G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Avoided complaing but the site doesn't even load sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Kyle posted a thread about the server replacement in the Announcement section and various Staff kept members up to date.......what more do you want?

https://g35driver.com/forums/announcements/200995-down-time.html
Don't mean to be a *** but what do you think? I am guessing we're asking for another server replacement.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolly Baggins
Don't mean to be a *** but what do you think? I am guessing we're asking for another server replacement.
The plans are to have Driver switched over to IB's servers, and from the last I heard, it is supposed to happen sometime this month.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Kyle posted a thread about the server replacement in the Announcement section and various Staff kept members up to date.......what more do you want?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200995
are you talking about the update 3 months ago?...

And lets be real here... if whatever you are referring to truly was/is something that could help what you are reading, wouldn't it have been much easier to post a link?...

Again – I’m not looking for answers – don’t be so offended that you don’t have any

Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The plans are to have Driver switched over to IB's servers, and from the last I heard, it is supposed to happen sometime this month.
This is what we wanted to hear. Done deal! Now hopefully the new server will be good to go.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 PM
^^^ Exactly... why wouldn’t that be the standard response from staff?... at least we know what to expect... and can tolerate the issues knowing there is a potential resolution...

I'll give it a month and hopefully it will be worth renewing.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am just as fustrated with the hang ups as everyone else has been especially when I am doing stuff on the back end. Trust me I feel your pain (and mine too lol)

One more time from me.... It is not a server issue. The server that Driver is on is four months old. Daul processor/dual core and plently of real estate. It's not the bandwidth either. Got plently of open pipes.

I have posted what I know (news) in other threads so those who are saying nothing has been posted it is because there has been nothing to be told that was concrete in nature. Too many moving parts and people so things were in like a flux, but as of today this is where we are at and I feel will happen finally. Pls don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger lol.

Servers are in the process of being 'built' (the techies will know what I'm talking about) lol. Data Bases and content are scheduled be moved the last week of May. I was told way back that this was going to be done mid May but the last week of May is the latest time frame I have. I didn't ask so I can say for sure but I'll find out if when the data and content are moved if it will be put on the latest version of VB or just moved and then upgraded. Like I said I'll look into that and get back to ya all when I get news on that but things are moving in the right direction finally.

Hope this answered some of your questions.

I think we can stop with the server being slow etc posts. We all know this and no need to re-hash it. IB is aware of the fustrations we have been going through here. I have personally documented times and length of events to them and also the nature of this thread.

We all want what is best for g35Driver and its community, the members.

Neil

Last edited by O NO; 05-14-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks for taking the time to update on progress… IMO it helps users tolerate the problems (me anyway)… I truly believe if this line of communication happened much sooner there would not have been the level of complaints that transpired.

I’ll refrain from further venting now knowing a fix is in the works… however I can’t promise I won’t voice (type) my opinion on the matter if another 2 months pass with no progress… Just being honest here.

Thanks again for the update.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OCG35
Thanks for taking the time to update on progress… IMO it helps users tolerate the problems (me anyway)… I truly believe if this line of communication happened much sooner there would not have been the level of complaints that transpired.

I’ll refrain from further venting now knowing a fix is in the works… however I can’t promise I won’t voice (type) my opinion on the matter if another 2 months pass with no progress… Just being honest here.

Thanks again for the update.
YW

The thing is I HAVE been posting up.

This has been a long time on going issue and several threads have been created about the situation. I can't keep up with all of the threads

I can't control getting the actual work done but I've been pressing and passing on the 411 that I was getting from Kyle and now from IB. I was on Kyle like white on rice about this and often lol.

Compounding all of this is that the IB person that can push the buttons to make this all happen is down under in Austrailia but will be coming state side to the IB office the first week of june.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you mind exposing some of the technical details that you've done to help try to trouble shoot the problem? It's been stated that the issue is not a server or bandwidth issue, but how do you know for sure?

If it's not either of the two, then it has to be a code issue. What's been done there to address potential performance issues?

i'm asking so maybe some of the IT guys here can help w/ the issue. i'm obviously frustrated by it, but I've been around for a few years and just bought a membership so I can deal w/ it.

I aplogize if this has already been addressed, so I'm going to fess up and say I have not read all 5 pages of this thread.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by O NO
I am just as fustrated with the hang ups as everyone else has been especially when I am doing stuff on the back end. Trust me I feel your pain (and mine too lol)

One more time from me.... It is not a server issue. The server that Driver is on is four months old. Daul processor/dual core and plently of real estate. It's not the bandwidth either. Got plently of open pipes.

I have posted what I know (news) in other threads so those who are saying nothing has been posted it is because there has been nothing to be told that was concrete in nature. Too many moving parts and people so things were in like a flux, but as of today this is where we are at and I feel will happen finally. Pls don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger lol.

Servers are in the process of being 'built' (the techies will know what I'm talking about) lol. Data Bases and content are scheduled be moved the last week of May. I was told way back that this was going to be done mid May but the last week of May is the latest time frame I have. I didn't ask so I can say for sure but I'll find out if when the data and content are moved if it will be put on the latest version of VB or just moved and then upgraded. Like I said I'll look into that and get back to ya all when I get news on that but things are moving in the right direction finally.

Hope this answered some of your questions.

I think we can stop with the server being slow etc posts. We all know this and no need to re-hash it. IB is aware of the fustrations we have been going through here. I have personally documented times and length of events to them and also the nature of this thread.

We all want what is best for g35Driver and its community, the members.

Neil
thanks for the update Neil!

I'm sure IB has plenty of technical staff, but going with what Cerr said, if I can lend any technical assistance (I'm a db guy) I'd be more than happy to help. I know you guys are doing all you can, and it is appreciated. The admins/mods here all spend as much time here as we do, so I'm sure you feel our pain.

Can't wait for all the new features and a smoother running 'Driver
~Sam

Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Any updates on what was planed for last week?

It's speed seems to still come and go for me.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1 the site performance does not seem to have improved at all. I've been experiencing severe lag throughout this week, including today.

I'm hoping the move didn't happen ...

Old 06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I hate to be a naysayer... but promises of improvements have been given for months... I don’t see why the recent ones would be any different than previous...

I suppose that statement could lead to pages of back and forth babble... so I'm not going to say anything further other than read early pages of other threads (specifically Kyle’s "announcement" in like February)... the site is riddled with "fix is in the works" replies - going months back.

I've gotten use to going to other sites when this one doesnt load... its to the point now that I can tell within seconds that I should try again in five minutes (I just hate when its 10, 15 or more minutes).

Anyway - solution? I don’t really expect one. If so, I wouldn’t count on a specific ETA... those hopes were killed months ago.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cerr
^ +1 the site performance does not seem to have improved at all. I've been experiencing severe lag throughout this week, including today.

I'm hoping the move didn't happen ...
yeah, past few days have been pretty slow...perhaps they are in the middle of doing all the upgrades.

I still have not lost hope.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:19 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel843
yeah, past few days have been pretty slow...perhaps they are in the middle of doing all the upgrades.

I still have not lost hope.
Kudos, Kernel, and keep the faith.......Apparantly it's a big job and IB is changing the server mid month, so thanks for your and everyone's patience (well almost everyone)....
It's equally frustrating for all of us and I especially feel for those who have shown real support here by purchasing Premier membership.

Kudos especially for your patience......

Better days are ahead everyone, keep the faith.....

Colin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Avoided complaing but the site doesn't even load sometimes