G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dash board light question and HID question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash board light question and HID question

Ok after bad luck since yesterday trying to install 2 HID lights i broke something inside my headlight that the clip holds the bulb down with or whatever... broke kinda easily now i had to improvise on how to keep the bulb steady.. so i gave up on putting them in and put the factory ones back in..

so it working for now and holding it in place... but the thing is i dont know if its going to cost me buying a whole new headlight to get that little part inside fixed.... or can i just replace that little part inside of the HID assembly???

my other question is after improvising and going on a testdrive hitting bumps to see if it would shake it loose it didnt but while i was doing that i hit a bump that caused my 8 and 9 on my RPM gauge to flicker

i thought my 8 and 9 on my gauge was never suppose to light up all this time having this car... so is there a bulb that needs to be replaced in my dash or something??

heres a pic of the lights not on the 8 and 9 on the RPM

Attached Thumbnails Dash board light question and HID question-photo.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Mack813
Ok after bad luck since yesterday trying to install 2 HID lights i broke something inside my headlight that the clip holds the bulb down with or whatever... broke kinda easily now i had to improvise on how to keep the bulb steady.. so i gave up on putting them in and put the factory ones back in..

so it working for now and holding it in place... but the thing is i dont know if its going to cost me buying a whole new headlight to get that little part inside fixed.... or can i just replace that little part inside of the HID assembly???

my other question is after improvising and going on a testdrive hitting bumps to see if it would shake it loose it didnt but while i was doing that i hit a bump that caused my 8 and 9 on my RPM gauge to flicker

i thought my 8 and 9 on my gauge was never suppose to light up all this time having this car... so is there a bulb that needs to be replaced in my dash or something??

It's hard to tell exactly what's broken on your headlamp from here, but as long as it's removable from the assembly, you could theoretically swap it with parts from a salvage unit that is still good in that area (lots of headlamps go for cheap with cracked lenses or broken mounting tabs).

AS far as your tach goes, those number should be illuminated too. You've got an led bulb out most likely.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-flashing.html

Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 PM
thanks for the help my man! man after reading those replies about my dash light and how expensive its looking i might just have to live with it..

and where im at in the states there arent many salvage places to get parts!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 PM
thanks for the help my man! man after reading those replies about my dash light and how expensive its looking i might just have to live with it..

and where im at in the states there arent many salvage places to get parts!
I hear you. It's not that bad actually, since you'll never get in that range anyway. If it progresses further and.or you do find you want to take care of it, you can always order one and have it shipped, or ship yours out to a repair facility. Between the internet and FedEX, there practically nothing you can't do right from your desk.

The following users liked this post:
Mack813 (06-17-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Will that fit for my car?

Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
07-09 35/37 share the same inst cluster, so yes it should fit.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 PM
I thought those were a 'coded' part, so I'm pretty sure you'll need the dealer or a certified shop make any changes to the mileage numbers (programming) so you can use it in your car.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Ok after bad luck since yesterday trying to install 2 HID lights i broke something inside my headlight that the clip holds the bulb down with or whatever... broke kinda easily now i had to improvise on how to keep the led light steady.. so i gave up on putting them in and put the factory ones back in..

it looks bad situation for you. There is fair bit of damage which is costly to repair..I think flashlight needs to be changed

Last edited by HerbertWagner; 06-19-2013 at 06:30 AM.