G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Horrible Luck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Very interesting scenario, best of luck to you OP. Things will work out for you, stay positive!

Nick C.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
heyyy

we got our infinitis from the same dealership!

Old 09-07-2013, 07:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
OP sorry to see, definitely sub'd.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
damn, just saw this,, that's a shame, Math,, and yes that is pretty bad, crappy luck, especially when we, ( actually all the folks on this site) take such good care of our cars. I hope its just the cover again and not any steel fender adjusting..... ps. makes ya wanna just go ram the perps vehicle with a winter beater, or something.......

Old 09-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keep us posted. Hoping it turns out well.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
I found out the driver's insurance company and am now dealing with them. They're trying to reach the owner of the vehicle to see what his/her story is about the accident. I provided them with the police report and the pictures as evidence.

They'll need to see the video, but Target and the police have possession of that video. I hope everything turns out in my favor.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I found out the driver's insurance company and am now dealing with them. They're trying to reach the owner of the vehicle to see what his/her story is about the accident. I provided them with the police report and the pictures as evidence.

They'll need to see the video, but Target and the police have possession of that video. I hope everything turns out in my favor.
Nice to see things are moving forward, interested hearing how this turns out, good luck

Old 09-12-2013, 05:38 PM
UPDATE

So the other insurance carrier was able to talk to the owner of the vehicle, and she stated that her brother-in-law was driving during the time, and he told her that someone hit him...She also said he was out of the country and he will be back next week to talk to his insurance company to describe the accident.

Now I am pretty upset about the whole thing. If he ends up lying to the insurance company about what really happened there may be drastic consequences. I have the video and police on my side.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:31 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Go get the bastard. I'm still wanting retribution on the people that stole my rims even though the wheels have been recovered. I'm playing the waiting game as well to see who is awarded ownership of the wheels.....

Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM
All of us that have been victims of another drivers' douchebaggery are rooting for you, go get him like a rabid pitbull

Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 AM
The police gave me the video they obtained from Target, and I was able to review the whole accident again. I could not identify the person who left the note on my windshield, but I was able to notice the car he was driving.

I would like to thank a certain fellow Infiniti G owner, whoever you are, for leaving the note on my windshield of the plate number of the van that hit me. You were very important in helping me solve this case. There were many people around the area, and it was only you who was trying to help.

Infiniti owners will always notice another Infiniti on the road. That Infiniti love!

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-15-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago in Kittery ME! Although I had no witness. Insurance is calling it a collision even though the car was hit while parked. It doesn't even look like a collision, no bumper impression and a small mark on the spoiler, so I plan to battle with them on that. Of course my comp deductible is $300 and collision in $500 so they want to get more out of me.

The bumper repaint alone was quoted at $500 for me. Mine is very minimal, could almost buff out but, in a few small places it is through the paint.

Unrelated, can you PM me where you got the windows tinted and how much you paid? I live in Belmont so anything nearby would be of interest.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by NeverEnough02
Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago in Kittery ME! Although I had no witness. Insurance is calling it a collision even though the car was hit while parked. It doesn't even look like a collision, no bumper impression and a small mark on the spoiler, so I plan to battle with them on that. Of course my comp deductible is $300 and collision in $500 so they want to get more out of me.

The bumper repaint alone was quoted at $500 for me. Mine is very minimal, could almost buff out but, in a few small places it is through the paint.

Unrelated, can you PM me where you got the windows tinted and how much you paid? I live in Belmont so anything nearby would be of interest.
Well here is the good news! The insurance company finally admitted fault after sending them the video and the driver decided to change his story after the police went to his house.

The car has been in the body shop for a while now and they said that the bumper can't be repaired after trying to bend it back to shape but it won't fit anymore so they have to order me a new one.

Also, as for tint shops, I am looking to tint my car also since I have to register this car in MA, with 35% all around without the windshield, and it costs $185 at Sonny's Glass Tinting in Saugus. I have to get my old tints removed since they were 20% which is illegal in MA. Total for me is $285.

They use Madico Charcool, which is the original film in my car for the past 4 years and no colorshifting/bubbling/purpling. Still looks like new from today. They have a lifetime warranty. I also heard good things about Tint King in Billerica, but when I called them, they said that if I were to remove the rear tints, they would most likely damage my defroster lines. With Sonny's, they said that they use a technique that shouldn't cause damage (steamer), so they seem more professional than Tint King.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great news! Glad it is heading in the right direction! Thanks for the heads up on tints. I plan to stay legal on mine as well. I will have to call around.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Way to stay vigilant OP, glad it's on them and not you, hope all the repairs come out factory fresh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Luck