G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Why are the mods now moving everything.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
if you didn't reply with some ridiculas statement.
You finally caught onto what I was doing after how many posts? You're not that sharp man...

I give you credit for trying though...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by ttrank
OK,

Here is my $0.02 and advice regarding all the subsections.

We (including the mods and everone else) need to try and think of the 10 or so most common questions we see in each section and actually take the time to make a sticky thread with answers for each one. With all the time spent moving threads this could have happened a long time ago. I will try to work on this too.

Whether or not you keep moving threads the same old questions will keep coming up in the coupe or sedan or whatever section because the previous one with the answers will move to the bottom then the next page and so on until the next new member asks again.

Lets try this and maybe help everyone.

People will continue to post stuff in the wrong section. I may do it from time to time to make sure the right traffic sees it. If you want to give it a short life and move it, go ahead. I have realized this is a loosing battle and will admit whether or not I like it there is some benefit.

Hell make me a mod and I will try to get started on the sticky threads. I'm not just trying to make more work for you.
I've started a thread in the sedan section for this purpose(https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151887). The thread itself will not become a sticky, but I'll start a new FAQ containing info from this first thread and make that a sticky.

We'll try it out for a while, and depending on it's effectiveness, I plan on doing the same to the various subsections in the tech area.

When some one posts a question that is addressed in the FAQ, I will do my best to respond with a link to the FAQ, and I will close the thread.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
OK,

Here is my $0.02 and advice regarding all the subsections.

We (including the mods and everone else) need to try and think of the 10 or so most common questions we see in each section and actually take the time to make a sticky thread with answers for each one. With all the time spent moving threads this could have happened a long time ago. I will try to work on this too.

Whether or not you keep moving threads the same old questions will keep coming up in the coupe or sedan or whatever section because the previous one with the answers will move to the bottom then the next page and so on until the next new member asks again.

Lets try this and maybe help everyone.

People will continue to post stuff in the wrong section. I may do it from time to time to make sure the right traffic sees it. If you want to give it a short life and move it, go ahead. I have realized this is a loosing battle and will admit whether or not I like it there is some benefit.

Hell make me a mod and I will try to get started on the sticky threads. I'm not just trying to make more work for you.
why would you have to be a mod to make the threads. Couldn't you just type them up and ask a mod to sticky them? I'm sure they wouldn't mind if some of the other members took it upon themselves to do so

Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RXM
I thought I was being nice. No point for someone adding his/her 2 cents when something has been already dropped and agreed upon, correct?

BTW: I love your avatar, my co-workers dig it too!
You want to be heard, let others be heard too. 49,999 to go.
Please don't be dissing any of your fellow members not to mention a Y/L.

This is a discussion. If you don't like the way the discussion is flowing then lurk.

Manners pleeze.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:45 PM
RXM
Originally Posted by O NO
You want to be heard, let others be heard too. 49,999 to go.
Please don't be dissing any of your fellow members not to mention a Y/L.

This is a discussion. If you don't like the way the discussion is flowing then lurk.

Manners pleeze.
100% AGREEEEEED and 99.9% Understood!!! Mums the word...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Um yeah, when you said you "catch pretty much everyone". Yeah. Immediately I thought "really? That just blows my theory away!"

Please. Keep your credit. You need it to buy a sarcasm detector

Originally Posted by RXM
You finally caught onto what I was doing after how many posts? You're not that sharp man...

I give you credit for trying though...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM
RXM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I've started a thread in the sedan section for this purpose(https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151887). The thread itself will not become a sticky, but I'll start a new FAQ containing info from this first thread and make that a sticky.

We'll try it out for a while, and depending on it's effectiveness, I plan on doing the same to the various subsections in the tech area.

When some one posts a question that is addressed in the FAQ, I will do my best to respond with a link to the FAQ, and I will close the thread.
Nice move. Are these facts going to be verified before they are put the FAQ? If not, the FAQ thread is going to turn into a debate thread. Great idea! Me likes many.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
RXM
Um yeah, when you said you "catch pretty much everyone". Yeah. Immediately I thought "really? That just blows my theory away!"

Please. Keep your credit. You need it to buy a sarcasm detector
Look man...you hate me...and I love you more....so lets just stop this fussin and all this jibber jabber that has nothing to deal with this thread. If you want, you can PM me or even msg me on AIM ($1.99 for first msg and $0.99 thereafter) and we can discuss more about fishes. Fishes do not belong in this thread...they belong in bodies of water.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RXM
Nice move. Are these facts going to be verified before they are put the FAQ? If not, the FAQ thread is going to turn into a debate thread. Great idea! Me likes many.
I mentioned in the first post that the thread will be heavily moderated. I've already deleted one useless post from the thread. I think discussion is good, as long as it is focused on the FAQ itself. It something goes too far afield, I'll recommend that the posters take it elsewhere, or if the topic is too controversial, the item be removed from the FAQ altogether.

I'll let the thread simmer for a week, then I'll put it together in a FAQ and sticky it.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:54 PM
RXM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I mentioned in the first post that the thread will be heavily moderated. I've already deleted one useless post from the thread. I think discussion is good, as long as it is focused on the FAQ itself. It something goes too far afield, I'll recommend that the posters take it elsewhere, or if the topic is too controversial, the item be removed from the FAQ altogether.

I'll let the thread simmer for a week, then I'll put it together in a FAQ and sticky it.
Sounds good to me. Again...nice move!

Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Actually my question DID have alot to do with the thread. It was your ridiculas reply that made it go OT

And I don't hate you.

Originally Posted by RXM
Look man...you hate me...and I love you more....so lets just stop this fussin and all this jibber jabber that has nothing to deal with this thread. If you want, you can PM me or even msg me on AIM ($1.99 for first msg and $0.99 thereafter) and we can discuss more about fishes. Fishes do not belong in this thread...they belong in bodies of water.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
RXM
Actually my question DID have alot to do with the thread. It was your ridiculas reply that made it go OT

And I don't hate you.
It sure didn't seem that way Again, PM me and we can talk more about fishes.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll play the game Jeff, I fish for sturgeon, but i don't catch every fish, sometimes I don't catch any

Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Red Card Crew

https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=20

And because I had to explain this the first time, I'll assume this will be misunderstood as it pertains to police not catching every speeder.

So exchange "police not catching every speeder" to "mods not catching every OT post".

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-18-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
There are WAY too many sub forums within this site. The way it was prior to moving posts worked far better. The G35 sedan and G35 coupe owners are two entirely different groups of owners and their questions/interests are usually entire different. Splitting things up to sub forums is a good idea, but this site has taken it to the extreme. There doesn't need to be 6 different forums regarding modifications. It can simply be naturally aspirated and forced induction. Same goes for just about every other sub forum. I've never seen a site so micromanaged. Maxima.org has about 25,000 members and is much larger than this site and that site is far easier to use and find the information you need because they use a lot of stickies embedded into far fewer sub forums.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are the mods now moving everything.