G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

How about the vendors posting prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Simple example:

---Discounts Available, PM for details!---
Product A - $219.95

*Find it cheaper? We price-match!
This is a good idea, it gives a ballpark figure. Lets see if i can use my MBA to use here. I think i might have a solution to the manufacturer dilemma that will also bring more profit to the website.

What if the vendors posted something like the above in the Private section of the website that requires membership? This would give more incentive for people to buy memberships and manufacturers would not be able to check up their product pricing.

I think that another feature should be that premium members could get more of a discount for their parts from vendors than non-premium members. Even if its $5 less per part, it would add up over several purchases and allow the premium member to get their membership money back though purchases. This would also create more value for premium memberships.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
This is a good idea, it gives a ballpark figure. Lets see if i can use my MBA to use here. I think i might have a solution to the manufacturer dilemma that will also bring more profit to the website.

What if the vendors posted something like the above in the Private section of the website that requires membership? This would give more incentive for people to buy memberships and manufacturers would not be able to check up their product pricing.

I think that another feature should be that premium members could get more of a discount for their parts from vendors than non-premium members. Even if its $5 less per part, it would add up over several purchases and allow the premium member to get their membership money back though purchases. This would also create more value for premium memberships.
I like...

Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust

Makes sense to me! But what do I know, I'm only a consumer

Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
That sounds fair to me.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmarando
Really you are doing us a favor, hey without us you wouldn't be in business, there are 1000's of vendors out there we can buy from. So if we didn't buy from you, you wouldn't be in business but we would still be getting our parts. Don't ever say you are doing us a favor. And no I won't buy from any the vendors on here, because I get better prices elsewere.
Actually, the majority of just about every dealers parts profits come from body shops. In fact, most dealers don't even sell parts online. I am, in fact, providing a service that isn't necessarily available everywhere. That, my friend, is doing a favor.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not trying to be rude or anything, but you guys are seriously overestimating how much business comes from this website.
Also, it would be impossible to have all of the parts listed on here for everyone to just peruse and find prices for.
This is the reason I post a link to our website in my signature.....and I've informed everyone time and time again that we give 25% off of parts purchases on there.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I wouldn't call it a favor....

If you did it for free and zero mark up I would call it a favor, I'm not disagreeing but there has to be a better word for it lol

You're being generous to G35 owners maybe?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is a true story. theres a shop in socal that had/has a account with beaks and megan racing.

the shop was undercutting other shops. and selling the items way below retail. beaks and megan found out, i believe are currently sueing or either dropping their accounts.

i was told the same shop sold a VIS spoon hard top (s2000) for $600.

so it makes sense when vendors are PMing prices.