G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013 | 08:24 PM
|
Windshield Wipers

Hey gang! been a while since i ve been on here :P

Just wondering if you all had any recommendations on some good windshield wipers?

also does anyone know the lengths of the blades?

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2013 | 02:35 AM
I believe its 26 driver and 17(maybe 16) for passenger the autoshop or wiper sites online should be able to tell you exact. Rainx latitude and bosch icon are good else the new bosch evo ones are said to be really good as well.

Old 02-27-2013 | 09:06 AM
I wouldn't recommend any of the aftermarket wipers...I tried Bosch Icon and RainX latitude and Bosch Icon, while a good wiper, lasts only like two months before deteriorating.... Rain X Latitude has problems with conforming to the windshield.

Your best bet is just to buy refills for your OEM wipers and just replace it. It's cheaper than buying Rain-X Latitude or Bosch Icon, and will last a lot longer.

Old 02-27-2013 | 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Your best bet is just to buy refills for your OEM wipers and just replace it. It's cheaper than buying Rain-X Latitude or Bosch Icon, and will last a lot longer.
Perfect answer....^....OE wiper blades are far better than anything you can buy aftermarket. I've replaced mine once since I brought SLICK home in '04 and they still work perfectly.
Gary

Old 02-27-2013 | 10:58 AM
Been running the same RainX Latitudes for 10 months. No streaking whatsoever.

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:02 AM
^ In my experience, the Rain X Latitudes don't conform to windshield properly. At least in my Lexus, the end of the wiper blade does not touch the windshield, since there's a steeper curve.

Check to see if the whole windshield is wiped, especially the passenger side at the edge of the blade. That portion never touched my windshield. Rain X Latitudes also do not have the spoiler design on them that will keep them on windshield during high speeds like what the OEM or Bosch Icon has.

You also get more wipe with the OEM blades, since they sit on the side of the wiper arm, not in the middle like the Bosch Icons or the Rain X Latitude.

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:06 AM
i think the ones on my car are RainX, they are the same ones that were on my car when I bought it 2yrs ago...they still seem to work well so i haven't changed them. I've never had a wiper last so long

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:38 AM
They've been working great. And yes, they do have the spoiler design.

Old 02-27-2013 | 12:23 PM
yes, but their spoiler design is symmetrical, not like oem or Bosch icon's asymmetrical design. Asymmetrical spoiler can tolerate higher speeds.

Old 02-27-2013 | 01:16 PM
I have Bosch Marathon wipers on my car, which look and work identically to the Icons, except 2/3 the price at Walmart. Used to use Icons but they only lasted 6 months, these have lasted about a year and are still OK, will probably get at least a few more months out of them.

Anyone have any idea how much the full wiper is from the dealer, my car had aftermarket blades on it when I got it so I couldn't just go the refill route.

Old 02-27-2013 | 01:57 PM
As with most of the group here, using the OEM refills with the G35. Mostly because the one piece OEM wipers are designed to conform to the windshield and honestly are quite decent.

With the other wipers in question,

We have the Bosch Evos on the Sienna and we've been running them for quite a while (two years) and the performance has deteriorated with age however of course it's time for some new blades.

Some family members have tried Rain-X and the Michelin one piece blades however those deteriorated quite rapidly compared to OEM and the Bosch.

However all of those aftermarket wipers share one trait, they all have trouble wiping the bottom passenger side of the windshield.

Not too sure how much replacement wipers are (refills were quite cheap, $20 total I think? was included with the oil change last time) but I believe the part numbers are 28890-JK600 and 28890-JK610.

EDIT - quick search on google for the wiper blades brought me to this ebay listing for the pair - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...055378?vxp=mtr @ $34.95.

*Sorry in advance if i'm not supposed to post ebay links*

Old 02-27-2013 | 09:47 PM
If Phil can chime in with his special pricing to help numerous people here....?

Old 02-27-2013 | 10:25 PM
Meh . . . I'm sorry, but I just can't justify paying those prices for some wipers. I just use the 'Goodyear Assurance' ones that Costco carries for 7 bucks a piece. They're one piece units and last plenty long enough to be of good value for me, so frankly from my perspective, this all seems like a bit of of overthinking to me.

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:13 PM
I replaced mine a while back with the Walmart specials and now the windshield wiper fluid doesn't come out the blades anymore. Serves me right 😕

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Meh . . . I'm sorry, but I just can't justify paying those prices for some wipers. I just use the 'Goodyear Assurance' ones that Costco carries for 7 bucks a piece. They're one piece units and last plenty long enough to be of good value for me, so frankly from my perspective, this all seems like a bit of of overthinking to me.
Each to their own, things are generally more pricey up here in Canada ($12 for Drivers and $8 for passenger according to the invoice, which isn't TOO bad). Like how the door pull finisher is $131 for ONE vs $70 for a PAIR where you guys are.

Though i do wonder if your Goodyear Assurance ones wipe the entire windshield area or does it have problems like most single piece blades which sort of miss the bottom tip end of the windshield? If it does indeed wipe the entire area, i'd say $7 is a pretty good price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers