G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

JDM style SKYLINE badge on v36?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM style SKYLINE badge on v36?

Anyone have a pic of a S K Y L I N E badge on their v36? I'm in the market for an white 07 g35 sedan, and have been tossing up ideas in my head and this one sticks out to me. I'm wanting to remove the infiniti and g35 badge and replace it with a skyline badge in the infiniti badges location. Most likely going to be the same color scheme as my current daily...

Last edited by qccoles; 01-02-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
A lot of our 18 & 19 yr old members do

Old 01-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Are you sure about that, 'cuz I'm guessing this is a mod that has never been done before. Pure awesome sauce.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I'm 21 so I suppose that'd put me in that category!
But no, I'm severely against upbadging, but I do know that the g35 is the skyline in japan. It's the same car, so I wouldn't consider it an upbadge. I've seen cars such as modded kia optimas using the korean Kia logo instead of the American Kia logo, which looks alot better, which is the same principle to me.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I know this is a troll thread but the subject comes up more than you think and in my opinion if your g is putting down some decent power, enough to not get embarrassed by an evo or sti then do it if that's what you want to represent. Just don't slap the skyline badge on there when your car is completely stock lmao

Old 01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
But our cars are known as Skyline in Japan. So why need for the extra HP? I don't get it?!?!?!

I find it totally acceptable to make it look JDM.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Upgrading our first gen G35 is what some of us have done from the suspension, brakes and headlights to how much WHP our engines put out! Rebadging has been done but it's doesn't improve anything and falls into the same category as trying to make your G35 look like a GT-R! Why make your ride look like something it's not?
Gary

Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 PM
I find it silly that a car owner must take into consideration of the fact that there are incompetent people who must and always associate the Skyline name with the mighty GTR. If someone wants to rebadge their car with the original name given from the land of the manufacturer, why would this person need to worry about people like you who doesn't know the facts? LOL

I personally don't like Blue cars.... But I don't go on forums telling people their blue car is silly and dumb.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I might have the pix but you have to look for it in my Instagram. I had them since 08 when I bought the car brand new.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by mrclowny

I personally don't like Blue cars....

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
I find it silly that a car owner must take into consideration of the fact that there are incompetent people who must and always associate the Skyline name with the mighty GTR. If someone wants to rebadge their car with the original name given from the land of the manufacturer, why would this person need to worry about people like you who doesn't know the facts? LOL

I personally don't like Blue cars.... But I don't go on forums telling people their blue car is silly and dumb.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: its about heritage. People are NOT rebadging because they "happen" to like the name better. They're rebadging to assume the heritage of the skyline GTR. Its upbadging whether you want to admit it or not.

All of your arguments saying "it doesn't matter, cuz that's the jdm name" and "I'm not upbadging, who cares what its called", etc. are very ironic, because if it makes no difference, then why go thru the trouble? Just call it a g35.

Seriously, what do you get from rebadging it? You get to tell people (who dont know any better) you have a skyline, knowing full well that they're gonna associate it with some fast and furious car. Gtfoutta here.

The following users liked this post:
DeafBringer (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
I've said it before and I'll say it again: its about heritage. People are NOT rebadging because they "happen" to like the name better. They're rebadging to assume the heritage of the skyline GTR. Its upbadging whether you want to admit it or not.

All of your arguments saying "it doesn't matter, cuz that's the jdm name" and "I'm not upbadging, who cares what its called", etc. are very ironic, because if it makes no difference, then why go thru the trouble? Just call it a g35.

Seriously, what do you get from rebadging it? You get to tell people (who dont know any better) you have a skyline, knowing full well that they're gonna associate it with some fast and furious car. Gtfoutta here.
LOL NO! the only people associating a rebadged g to a skyline with "some fast and furious car" are the people who just got into modding imports (ricers)

The skyline name has a history of being a really fast car. it is what it is. So when you rebadge a car that is a skyline in Japan but is a relatively slower car here now, it just looks bad.

But like I said, what can an evo, sti, s2k owner say when your rebadged skyline is twin turbo or supercharged and can tear their car to shreds?! Not a damn thing. Just my experience.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:22 PM
LOL it's just a badge that correlates with the same car in Japan. LOL. You guys are taking it too seriously, furthermore unless you talked to the original poster how do you know what his real intentions are?

If anyone is to blame you guys should be pissed at Nissan for naming our G35 as Skyline in Japan. How can they dishonor the heritage of Skyline! LOL

I personally encourage any car owner to fix up/customize their car any way they see fit. It's your car and your entitled to that right. It's too bad though as there are too many people who thinks they are entitled to tell you otherwise.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
I mean when PSEDOG took his sedan to Japan it stayed an Infiniti. When JAIREN drove it on the Autobahn he drove it as an INFINITI G35 Coupe.
If your notices on the sun visors are in English... You have a USDM car and are a poser otherwise.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Mrclowny, we didn't bring this subject up...you did! You can do whatever you want with your Infiniti we honestly don't care! We don't even care if you don't like what we drive...Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JDM style SKYLINE badge on v36?