question you have

i plan on doing this in the next week or so since im on vacation

Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What he did with the wireless receiver and the charger was, instead of tapping into a wire to get power for the receiver (in the center console) he disassambled a car charger and hooked the receiver there, to connect to the ligther power..... (I think), and he powered the wireless transmitter tapping into the back up light wires...... My question is the location were he got intercepted the wires...... there is a harness that goes from the left side of the trunk lid into the car.... not sure where he hooked the wireless transmiter connection.......

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM
What he did with the wireless receiver and the charger was, instead of tapping into a wire to get power for the receiver (in the center console) he disassambled a car charger and hooked the receiver there, to connect to the ligther power..... (I think), and he powered the wireless transmitter tapping into the back up light wires...... My question is the location were he got intercepted the wires...... there is a harness that goes from the left side of the trunk lid into the car.... not sure where he hooked the wireless transmiter connection.......
Yea I don't feel 100% comfortable with the car charger idea now that I have taken it apart, especially cause I can't solder. I wish the OP could be found or someone else who has done this

Old 06-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Ok I got it done, its not that hard, sorry I didn't take pictures. I bought the camera that is not wireless. Now, Infiniti901, I got the wires when they come into the trunk from the left corner (top) I followed the whole package of wires until the harness, on the left side (inside the trunk) disconnected the harness and looked for an orange (+) and black (-) ( I knew those were the ones because I took apart the cover of the truck lid and looked the wires as they were coming out of the backup light....... So at the harness, I stripped a little of both wires and tapped into them. Then the video cable, I ran it from the left side of trunk, then found a space in the back of the back seat and passed into cabbin, removed bottom of seat and ran in underneat till the rear door trim, pulled and passed the wired there under the driver seat.... then into the center console to the video plug.......
Now if you have the wireless, you connect the + and - of the transmiter where I did, then in the center console you look for + and - to tap into to connect the receiver and done......

Sorry about the pics, I was going to take them, but when I realized my phone was death..... and did not have the camera with me

Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Ok I got it done, its not that hard, sorry I didn't take pictures. I bought the camera that is not wireless. Now, Infiniti901, I got the wires when they come into the trunk from the left corner (top) I followed the whole package of wires until the harness, on the left side (inside the trunk) disconnected the harness and looked for an orange (+) and black (-) ( I knew those were the ones because I took apart the cover of the truck lid and looked the wires as they were coming out of the backup light....... So at the harness, I stripped a little of both wires and tapped into them. Then the video cable, I ran it from the left side of trunk, then found a space in the back of the back seat and passed into cabbin, removed bottom of seat and ran in underneat till the rear door trim, pulled and passed the wired there under the driver seat.... then into the center console to the video plug.......
Now if you have the wireless, you connect the + and - of the transmiter where I did, then in the center console you look for + and - to tap into to connect the receiver and done......

Sorry about the pics, I was going to take them, but when I realized my phone was death..... and did not have the camera with me
Can you post up some information about where you got the camera? Or perhaps a model number? Anything to search Ebay with since what the OP posted can't be found on Ebay any longer.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Here you go: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewit...d=321105117508
If you go to ebay and search back up camera.....

The following users liked this post:
alicious (06-16-2013)
Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Here you go: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewit...d=321105117508
If you go to ebay and search back up camera.....
I really appreciate that, thanks.

And yeah if you go to Ebay and search back up camera you get 11,310 results, 6,363 of those under car electronics. So finding this exact camera was proving to be difficult. Guess I should have put in "for Infiniti"

Old 06-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by alicious
I really appreciate that, thanks.

And yeah if you go to Ebay and search back up camera you get 11,310 results, 6,363 of those under car electronics. So finding this exact camera was proving to be difficult. Guess I should have put in "for Infiniti"

Ah heck . . . why not go all out and try throwing in a "G35" in there too.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi, I ordered same camera you are using and going to install it tomorrow. Do we have to hit the AUX button when we go reverse?? If AUX button must be used before backing the car, then doing "video bypass mod" disable it. Meaning, it will go straight to back up camera mod without pressing AUX button. Thanks. Also, thank you OP

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by ihatekimch
Hi, I ordered same camera you are using and going to install it tomorrow. Do we have to hit the AUX button when we go reverse?? If AUX button must be used before backing the car, then doing "video bypass mod" disable it. Meaning, it will go straight to back up camera mod without pressing AUX button. Thanks. Also, thank you OP
Yes you need to press the aux every time you want to use the cam; it save me lots of money instead of getting a whole module that does it automatically. ....
Yes also you must do the by pass in order to work. Hope it helps!!

Old 02-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just bought this. Hope it works. I'm a little confused with the wires. and what do you mean you tapped the wires?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have this?