G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

How about the vendors posting prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Yes, so you're saying it's not going to rustle feathers? They undercut everyone... just secretly. It really is an advertised price, I could get a PM then go into the thread and say price is $XX.XX, they just advertised the price...
No, then YOU had just advertised the price...good luck getting a deal from that vendor after pulling that stunt. How would a manufacturer ever know how much a vendor sold a product for? The deal is just that you dont advertise for less that the tell you to...done.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I dunno I'm just seeing it as secret advertising lol

And I don't get deals from vendors, I live in Canada haha. Everything gets jacked up no matter what.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
as sean said, if you have to wait more than 24hours for a response *giving saturdays/sundays as grace period, not a working business day* then you should be shopping at that vendor.

i get back to pm's within the hour like sean and pride myself on my customer service.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim@Grubbs
The vendors are doing you a favor by making the parts you want more easily accessible or even available and offering discounts for car clubs/online forums.
Really you are doing us a favor, hey without us you wouldn't be in business, there are 1000's of vendors out there we can buy from. So if we didn't buy from you, you wouldn't be in business but we would still be getting our parts. Don't ever say you are doing us a favor. And no I won't buy from any the vendors on here, because I get better prices elsewere.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I rarely buy things from vendors anymore anyways. I have been burned too many times from vendors. I would rather pay 10 dollars more for a part and buy it from a reputable company.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Getting a PM from a vendor is not, in any way, the same as advertising the price.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I have never had an issue with any vendor here not returning my PM's or taking too long to respond. I do as a customer like getting a price up front but I understand that the price can vary depending on several factors. Waiting for a PM is expected since I am shopping on the forums. If I wanted an immediate price I could just call them seeing as most vendors have a website/email/phone number in their sig.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by dmarando
Really you are doing us a favor, hey without us you wouldn't be in business, there are 1000's of vendors out there we can buy from. So if we didn't buy from you, you wouldn't be in business but we would still be getting our parts. Don't ever say you are doing us a favor. And no I won't buy from any the vendors on here, because I get better prices elsewere.
seriously?

then why even post this up if youre not going to buy from vendors and you get better prices else where?

as long as Driver has been around no one has had a problem with this except for you.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Actually, I have a problem with it too.
Don't talk about it often, but yeah... I think the whole "PM for pricing" thing is dumb.

Just because a price is posted in a thread, does not mean the vendor can't sell it for less.

All a vendor has to do if they're worried about other vendors under cutting them, is post that they offer "price-matching"
That's how Wal*Mart, Best Buy, and all the other places do it.

Simple example:

---Discounts Available, PM for details!---
Product A - $219.95

*Find it cheaper? We price-match!

Ok, let's say with the above example, the price the vendor would normally sell the item for is $209. That means anyone who sees the item and actually wants to buy it is going to PM them for "special pricing" and that person is going to get a magical $10 off.
But if someone PM's the vendor that they found it elsewhere for cheaper, the vendor has the option to try and match that price.
Also, if the vendor wants to give a "homie hookup" they can.

If it's an item with a MAP, then post the MAP, that's the lowest any other vendors can post anyway.
And if the vendor wants to sell below the MAP, the post prices as "The lowest price we're allowed to advertise" or "MSRP" or "Discounts available" or something to that effect.

My cousin was recently rear-ended in his 350Z and wanted to shop around for rear bumpers that evening with me, I was leaving town tomorrow.
First thing we did was hit up My350Z, just to get thread after thread of "PM for Pricing"
Since neither of us knew the market, we didn't know if these bumpers were $200 or $2000.
Honestly, we weren't even looking for a "bottom line" just a general idea.
He sent out about a dozen PMs, but that wasn't going to do any good until the next day.
It didn't take long before we got fed-up and just went shopping around online at various websites that advertise like normal businesses.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
seriously?

then why even post this up if youre not going to buy from vendors and you get better prices else where?

as long as Driver has been around no one has had a problem with this except for you.

If that's what you think that nobody on all the forums ever had a problem with a vendor. Then I am not even going to waste my time repling to your the posts you put up. Like I said before you are missing the point and have no idea what I am talking about.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
your point is that you're bitching about something that doesn't even affect you since you claim to get your parts cheaper, elsewhere.

cool story bro

Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
IMO, the vendors I have seen (on this site and other forums) seem to be more "in tune" with their products. As opposed to a parts and accessories website, storefront etc which basically stocks their shelves (or for websites-advertises for their manufactures and drop-ships from them) and has limited knowledge of the products they carry. I have inquired via PM on their products prices (with shipping) but also with other questions like: fitment, compatability, additional parts/tools needed etc. It seems to me that these guys are more "model specific" and that's what I'm looking for, especially if I need to know more than just a price. I understand your query and respect it. I also am in favor of getting the best deal possible. Alot of the vendors make custom parts and accessories, and you will not find their stuff stocked on the shelves of Walmart or Target. So, if it's custom parts I'm after, I'll look to the vendors to supply it, because again, IMO they are the experts at it.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Johnnys_Beast_Foo
your point is that you're bitching about something that doesn't even affect you since you claim to get your parts cheaper, elsewhere.

cool story bro
No I done bitching as you call it, I done with the thread, for you guys that understood and feel the same way as me I say good luck.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Regardless, I am pretty sure the vendors on this forum will still continue to function and do business like they always have.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^As am I.

I don't like it. But they're not going to change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about the vendors posting prices