G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Horn won't honk!!

Old 03-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by jaythebeard View Post
Yeah I think that's what I'm going to have to do as well... Thanks for the feedback tho
Did you ever find out what the issue was?

Old 03-06-2019, 09:38 AM
This is what i did.. since I got continuity from the clock spring when I press the horn I knew that the problem was the circuit wire running to the clock spring but its a thousand wires running under the dash and I couldn't figure out which wire it was and where it ran too.... So I bought some wire ran it from the horn relay and hide the wire through the engine bay and ran it through the hood cable hole then under the dash and securely connected it to the terminal horn wire... I through in a inline fuse holder and problem solved.... May not be the most professional way but hey it may have saved me a few hundred dollars... Good Luck

Last edited by jaythebeard; 03-06-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM
G35x
Originally Posted by jaythebeard View Post
This is what i did.. since I got continuity from the clock spring when I press the horn I knew that the problem was the circuit wire running to the clock spring but its a thousand wires running under the dash and I couldn't figure out which wire it was and where it ran too.... So I bought some wire ran it from the horn relay and hide the wire through the engine bay and ran it through the hood cable hole then under the dash and securely connected it to the terminal horn wire... I through in a inline fuse holder and problem solved.... May not be the most professional way but hey it may have saved me a few hundred dollars... Good Luck
Thanks. If the clock spring doesn't do the trick, I will try this.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: