G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

How about the vendors posting prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the vendors posting prices

Everyone that is selling something in the private section posts the price, why can't the vendors post prices. Why do you have to put a post in their thread requesting a price then wait for them to PM you. Can't they just post the price so the thread doesn't become a 100 pages long and make it easier for everyone to decide if they want to buy the item. I mean it is a for sale section so thier should be prices.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
As much as I agree with the ease of this, but the vendors here give us solid pricing on the day we ask for it.

Pricing for a lot of products can change quickly, especially dealing with Japanese parts.

But yea, I'd rather see a rough price than no price at all.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
If you were in the competitive sales market, you would understand.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Everyone on here seems to undercut everyone else anyways as long as you tell them you found it for less elsewhere.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
If you were in the competitive sales market, you would understand.
Really then why is it only on the forums prices aren't listed, every website you goto that sells auto parts has prices. That's a BS excuse

Old 02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree it is a p.i.t.a,having to wait up to a couple of days to get a pm back. We understand that its a competitive market but u dont see walmart or target not posting up their prices online.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
all the other car forums that i belong to post prices. **** a couple of them even give **** away for free every once in a while. but thats besides the point

Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I rather see a price on the thread, but I understand what Sean is saying. They are in the business of making money and sometimes make more money on some deals because we don't shop around and buy at the first quote. Some other buyers get quote from several vendors and get a better deal thus decreasing the profit the vendors make. If you have patience and get several qoutes then negotiate this way can be an advantage to us buyers.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo
all the other car forums that i belong to post prices. **** a couple of them even give **** away for free every once in a while. but thats besides the point

^^^ Agree. Pretty much every other forum the vendor will atleast post a general price, then random post when they are running "specials" ect. It is crap to send a PM to every vedor and wait days for them to get back or in some cases weeks.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
i dont think i have ever even bought anything off of a vender on here mainly because i dont feel like i should have to go out of my way to send them a message and wait for them to reply. i should be able to go, oh hey this vender is selling r40 lugs, i wonder for how much. open the thread and bam see a price. which would tell me right then. i cant afford r40 lugs or cool imma buy these.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Everyone on here seems to undercut everyone else anyways as long as you tell them you found it for less elsewhere.
This is true, but most manufactures have pricing policies which dont allow vendors to post rock-bottom prices so it is up to the vendor to negotiate private sales on a case-by-case scenario.

Originally Posted by dmarando
Really then why is it only on the forums prices aren't listed, every website you goto that sells auto parts has prices. That's a BS excuse
Because on a specific vendor website, they have a captive audience. On a forum, it just turns into a bloodbath of price bashing. It's not a BS excuse, it's just a truth about the industry. I stick with my original assumption that you are not in sales yourself. I'm not trying to insult you, just making an observation.

Originally Posted by ektor_x3
I agree it is a p.i.t.a,having to wait up to a couple of days to get a pm back. We understand that its a competitive market but u dont see walmart or target not posting up their prices online.
If you have to wait "a couple days" for a response, you are dealing with the wrong vendors. I respond to all inquiries within an hour as long as I have internet access.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
If you have to wait "a couple days" for a response, you are dealing with the wrong vendors. I respond to all inquiries within an hour as long as I have internet access.
Lets test this out, you got PM Sean...lol

Old 02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
This is true, but most manufactures have pricing policies which dont allow vendors to post rock-bottom prices so it is up to the vendor to negotiate private sales on a case-by-case scenario.

Because on a specific vendor website, they have a captive audience. On a forum, it just turns into a bloodbath of price bashing. It's not a BS excuse, it's just a truth about the industry. I stick with my original assumption that you are not in sales yourself. I'm not trying to insult you, just making an observation.

No I am not in sales myself and really have no desire to ever be in sales, but I will tell you this you are losing allot of customers because there are allot like myself that if they don't see a price will just move onto the next vendor that has a price and buy from them. If I am looking for a car in the paper or online and the dealer says "call for price" I just move on to the next dealer and never pay the first one a second look as allot of us do with you vendors. I understand that it's a competitive market, but truthfully I think if you are an honest vendor and post good prices on the forum you would get allot more customers therefore get more business, just my opinion.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
just my 2 cents...

if i m looking to buy something big or expensive such as coilovers or wheels i ll take a couple days and shoot some PMs out or even go as far as call and talk to the different vendors to get the absolute best price i can.

i cant ever see myself suddenly wanting something that expensive and just going to a couple threads and seeing some prices and just dropping money like that.

i would rather call or wait for a PM and save a couple hundred $$$ than buy something just because it more accessible

Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by dmarando
No I am not in sales myself and really have no desire to ever be in sales, but I will tell you this you are losing allot of customers because there are allot like myself that if they don't see a price will just move onto the next vendor that has a price and buy from them. If I am looking for a car in the paper or online and the dealer says "call for price" I just move on to the next dealer and never pay the first one a second look as allot of us do with you vendors. I understand that it's a competitive market, but truthfully I think if you are an honest vendor and post good prices on the forum you would get allot more customers therefore get more business, just my opinion.
There are not to many vendors in this forum that do what Seand does and the few that do also don't post price. If you want a product and no vendor post price, how do you go about getting it?

I am not trying to start any problems just pointing out some things we the buyers have no control off. Like I said before I rather see the price too, but trust me you can play this in your favor, if you have patience.

Is like doing your homework before going to the dealer and then negotiating a price and telling the current dealer that the dealer accross town has the vehicle for a better price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about the vendors posting prices