G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Need a my350z mod or someone who knows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff, I think you're missing the point. The mods have said that they will treat others the same, if you were to let them know if other members were abusing their rights as well. Shane was just trying to make a point to them. Again he already knows that he was in the wrong, but he's pointing out that several other members are doing the same, and even SOME have their own threads. He had TWO words in his sig - a tad different, but yet the same.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Dem1K
Jeff, I think you're missing the point. The mods have said that they will treat others the same, if you were to let them know if other members were abusing their rights as well. Shane was just trying to make a point to them. Again he already knows that he was in the wrong, but he's pointing out that several other members are doing the same, and even SOME have their own threads. He had TWO words in his sig - a tad different, but yet the same.
No I understand the point completely. ie.. the "Do you fish?" example. Even though it was reported that others have violated the same rule, it doesn't exempt him from following it. Yes?

If one is trying to expresss a type of bias moderation on the Z forum, breaking the rules yet again and getting permabanned isn't the best way to go about it.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
yeah jeff you still are getting it hahaha, i layed everything out, even in steps the way it all played out.

I DID NOT BREAK THE RULES AGAIN after i was banned for the week!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Red Card Crew

That's not up to me to determine. I was pretty much in your corner until you put back what the mods removed from your sig.

Might the mods be little biased? Sure why not? They are humans not machines. If a member shoved a sig back after I warned and removed it, I'd probably determine that was a permaban from the get go. But I can see both sides. What happens is probably up to your negotiating skills. But FWIW, crying foul on others won't get you unbanned.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
For sure, Im gonna call IB tomorrow and straighten it out!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Sure, that is implied, not stated. But this was before it was known that the mods removed it, warned him and he put it back in. Then he was temp banned.
I didn't realize a mod had removed it until I saw your post.
Any logical person should know to remove it if he knows that's exactly what got him banned in the 1st place but a time frame of 30 min is pretty short still IMHO.
I still think it should be the first thing you would do. Lets just say 30min is too short...how does the staff know he was only on for 30 min? I don't think I've ever seen a place that shows how long a person was logged in for. As far as I know, you were banned, signed on again the next day, and the day after it was still there so you were banned. It seems logical to me.

Let's say the mods removed it AGAIN, he logs in and then proceeds to put it back. Then ban away. More work for the mods? Yes. Over and beyond expectation? Sure. But it would remove any shred of doubt as to why he got perma banned. As it would take a deliberate move against the rules in order to put it back(although this would be the 2nd time).
It's a touch more work but less work than having to come over here from the Z forum and typing in a justitification?
Should they have to remove it themselves to begin with? No. Personally, I don't like the idea of editing a members profile to begin with, I would much rather see them do it themselves. Now, if it was removed (either by staff or the member) and then was added back, I would probably go ahead and remove it. That's not to say all members of the staff would though, nor should they have to.
Originally Posted by ShanesG

-Said Mod basically says he doesn't care

-A few weeks pass and still those service threads are still up so i figure said mod was just being a dick to me cause i hurt his friends feelings

-So i put the 2 words back in my Sig.
This is when you should have talked to an admin, rather than making an assumption it's okay to do something you were explicitly told not to, and IMO- the act of putting it back after it was removed was enough to warrant the ban.

Shane, I've got no issue you. From what I've heard and seen, members are happy with your products and I was glad when you became a sponsor. I was just trying to show the other side of things and why something like this would happen to a member.

I hope you are able to get things cleared up with IB.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
the act of putting it back after it was removed was enough to warrant the ban.
I agree, and i WAS. I got a temp. ban for a week because of it....

I did not have time to check my sig yesterday, i basically only signed on to see if my ban was lifted, and it was. I ten left for the day shortly after and didn't return to the site till this morning to find out i got a permanent ban... THAT is the issue kernal. Trust me, i've already said it 3 or 4 times now, i shouldn't have put it, and i deserved the 1 week ban that i got.
I don't believe in an circumstance that having 2 words in a sig should result in a permanent ban. Sure if i was warned over and over then i understand but i was warned ONCE. And YES ill say it one more time, i was in the wrong for putting it back.
But a Permaban? when i have never violated any other rule, and it wasn't even like i was full on advertising, i had 2 freakin words, no links, no contact number. No excuse but common!!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
SEC > Big 12
I agree, and i WAS. I got a temp. ban for a week because of it....

I did not have time to check my sig yesterday, i basically only signed on to see if my ban was lifted, and it was. I ten left for the day shortly after and didn't return to the site till this morning to find out i got a permanent ban... THAT is the issue kernal. Trust me, i've already said it 3 or 4 times now, i shouldn't have put it, and i deserved the 1 week ban that i got.
I don't believe in an circumstance that having 2 words in a sig should result in a permanent ban. Sure if i was warned over and over then i understand but i was warned ONCE. And YES ill say it one more time, i was in the wrong for putting it back.
But a Permaban? when i have never violated any other rule, and it wasn't even like i was full on advertising, i had 2 freakin words, no links, no contact number. No excuse but common!!
9.) COMMERCIAL/PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
No commercial or promotional materials or links in posts and signatures. Any posts or signatures that can be competition of our sponsors or G35DRIVER.COM, or obvious traffic stealing posts "may" be removed without notice. Understand that we have sponsors paying money for advertising.

19.) ADVERTISING
If you are, or do represent a business, and wish to purchase advertising space on G35DRIVER.COM, please contact SPONSORSHIP@G35DRIVER.COM for rate information. If it is brought to our attention that you are a company or business using the G35DRIVER.COM to promote your business or to sell or distribute products or a retail nature, you will be subject to INSTANT banishment, whether it be through your username, signature, postings, etc. For advertising information click here.
Thats why the ban was handed down, and to be honest if it was manually removed and you added it back that itself could have warranted a permaban.

Anyway, like I said, best of luck getting it all cleared up.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
How many times has he been warned???

http://my350z.com/forum/northern-cal...-expanded.html
it's selective (from what I can tell)... Viet got banned here for a short period for a lapse in payment - he noted the same thing (without pointing to the culprit) - there are several on this site that have been "advertising" for a looonnng time. They aren’t banned.

Personally I wouldn’t go running to staff to tattle tale about someone - so its no biggie to me... but it certainly seems "Selective" here and on my350Z.

I’m certain there will be a select few that chime in with “we cant monitor all” and “that’s’ why we need members to notify us”… How was Shane’s case noticed?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 AM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by OCG35
it's selective (from what I can tell)... Viet got banned here for a short period for a lapse in payment - he noted the same thing (without pointing to the culprit) - there are several on this site that have been "advertising" for a looonnng time. They aren’t banned.
Being temporarily banned for lapses in payment is IB's policy.
Originally Posted by OCG35
Personally I wouldn’t go running to staff to tattle tale about someone - so its no biggie to me... but it certainly seems "Selective" here and on my350Z.

I’m certain there will be a select few that chime in with “we cant monitor all” and “that’s’ why we need members to notify us”… How was Shane’s case noticed?
No one here will be able to answer that last question if you're referring to his ban on my350 since the staff of the two sites (unfortunately) don't really communicate and there are no common members.

An observation- you've made several claims in this section (not just in this thread) about the staff and the site, and it seems the "issues" on this site bother you enough to post here, but you're never willing to report specific incidents or PM someone so it can be corrected because you don't want to be seen as a tattle tale?

Sorry chief, but just saying something along the lines of "there is a problem, go find it" isn't going to work here. This is not a small forum where everyone knows all. You don't need to post every example of every TOU violation or instance of what you're talking about, but give a few specifics. If you're not willing actually give useful information and it's "no biggie" to you, then why post here?

I've said this in other threads, and I'll say it again. If you feel you are being treated unfairly or things are unjust, feel free to contact one of the site administrators which can be seen here. Contact the admin of your choice, but I will tell you that Calvin, InTgr8r, Msedanman, and Garnet Canuck are the most active. If still don't feel your concerns have been adequately addressed, contact one of the IB Admins (as seen on the same link as the admins). Again, feel free to contact the person of your choice, but speedlimit and IB Adrian are probably the most active.

Last edited by kernel; 04-15-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Red Card Crew

He's not doing so good so far:

ShanesG
Banned

User Lists Last Activity: Yesterday 09:10 AM

Old 04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
Being temporarily banned for lapses in payment is IB's policy.
my point was that Viet pointed out the same thing Shane did - that there are several ppl without sponsorship that don’t get banned (temp or perm)... Thus, the purpose of my post "it's selective".

As far as fixing it - It doesn’t bother me... this is a website, it's really no big deal (to me)... I think a bunch of the politics that go on are overblown (just my personal opinion).

I can post my opinion right?

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
I think they're a little more strict on people that are paying sponsors on one of their sites, and not on the others. When you sign up to be a sponsor, they offer you a multiple site package deal (g35driver and my350z for example). If you turn the offer down and decide to sponsor only one site (like I have with g35driver), and then you still go advertise on the other site (my350z) without paying for it, then I can see why they would "selectively" target you. You've turned down the sponsorship option, and are advertising regardless... a blatant violation of the TOU.

There are a number of people on both sites that have constantly abused the TOU. When I started selling things I wasn't a sponsor. I talked to the admins to make sure I wasn't violating anything with the occasional sales, but as soon as sales picked up and became regular I signed up for sponsorship. As a sponsor, I have no issue with people occasionally selling things... but when you're selling the same items over and over, posting your services and products everywhere, and constantly getting warned/having threads deleted... that's a problem, and is very frustrating to those of us that pay monthly.

I have no problem flagging and reporting repeat offenders, and have done so many times in the past. Honestly though, I would rarely see any action taken against the members, and only the most extreme cases would lead to their thread/posts being deleted (never the member being banned).

Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Dem1K
Dude I'm not arguing that he was in the right for having it in his sig? If you're deliberately trying to make a point, you're a little late to the party.
While we're on sig contents.
It is also not for advertising your classified FS items.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a my350z mod or someone who knows