G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

From Us, To You: 2007 All New G Sneak Peek Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone else have issues with loading the walk around? Other videos on the site are fine....

Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by harley01
Anyone else have issues with loading the walk around? Other videos on the site are fine....
Works fine for me...
codex issue??

Old 04-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S.E.
Most of what you said belongs on the M, not the G. This thing is a SPORTS luxury sedan. Heated steering wheel? Folding mirrors? Rain sensing wipers? I don't know.....when you are looking through the windshield, its pretty easy to tell when its raining, and the wiper stem is right there.... You wouldnt find me shopping for a new G if i HAD to pay for stuff like that.
I completely agree. I already dislike the auto climate control of the G so I don't want any more of that nonsense. How hard is it to move your hand over a few inches to flick a switch? All that junk adds weight and adds more expensive parts to replace if something goes wrong. I rather have options that add something new like a harddrive built into the dash for music or more adjustable seats.

I also hate the idea of talking to a car. It's quicker and easier to just do it myself. It would be useful for the Nav system but unless they are 100% accurate all the time, I find it useless.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Glad that you enjoyed the "sneak peek!"

Old 04-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm so glad that you're pleased with the all-new G!

As far as the price, you'll have to stay tuned until early fall! Don't worry it will be coming soon I'm just happy to hear that you enjoyed the video and are really looking forward to actually checking out the car in person!

CYA!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:31 PM
infinitimichell - just sent you a private message

Last edited by tkman00; 04-13-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear that you not only appreciated the fact that the vid is up on the forum, but also the fact that you love the car!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
Ok here goes a long list of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......

I've always been one to root for the underdog. When the 1st G35 had the big task of dethroning the BMW 3 series I was glad to see the outcome of all the subjective testing out there, hence I now own an '04 6mt sedan with all the trimmings. The G35 brought life back to Infiniti and shook up the competition putting them on notice. So much so that they ALL went back to the drawing board and came back to the table with BIG offerings. The current 330i is quite feature laden, although at a much higher price (a bit overpriced in my opinion). Still, I would consider it since they provide free vehicle maintenance which makes up for the price gap.

I know Infiniti is trying to move their image upscale and compete with the best from Europe and Japan, but they can't keep riding on having an almost as good as, but for much less $$$ car. There have been many discussion here about offering a lower priced G with a smaller engine. I for one rather see Infiniti keep its image higher. So far Infiniti has done great with the G, M & FX.

Michelle if you are indeed from Infiniti then I hope that our replies are getting back to them to make an impact on the final product. Here's my 2 cents:

1. Horsepower/toque are going to need to be at least 315/280 to stay on top (using the new standard)

2. Infiniti needs to do more to improve fuel economy
'06 BMW 330i = 21/29
'06 Acura TL = 20/29
'06 Lexus IS350 = 21/28
'06 Infiniti G35 = 18/25
'06 Merc C350 = 20/29
'06 BMW 750i = 17/25

I had to include the 750i just to prove my point (360HP and close to 4500 lbs.)

3. More competetive features:
-anti brake fade
-brake drying
-DVD Audio/DTS CD surround audio system
-rain sensing wipers
-heating steering wheel (Maximas have these)
-auto dimming, power folding, tilting outside mirrors w/ turn signals (Maxima also has less signals)
-rear sunshade
-interior accent lighting
-venilated front seats

4. Not sure if these are not there but they should be:
-mirrors included in memory seating
-aux/iPod input
-personal comfort settings per driver/key (i.e. audio, climate, etc.)
-heated washer nozzeles (I've driven for an hour w/ frozen washers)
-voice activated control (maybe a bit upscale but would be nice)
-give 6mt intelligent key and rear heater ducts previously left out

5. There are rumors BMW is planning a higher performance version of its 330i dubbed a 335i w/ a possible turbo boasting 325-335hp. I think Infiniti would have a market for an exclusive limited production variant w/ even more performance.

I think I've covered most of the major points. I'm sure many of you will agree and disagree about the list. I love my G and would definately want to get another one if it has all the right stuff.

Sorry for the long BLAH, BLAH, BLAH guys, I just needed to make my point.

your taking features from every car and putting them all in one and want the price to stay the same..?

Also I am already surprised this car has so many features and more than the M35, and your wanting it to have even more things than the M, maybe the M will get the features first and than pass on in a couple years, but I dont see it happening anytime soon

Last edited by Raheel; 04-13-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
I also hate the idea of talking to a car. It's quicker and easier to just do it myself. It would be useful for the Nav system but unless they are 100% accurate all the time, I find it useless.
Im guessing you have never tried a Acura TL, Very acurate, and very fast and responsive, without taking a finger off the steering wheel, I was kinda vary of these technological features at first too, but it seems we are in a advanced stage now that its actually practical with less errors

Old 04-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Raheel
your taking features from every car and putting them all in one and want the price to stay the same..?
I'd pay the premium for all that.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i like it, looks hot

Old 04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by G35keg
So far it looks great, can't wait to check out the audio system on it..
Hey, glad that you like what you see, so far!

Yes, the audio system is definetly one of the key features of the new G. The all new G is available with Infiniti's Studio on Wheels by Bose, which combines the industry's first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating a 24-bit Burr Brown Digital Audio Converter.

I know that was a mouthfull, but the audio system is definetely a key feature to check out

Old 04-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by N50
Michelle,

Video is much appreciated. Can't wait until they hit the lot. I'm thinking of trading in my FX for one of these. Keep up the great work!
So you have an FX, cool!! Yes, I'm anxious for them to get out on the road as well! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the "sneak peek"

Old 04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
First of all, thanks for posting up the vid! Much appreciated

The new model looks amazing...can't wait to see it in person
Yes, you have to see it in person. Trust me, the video is only a preview of what you'll see when you see it "live and in effect" on your own turf! Let me know what you think when you do

Old 04-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by tkman00
you have to admit, it's pretty kewl that infiniti marketing came on to the forums and gave us this
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the video! Our intention was to really give something a little extra to the fans. We wanted to be sure that we did something that you guys would hopefully enjoy.

Glad to hear that you did

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From Us, To You: 2007 All New G Sneak Peek Video