G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Staggered Wheels Rotation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Originally Posted by vqsmile

Your last comment about Asymmetrical tires also makes no sense, since (even with staggered setup) you can always rotate them side-to-side (and without staggered setup they can go anywhere).
Please, tire God, tell me you didn't say this.

OMG, I am starting to think you do have a reading problem.

I should not even be bothering to explain this to you, as you are just as likely to believe whatever idea you have stuck in your head already (like not reversing the direction of rotation on tires). Against better judgement, I will try and add the full context here so you can possibly understand:

First, you said:

Originally Posted by ScraggleRock

. . . (** a bunch of incorrect info here about not reversing the direction if tire rotation went here **) . . .

That being said, if it's an asymmetrical tire, there is zero chance of rotating them.
Then I said:

. . .

(** A bunch of info here about how/why you were mistaken about reversing rotation direction **)

Your last comment about Asymmetrical tires also makes no sense, since (even with staggered setup) you can always rotate them side-to-side (and without staggered setup they can go anywhere).
. . .
So my comment was specifically refuting your claim that there was "ZERO CHANCE" to rotate an asymmetrical tire. I never said it was a "cool idea" or that it was going to make a big difference in tread life or not. I merely demonstrated that YOUR STATEMENT WAS WRONG!

Furthermore, in what was clearly a wasted effort to clarify myself about that comment, I also added this following part which you neglected to read and/or understand:

. . .

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR, the only instance where you cannot rotate your tires at all, would be where you have a staggered set of tires which are both asymmetrical AND directional, which is a fairly rare setup...
Again, I am clearly speaking to your assertion about having "ZERO CHANCE" of rotating a asymmetrical tire.

Look pal, I am no "tire god", but for god's sake, at least I understand how to read and I certainly understand the differences between asymmetrical vs symmetrical and directional vs. non-directional when it comes to tires, and particularly when it comes to staggered setups.

You have repeatedly made statements here which reflect you clearly don't have an informed understanding, and instead you adhere to some anecdotal "once-in-a-lifetime-something-bad-happened" story which we are all just supposed to "trust you" about even though it contradicts what the entire tire industry claims.

I've said all I can about this. I am through with your repeated misinterpretations and mistruths. It's all here for anyone with a reasonable reading comprehension to see. If you want to continue to make false statements and misconstrue what has been said, have at it. I'm out.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You can't even conceptualize how Turning a wheel around puts it in the same position. All your arguments are void.

You are NOT "rotating" the tire by turning it around regardless of you wanting to feel correct. Just cuz you're moving it does not mean you're effectively "rotating" it. You're simply moving it. If we used the word for its specific technical definition, I could say you "rotate" it many times every time you drive. We all know what rotating tires is supposed to mean when it comes to cars. But, yeah, please, by all means quit being retarded.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 03-13-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:21 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
So, what's up, man? You clearly said that you can just "change sides" on an asymmetrical tire..then you claimed (aka lied) not to say that at all.. Then you tried to argue your way out of it. It's good that you never claimed to be a tire God or I may have had to call you a tire Hillary Clinton. You know, someone who tries to hide what they say and use argumentative reasoning to convince themselves that they're right.

Unless you're a tire builder who literally knows the chemistry of rubber in its current and most recent molecular integrity across all brands and have the handwritten research to prove it, your "opinion" is as meaningless as me writing this post. You know nothing other than what you're willing to believe. Again, if superstition is no issue to your human condition, please change the direction of your tires and prove me wrong. Until then, I have more experience than you have research, so gfys.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The front rims are 7.5 and the rear rims are 8.5. If you bulge much more than a 245 on the front rims and then move (rotate) them to the rear, I would think that the slight slop created by the oversized tire on the narrow rim in the back would change the 'closer to the limit' handling characteristics. Specifically, you will create less understeer, or said alternatively more oversteer.

You know if it is too much oversteer for your driving talent and conditions when you keep over-rotating in traffic circles and ending up backwards when driving spirited.