G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

New Market Place format...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
I feel sorry for the team of ppl that implemented it. I can see that it was a lot of work, and even more work to bring it back to how it was before.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Don't you staff members think i'd be more beneficial to have some kind of public vote before changing formats/etc.?? Just seems like a more logical approach than just changing it and hoping for the best. maybe something to ponder about next time a change is being thought about amongst staff members.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
They would need to have an example site to show us what they are proposing.
And unlike the government, G35Driver is not a democracy. They respond to complaints, and the whole idea behind the current marketplace was not only to upgrade, but to resolve some ongoing complaints.
Without an example, they would only have features to tell us about it. And feature wise it sounds great, but they would not be able to mention user friendliness because they simply don't know.

I think the previous format was good with the option to narrow down the results by region "FS: Socal" for example.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't want to search for stuff. I liked the old format i click on engine and all engine stuff popped up. I just check to see if there are any deals or rare items. Now i click on accessories and i get everything from front timing covers to shift ***** to greddy twin tubo kits. How can that all be in the accessory section?

If the parts were at least in the spot where they should be like the old format then the new one would not be so bad. But it seems to be mixed up on where parts are going. No rhyme or reason in any section.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
You should be able to hide or restore the search with a click of the mouse.
Are you saying that the clickable button is not working for you?
If so what browser are you using?
Originally Posted by Robb M.
If for some strange reason you've lost the search pane, please try clearing your g35driver cookies and reload the page.
I am using both Flock and IE. I have never had an issue with this up until a few days ago. I only see the search pane for a split second. There is no viewable pane with the restore arrows. Both Flock and IE are the same outcome. I have cleared all cookies, history, etc and still nothing.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by red35
I don't want to search for stuff. I liked the old format i click on engine and all engine stuff popped up. I just check to see if there are any deals or rare items. Now i click on accessories and i get everything from front timing covers to shift ***** to greddy twin tubo kits. How can that all be in the accessory section?

If the parts were at least in the spot where they should be like the old format then the new one would not be so bad. But it seems to be mixed up on where parts are going. No rhyme or reason in any section.
agreed the staff gave us back the sub forums but everything still shows up when you click on say "wheels & tires"

Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 AM
IB Staff
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
agreed the staff gave us back the sub forums but everything still shows up when you click on say "wheels & tires"
Can you explain this a little bit more please

When I click on 'Wheels' I am only shown threads that relate to tires & wheels.

If you are finding things in 'accessories' that don't belong there, it's more than likely because the person who posted the thread, didn't properly categorize their item, perhaps they missed the field, or it wasn't important to them, which then causes problems like described above...

Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I am using both Flock and IE. I have never had an issue with this up until a few days ago. I only see the search pane for a split second. There is no viewable pane with the restore arrows. Both Flock and IE are the same outcome. I have cleared all cookies, history, etc and still nothing.
PM sent

Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Robb M.
Can you explain this a little bit more please

When I click on 'Wheels' I am only shown threads that relate to tires & wheels.

If you are finding things in 'accessories' that don't belong there, it's more than likely because the person who posted the thread, didn't properly categorize their item, perhaps they missed the field, or it wasn't important to them, which then causes problems like described above...
Robb that might be it, i checked today and all seems to be good.

Thanks,
-Wes

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pythonjosh
They would need to have an example site to show us what they are proposing.
And unlike the government, G35Driver is not a democracy. They respond to complaints, and the whole idea behind the current marketplace was not only to upgrade, but to resolve some ongoing complaints.
Without an example, they would only have features to tell us about it. And feature wise it sounds great, but they would not be able to mention user friendliness because they simply don't know.

I think the previous format was good with the option to narrow down the results by region "FS: Socal" for example.
I asked if we could get access to a true test version of the site before changes are implemented......and apparently there isn't one

Old 07-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marketplace Section updated?

Did they updated this section? Seem pretty wack now...

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome back to the forums....lol

Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestion.....

You could have something like "advanced marketplace" for people who like the new system?

or...have the search field on the very top before all the categories spread out horizontally instead of vertically how it is currently. I personally like the idea of everything / search feature but just make the layout a bit different

or something like that?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Still sucks. kthxnby.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Yeah my premier membership just expired I don't know if it's worth renewing anymore

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Market Place format...