G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Total loss value for '08 G35XS??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total loss value for '08 G35XS??

Hello all,

I was on a road trip in labor weekend and got in an accident 600 miles away from home.
Just heard back from the insurance adjuster that the car is total loss.
It was a great car and very unfortunate to lose it but I guess it's time to move on.

I am trying to understand the value of the vehicle I can recover from the insurance.
It's a 2008 G35XS with ~150k miles
I looked up used car websites to see what are the listing prices and I could only find a very few listings for G35X.

Sorry for asking but if you recently lost your G from an accident, can you share what your insurance paid to you?
And any tips for the negotiation with the adjuster on aftermarket performance parts (wheels, exhaust, intake, coilovers, etc) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2020, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by reverse01134
Hello all,

I was on a road trip in labor weekend and got in an accident 600 miles away from home.
It was a great car and very unfortunate to lose it but I guess it's time to move on.

I am trying to understand the value of the vehicle I can recover from the insurance.
I looked up used car websites to see what are the listing prices and I could only find a very few listings for G35X.

Sorry for asking but if you recently lost your G from an accident, can you share what your insurance paid to you?
And any tips for the negotiation with the adjuster on aftermarket performance parts (wheels, exhaust, intake, coilovers, etc) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
A quick google search for KBB

https://www.kbb.com/infiniti/g/2005/...&vehicleid=970

I doubt any insurance company is going to raise their payoff for any aftermarket parts unless they were previously notified, approved and adjusted your premium for them but good luck?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by telcoman
A quick google search for KBB

https://www.kbb.com/infiniti/g/2005/...&vehicleid=970

I doubt any insurance company is going to raise their payoff for any aftermarket parts unless they were previously notified, approved and adjusted your premium for them but good luck?
I did search KBB and I don't know if their estimate represents the true value of my vehicle.
It's 2008 later year model and AWD sport model. I was expecting more like 6000-8000.

If insurance adjuster doesn't account for the additional value on aftermarket tuning parts, will they allow me to replace them with OEM parts and take the aftermarket parts?

Old 09-17-2020, 12:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You can talk to them about the aftermarket parts, typically they are never included in the adjusted price. Adjusters are also sort of scammy and will try to look for the lowest appraisal value in your region and use it instead. You can fight them on the adjusted price if it's actually being appraised too low. It's literally their job to make money for their company.

You can also get a private estimate on repairs, sometimes it's better to buy the vehicle back and have a couple shops do repairs. Pick an inexpensive shop for the body/structure repair, buy most of the components yourself on eBay, then have someone do vinyl wrap instead of paint if you want to save money. Heck the headlights alone are usually $1k for OEM stuff, you can throw some eBay LED lights in it for $250.

All depends on if you actually want to KEEP the car.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Your mom's boyfriend
Originally Posted by cleric670
Adjusters are also sort of scammy and will try to look for the lowest appraisal value in your region and use it instead. You can fight them on the adjusted price if it's actually being appraised too low.
Scamming the scammers.
Quick . Post a bunch of fake ads in your area.
Suddenly your car is worth a few thousand more.
Profit.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:28 PM
2008 G35 silver sedan stock w/Ray's
Originally Posted by reverse01134
Hello all,

Thanks!
I sell cars and I've seen this before (on a G35 actually). The insurance company will make an adjustment for the add-ons if you can provide proof with pictures or receipts. That said, the car is worth at least $6k bone stock given replacement value and a replacement doesn't exist. PM me if you need help.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Neube
I sell cars and I've seen this before (on a G35 actually). The insurance company will make an adjustment for the add-ons if you can provide proof with pictures or receipts. That said, the car is worth at least $6k bone stock given replacement value and a replacement doesn't exist. PM me if you need help.
I sent you a PM yesterday but I guess I can ask here in case you didn't get notifications...
From what source did you get the $6k value of the stock vehicle? I just wanted to have some reference if the adjuster lowballs my car's value.