From Us, To You: 2007 All New G Sneak Peek Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
How's the gas mileage?
Hey Mike,

We actually haven't released any information about the gas mileage yet. But, and of course there is a but, if you check back in a month or so, we may have something for you....

Old 04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks infinitimichell for stopping by and posting the video.

Overall, I like the car's interior very much (especially the steering wheel). Overall, a very modern, driver's cockpit that easily beats the one in the BMW 3 series.

Exterior looks are a mixed bag. I like the evolutionary design implemented here, but the front end doesn't remind me of the previous G35. Rather, it looks like it's taken on shapes and cues from the M35/45 (another great looking car) and perhaps even the Altima/Maxima...

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing the car in person and checking out the specs. I'm certain that the car's performance will be phenomenal. I also hope that Infinti is rating their horsepower figures under the new SAE-certified regulations (to my knowledge, all of their refreshed/redesigned cars are.)

Overall, good things from Infiniti. It's just too bad that the GT-R won't get Infiniti designation here. The brand could have really used a halo car.

Last edited by GuyLegend; 04-13-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by siipookykid
i completely agree that these options should be available to the G. most of these left out features are inexpensive to produce, so the price would not be effected significantly. someone replied, "what's so hard about reaching over and flipping a switch." nothing is difficult about it, but these features are prestigious and add to the luxury. it's disappointing when less reputable cars, such as the toyota avalon, have these features as options. in the case of the G and other mid to low end brand cars (ie, G compared to the Q) the company leaves these features out because they would like to see consumers buy up to the higher end models that have these features available. i'm sorry, but any features that the maxima has should be available to the G. i'm glad to see lower end cars, such as the new civic, has these luxury options available (navigation). within the next few years, it will force all luxury cars to have options available to keep up with the competition.
One thing that does bother me, is no FOGLIGHTS, How do the old Altimas have it and the G35 Doesnt!?

Old 04-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Raheel
One thing that does bother me, is no FOGLIGHTS, How do the old Altimas have it and the G35 Doesnt!?
Foglights are built into the headlights. It's always had them.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by UofMG35
Foglights are built into the headlights. It's always had them.

I dont like that, it may still have a purpose, but it does not look nice as having them at the bottom, many people have manually installed some at the bottom

Old 04-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I love the Fog Lights on the 2007 Maxima

Old 04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I agree. They add a nice balance to the lower bumper in that location.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Im guessing you have never tried a Acura TL, Very acurate, and very fast and responsive, without taking a finger off the steering wheel, I was kinda vary of these technological features at first too, but it seems we are in a advanced stage now that its actually practical with less errors

Raheel,

One of my friends has TL, and the voice system is really a gimick.
He uses it, but he usually has to repeat things....especially the bluetooth phone functions!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Ohe yeah....video NO WORKIE! it just says "loading"

Old 04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If the sedan pushing just over 300hp ..i wonder what kind of hp the coupe will offer...

Old 04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I love the Fog Lights on the 2007 Maxima

I do like the new foglights on the Maxima, but I've always thought the QX4 had the coolest fog lights ever. They look like big fat diamonds blinging in the grille! I really wish Infiniti would bring back the QX4 (hint..hint...Michelle )

BTW, props to this guy's ride....check it out on cardomain.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
your taking features from every car and putting them all in one and want the price to stay the same..?

Also I am already surprised this car has so many features and more than the M35, and your wanting it to have even more things than the M, maybe the M will get the features first and than pass on in a couple years, but I dont see it happening anytime soon
Many of these features can be found in ONE car. If half of those features were available I would be satisfied. I never said that I wasn't willing to pay more for those things, however I don't think you need to pay $50K to get those features, nor do I want to have a much larger car just to get the amenities.

I understand that many of you think that these features are a bit excessive. That's why they are usually options. It's up to the buyer to decide how they want to equip the car. To each is own.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by siipookykid
i completely agree that these options should be available to the G. most of these left out features are inexpensive to produce, so the price would not be effected significantly. someone replied, "what's so hard about reaching over and flipping a switch." nothing is difficult about it, but these features are prestigious and add to the luxury. it's disappointing when less reputable cars, such as the toyota avalon, have these features as options. in the case of the G and other mid to low end brand cars (ie, G compared to the Q) the company leaves these features out because they would like to see consumers buy up to the higher end models that have these features available. i'm sorry, but any features that the maxima has should be available to the G. i'm glad to see lower end cars, such as the new civic, has these luxury options available (navigation). within the next few years, it will force all luxury cars to have options available to keep up with the competition.
I think you got my point and how I feel about buying a G. I had a Maxima and felt like I was upgrading when I bought the G. Now the Maxima has more features than the G. Right again on the Avalon reference or even cars like the TL and Passat. Those who find these things over the top can still get lesser euipped or base G's and it will still be a great car.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by JGFox
I'd pay the premium for all that.
My G's sticker was almost $39K and I got every option available. It was my reward to myself for hard work. I would definately fork over a few grand more to get these things.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
When you say sticker.. you didn't pay MSRP did you? I paid a few hundred under invoice for my loaded '05x and it wasn't near $39K. The OTD price was about $38K and change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From Us, To You: 2007 All New G Sneak Peek Video