G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Avoided complaing but the site doesn't even load sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I say just extend everyone's subscriptions until we're on a new server.

I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this subscription (Although I thought the sub would give me access to both My350Z/G35Driver, my what a mistake I made.

I don't regret it through. I love the G community and even if this site is not as active/used as My350Z, I still feel like I contributed something to the community.

I just don't understand why the administrator of this website just does not switch over to a new server. I've been in the web development crowd for a while, had my share of websites/portfolios and the second any server gave me any problems I would immediately fix and or change my server. Clientele do not appreciate slow/servers what not, hell I am sure we all don't. I just don't understand why they don't switch over. Are they in some sort of contract with the web host?

Last edited by Lolly Baggins; 05-14-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ Precisely! Who charges for shoddy service/product then charges you again to keep using it?... makes absolutely no sense.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
VBulletin is usually a pretty good host server. I'm on quite a few forums powered by VB, and they all run MUCH more smoothly. Funny that I was just thinking of how I'd like to go premier but I refuse to pay for a website that runs at a crawl. Once again, not aiming my iritation at any of the staff here, more @ the VBulletin staff, even though I'm not 100% sure it's even their fault.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
VBulletin is usually a pretty good host server. I'm on quite a few forums powered by VB, and they all run MUCH more smoothly. Funny that I was just thinking of how I'd like to go premier but I refuse to pay for a website that runs at a crawl. Once again, not aiming my iritation at any of the staff here, more @ the VBulletin staff, even though I'm not 100% sure it's even their fault.

Dude, VBulletin is not a host. VB is just the script they use to run the forums.

I don't blame you but my inner-geek made me ROFL.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
shows what I know about computers rofl right along with you

PS--my point still stands

Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I agree with all you guys. This shlt stopped being cute a while back, at first it was you know whatever yall would go hang out at my350z n kick it. But now it's just to the point of unacceptable. Some of the suggestions you guys are throwing out are dead on, hopefully the appropriate changes will be made.

By the way I've never experienced slowdowns and non loads on my350z, and I do here pretty much every day.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I wasn't asking anyone in here to fix anything... I don't have any reason to believe "it's in your hands"... I'm voicing an opinion... and very valid opinion... like it or not - it is what it is... and I absolutely won’t be renewing.

If anyone is offended by me stating my frustration/opinion, sorry - but if it's out of your control I see no reason for offense... nothing I have stated blames staff... I could understand being offended if it is your fault.

I have been tolerant of issues - but I'm going to voice the frustration... especially when I got an email requiring money!

You guys can spin control all you want – and hide behind the patience motto… but the issues are completely ludicrous.

Just stating my opinion.

Again - if renewal notices were held back until the obvious problems are fixed, I would not be nearly as perturbed.
Like you said, "it is what it is".

No one will make you renew your membership. I am not offended in least about you venting your frustration, so don't think I am. And what exactly is the staff "spinning"? What are we hiding?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Lolly Baggins
I say just extend everyone's subscriptions until we're on a new server.

I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this subscription (Although I thought the sub would give me access to both My350Z/G35Driver, my what a mistake I made.

I don't regret it through. I love the G community and even if this site is not as active/used as My350Z, I still feel like I contributed something to the community.

I just don't understand why the administrator of this website just does not switch over to a new server. I've been in the web development crowd for a while, had my share of websites/portfolios and the second any server gave me any problems I would immediately fix and or change my server. Clientele do not appreciate slow/servers what not, hell I am sure we all don't. I just don't understand why they don't switch over. Are they in some sort of contract with the web host?
Please don't speak about something you know nothing about. You have no idea what has already been done behind the scenes. The server was already changed out some time ago now and that's not the issue.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Please don't speak about something you know nothing about. You have no idea what has already been done behind the scenes. The server was already changed out some time ago now and that's not the issue.
My apologies then. I am not trying to be a *** or an know-it-all. If the servers have been changed, they can be changed again correct?

Please do not take my opinions/suggestions as offensive. I am not trying to be that way.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Like you said, "it is what it is".

No one will make you renew your membership. I am not offended in least about you venting your frustration, so don't think I am. And what exactly is the staff "spinning"? What are we hiding?
After x number of users’ posts there is a staff member that chimes in and says "there's nothing we can do"... "Patience is needed"... "complaining/negative comments won't fix anything"...

My point is -no one ever said a staff member is to blame or can fix anything... patience is wearing thin... and negative comments are to be expected when it's this bad.

So the impression to me is that staffs often try’s to downplay the legitimate concerns and complaints that paying members have...

And I don’t even know you nor do I care if you are or are not offended about me not renewing... I posted my thoughts about how ludicrous it is that I would receive an email for renewal... why would you feel compelled to chime in about that? Did you send the email?...

I have no beef with admins or staff here… but if you/they imply that I my frustration is not warranted, I will continue to validate it… If you concur that it is what it is – just leave it at that… there is no sugar coating this mess. Read the threads (there are others besides this one)… anyone that can not realize there are definite problems here is delusional… and anyone that expects people to sit back and take it in stride isn’t paying or being asked to pay.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
if info was given as to what has happened or is going to happen people would be much more understanding.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 PM
if info was given as to what has happened or is going to happen people would be much more understanding.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Traveling Administrator
After x number of users’ posts there is a staff member that chimes in and says "there's nothing we can do"... "Patience is needed"... "complaining/negative comments won't fix anything"...

My point is -no one ever said a staff member is to blame or can fix anything... patience is wearing thin... and negative comments are to be expected when it's this bad.

So the impression to me is that staffs often try’s to downplay the legitimate concerns and complaints that paying members have...

And I don’t even know you nor do I care if you are or are not offended about me not renewing... I posted my thoughts about how ludicrous it is that I would receive an email for renewal... why would you feel compelled to chime in about that? Did you send the email?...

I have no beef with admins or staff here… but if you/they imply that I my frustration is not warranted, I will continue to validate it… If you concur that it is what it is – just leave it at that… there is no sugar coating this mess. Read the threads (there are others besides this one)… anyone that can not realize there are definite problems here is delusional… and anyone that expects people to sit back and take it in stride isn’t paying or being asked to pay.
Dude, what exactly are your expectations here in this thread?? You've vented your frustrations, I understand them and have responded to you......what else do you want me to say?

If you don't want a staff members to jump and let you know what's going on, why are you even posting? Have I once implied that your frustrations are unwarranted? Nope. I have the SAME frustrations you do since I am an active member just like yourself. I have not once said that the problems don't exist and that members are delusional, and I have also never said that I expect people to sit back any pay for memberships. You are saying these things, not me.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Dude, what exactly are your expectations here in this thread?? You've vented your frustrations, I understand them and have responded to you......what else do you want me to say?

If you don't want a staff members to jump and let you know what's going on, why are you even posting? Have I once implied that your frustrations are unwarranted? Nope. I have the SAME frustrations you do since I am an active member just like yourself. I have not once said that the problems don't exist and that members are delusional, and I have also never said that I expect people to sit back any pay for memberships. You are saying these things, not me.
my point is it's implied by various staff responses... let's not forget what forum we are in "Feedback, Suggestions, Questions"... Consider my posts "Feedback".

The end.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Kyle posted a thread about the server replacement in the Announcement section and various Staff kept members up to date.......what more do you want?

https://g35driver.com/forums/announcements/200995-down-time.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Avoided complaing but the site doesn't even load sometimes