G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Premier Membership Automatic Payment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
tomorrow im going to cancel with paypal so we shall see how that goes

Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I joined another g35 site recently and it did not do this and I also became a payed up member in an FX site quite a while ago and it did not do this.

There is no doubt, this site has it set up so the auto-renewal is automatic. Who is to blame, IB, since it did not do this before when Kyle ran it.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
PayPal just got back to me on my dispute and they pretty much told me to pound sand, in so many words.
Their reply basically stated that it was in my account and I should have been aware of it. The funny thing is the steps they provided to see if I was subscribed as I was... the steps are ridiculous. Nobody would find this without going through it first.

From PayPal:
Through careful research, it has been determined that the correct course of action would be to cancel the active subscription on your account. If you wish to cancel the subscription associated with your PayPal account, you may do so by following the instructions below:
To cancel an Active Subscription:
1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/
2. Click History subtab.
3. Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu.
4. Check the From box and change date back 2 years.
5. Click Search
6. To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation , click Details in the Details column .
7. At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription
8. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again..
If your subscription is a non-recurring subscription, you will see your Subscription Completion already posted and no future payments will be deducted from your PayPal account. If you need a refund from your subscription, please contact the seller of the Subscription. You can also file a buyer complaint if needed. Other items to note regarding subscription payments: - When viewing your subscription details, make sure you are clicking on the transaction that is titled "Subscription Creation" and not a payment transaction. - The scheduled payment will need to be canceled at least one day prior to the scheduled date of the next payment. - Canceling a Subscription on the day of a scheduled payment will not guarantee the payment will not be sent.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
wow still not solved.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
paypal canceled my payment no problems

Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
IB Staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK guys. I have looked into this situation.

Currently, the subscription process on all of our sites is similar to Netflix. If you want to end your status as a contributing member of the site, you can opt to discontinue your subscription by going through PayPal as it has been discussed earlier in this thread.

If you have been improperly charged, like the OP did, we will refund the money as soon as possible. We are not trying to swindle our members out of their money, if you chose to no longer be a member, we will help.

I went through the process of signing up to be a contributing member myself and I can see where some of the confusion is coming from. From your feedback, we are going to change the language on all of our sites to make the details of registration more clear.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to make this easier for you guys, and I'll see what else I can do.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
^ Mark, I think the biggest issue in the eyes of the members is the automatic payment itself. I am not aware of any announcement to members or Staff regarding Premier membership payments being made automatic. This was never the case in the past. IMHO, this change should of been made public so that the members could actually choose if they want the payment to remain automatic or not.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 PM
^^^^Exactly. Tha automatic renewal shocked most of us. We were totally uninformed about it.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
+1... that was my biggest issue.

Still waiting for my refund, btw.
I've decided to stick around a while longer so I spoke to David and I'm waiting for 1 year's worth of moola to be refunded back.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Incidentally, the subscription page here on 'Driver now has this at the very bottom.

Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

I honestly do not recall ever seeing that when i signed up a couple years back.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by soundmike
Incidentally, the subscription page here on 'Driver now has this at the very bottom.

Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

I honestly do not recall ever seeing that when i signed up a couple years back.
Wow, what a bunch of crooks. After my P Membership expires I am definitly not renewing.
Well, IB is here for one thing only, and that is to make money.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
IB Staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
Wow, what a bunch of crooks. After my P Membership expires I am definitly not renewing.
Well, IB is here for one thing only, and that is to make money.
Wow, thanks.

Robb and I have been working hard to try and keep you guys informed of all the decisions made on the site. I haven't even had a chance to change the to the wording yet. That text that is quoted above has been there since whatever change was made.

I understand you guys were caught off guard by not being informed when the change was made.

From what I understand, the change was made so it didn't effect the current users, but when people signed up to renew their membership manually after the change was made, they signed up for the reoccurring membership without realizing that there was a change. This was not our intention.

Like I said, I am going to change the wording so it is more obvious that this is a NetFlix style renewing subscription, rather than one where you have to renew it every time.

AesonVirus- You will get your refund. Your issue has been passed on to accounting and your check will be sent out in the next couple of business days. I am sorry for the delay, the long weekend delayed the process a little.

*Edit* Looks like it will be an electronic refund not a check.

Last edited by IBMark; 07-08-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I realize you and Robb are working hard to correct things, my point is, when the automatic re-billing was posted there, all of the present Premier Members should have been notified of this change as a common courtesy. I have been a Premier Member for years and up until a couple weeks ago I never heard of this, just like I never saw you or Robb post on here until the last little while.

This site has been one of the best sites anywhere, because of it's members and the way it was run it has grown to this size, that is why there are so many members.
Therefore it is very scary to see some of these things happening, such as auto-billing, and losing one of the best classified sections there was, bar none.

Mark I do thank you and Robb if you can maintain what we had in the past. One other thing I want to mention is our G35driver Mods and Admins, we sincerely thank them. They keep all running smoothly.

Wayne

Originally Posted by IBMark
Wow, thanks.

Robb and I have been working hard to try and keep you guys informed of all the decisions made on the site. I haven't even had a chance to change the to the wording yet. That text that is quoted above has been there since whatever change was made.

I understand you guys were caught off guard by not being informed when the change was made.

From what I understand, the change was made so it didn't effect the current users, but when people signed up to renew their membership manually after the change was made, they signed up for the reoccurring membership without realizing that there was a change. This was not our intention.

Like I said, I am going to change the wording so it is more obvious that this is a NetFlix style renewing subscription, rather than one where you have to renew it every time.

AesonVirus- You will get your refund. Your issue has been passed on to accounting and your check will be sent out in the next couple of business days. I am sorry for the delay, the long weekend delayed the process a little.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
IB Staff
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Hey Wayne,

You haven't seen us around, because we're both relatively new here. I've been with IB for a while, but only here on 'driver for some months. That said, we're definitely committed to keeping the site up to the standard you're used to.

I understand your concern over the changes to the subscription model, I don't disagree. That being said, neither Mark, nor myself had control over this aspect, nor did we make any changes in our tenure here. Now that we are here, and have been made aware of the confusing situation, I think it's clear we want to help, and make sure this doesn't occur to anyone else going forward.

I will accept full responsibility for messing up the Classified section, I did consult with the team here, but I did not realize the work, and time which Ian had put into the setup which was in place. That said, we have been continuing the discussion about how to move forward in the mod forum all week.
Ian has come up with a list of changes which he feels will help return it to a state of familiarity to all of you. We intend to work together to implement these changes all at once, so that when they are done, we don't have to make any more adjustments.

Hopefully this is understandable, and acceptable to you all, and we can get things straightened away very soon.

cheers,
robb

Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
^^Thanks for explaining Robb, I do understand.
Good luck with getting a workable Classified section back together. I must admit the old system did need a bit of fine tuning. It seemed like the poor Mods and Admins had to be around all the time to help members follow the posting guidelines.
Wayne

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Premier Membership Automatic Payment