G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

New Market Place format...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Add me also, it sux donkey *****.
OMG that is bad

Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really is THAT bad.

Ha.

Is there any way to make it less broken, aside from manually placing each thread into its proper category? And whos bright idea was this. I would quite like to send them a page long email as to why one should ask questions before shooting.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that the new marketplace layout is really bad. Hard to check it out on my phone or regular computer. Frustrating to say the least. Hope it goes back.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
No one will own up to requesting the change in Marketplace. IB said it wasn't them, so it had to be one of our staff members.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Let's all just randomly point fingers

Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
I blaaaammmme....

Cal

Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Me too

Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
No one will own up to requesting the change in Marketplace. IB said it wasn't them, so it had to be one of our staff members.
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm not sure what all IB v. the staff here has said, but in the interest of being open and honest, I'll say this.
  1. A staff member here saw the "changes" on another IB site (just part 1, where it was the templates w/o the search/section changes)
  2. The other staff reviewed the changes as they currently were on the other site
  3. We (those who read/participated in the discussion at the time) decided to move forward with the changes
  4. Changes had run like we had expected for two months, then last week part 2 (which we were previously unaware of) was implemented

I think what we (at least, myself) had expected is how the forum was a few months ago. Basically, all the sections (vendor, classifieds, canada) all existed as real sections...but to create a new thread, you had to use the template that required you to enter in certain pieces of information. This information was consistent with the current posting rules for the section (e.g. requiring price, location, etc.). This both ensured members got the info they needed in an easy, clear manner and made it easier on the staff since we didn't have to go check for those things.

Now, as best I can recall, there was discussion about how this new template would enhance the searching capability. I remember thinking that it would function similar to the prefixes which were already in place. I don't think any of us realized that the sections we'd had for years were going to go away.

Please continue to post your feedback here, I for one appreciate reading it. I know the staff here are all just as concerned as you guys are about this. After all, we're all members as well and most of us buy/sell things in the classifieds like everyone else.

The real question now is, how do we fix this and ensure things like this don't happen again in the future.

-kernel

Old 07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
SEC > Big 12
oh and one last thing in case it wasn't clear - Robb M is from IB, even though his name isn't in purple.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 AM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by Robb M.
how did you get it to open? When I saw Aeson's post, I searched and found it, but I couldn't open the thread
Originally Posted by Robb M.
It won't go into accessories because it's not created under the marketplace, ergo it doesn't actually have a category tied to it.

That is why I suggested making a new thread.

Do you use IM, if so, PM me your info, and we can try something else, but our timing needs to be precise so that we can revert if necessary.
What if he makes a new thread, then we merge them? Would be be able to get all his old content, and still have it work? That seems like the best solution if possible.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by kernel
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm not sure what all IB v. the staff here has said, but in the interest of being open and honest, I'll say this.
  1. A staff member here saw the "changes" on another IB site (just part 1, where it was the templates w/o the search/section changes)
  2. The other staff reviewed the changes as they currently were on the other site
  3. We (those who read/participated in the discussion at the time) decided to move forward with the changes
  4. Changes had run like we had expected for two months, then last week part 2 (which we were previously unaware of) was implemented

I think what we (at least, myself) had expected is how the forum was a few months ago. Basically, all the sections (vendor, classifieds, canada) all existed as real sections...but to create a new thread, you had to use the template that required you to enter in certain pieces of information. This information was consistent with the current posting rules for the section (e.g. requiring price, location, etc.). This both ensured members got the info they needed in an easy, clear manner and made it easier on the staff since we didn't have to go check for those things.

Now, as best I can recall, there was discussion about how this new template would enhance the searching capability. I remember thinking that it would function similar to the prefixes which were already in place. I don't think any of us realized that the sections we'd had for years were going to go away.

Please continue to post your feedback here, I for one appreciate reading it. I know the staff here are all just as concerned as you guys are about this. After all, we're all members as well and most of us buy/sell things in the classifieds like everyone else.

The real question now is, how do we fix this and ensure things like this don't happen again in the future.

-kernel
Thanks.

I was fine with the "part 1"
Made since to me to help cut down on people not providing enough information, but it still needed a little fine tuning (like making coupe vs sedan obvious/required, and allowing you to go back and change the price for example)

However "part 2" is a complete disaster

Is there no way we can go back to the "part 1" version?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:36 AM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Thanks.

I was fine with the "part 1"
Made since to me to help cut down on people not providing enough information, but it still needed a little fine tuning (like making coupe vs sedan obvious/required, and allowing you to go back and change the price for example)

However "part 2" is a complete disaster

Is there no way we can go back to the "part 1" version?
Not entirely sure yet. There are still some questions that need to be answered and things that need to be clarified. I sure as hell hope we can, or myself and others will be pretty upset and disappointed.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
We should be able to vote and/or be included in some way next time something "New" or "Improved" is contemplated before acting upon it. I mean premier members pay to support and be a part of this website. So I hope our voices can be heard and our requests implemented regarding this issue.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
still very frustrating to use

Old 07-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
holy crap this new layout is fawking horrible, wow. Talk about fail.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Market Place format...