G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Premier Membership-Value??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't think the money is an issue for really anyone on this forum. i just think most of the guys want something for nothing and are the kind of guys you drive by and wave, but they look away like they are better than you. i love the site. im on here between 2 and 4 hours a day, what else would i do at work... work? thanks for the awsome site.
jon

Old 02-25-2005, 12:47 AM
With this implimented I just see alot of the newer people just moving on to the z boards or other g spots. As I also veiw the is300 spots and the club lexus still ( all free btw and there ls's are 60k and up).
Look at my3fiftyz 43300 members not a dime is paid to the board and you can still get most of the same stuff DIY GB and classifieds. I have ran several website and I know bandwith, time and programming all costs something. But look in the car community how many sites charge their members to look in the forums. Just some food for thought. Most of the ppl that are here now are here to stay but I know I can get used parts and GB elsewhere too.

Last edited by smokeator; 02-25-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Fun Facts from the Administration Statistics Panel

Daily user logins on this board have increased 20% since we implemented Premier Memberships. We've also seen a 10% increase in the average of new posts daily, and have had steadily increasing growth-rates of new members. This time last month, we had 25 people a day signing up. In the last three days, we've had 60, 63, and 75 respectively. I haven't seen anyone leave yet, but when people have posted issues, we've tried to address them.

You can still participate in independant group buys, you still have access to the DIY section, and you can still peruse the Classifieds. The Classifieds section was privatized for the well-being of our users. It creates accountability on the sellers' parts. If I had a penny for every time I heard "I got ripped off" from a member, I'd be able to float this site for another 10 years.

You mentioned that bandwidth, time, and programming all cost, but failed to mention how we should alleviate that. You just pointed out that others don't charge. If you've got a better idea, please share. We like constructive feedback

G

Last edited by GeoBau; 02-25-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Mooser
The membership fee is not a big deal to me. My objective was to benefit Kyle for all of his efforts on G35Driver. I appreciate all that he has accomplished, and I'm grateful that I could contribute.
^^Word!^^

Old 02-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
Originally Posted by smokeator
But look in the car community how many sites charge their members to look in the forums.
the premier forums are pretty new and aren't as developed as the regular forums, but that is being worked on. so basically, you aren't being charged to view the more important and g35-centric threads that you are accustomed to.

i don't know why there is such an issue with the membership fee. if it's that big a deal to you, then just don't pay it. but, some reasons why you should seriously consider the membership are:

1. support the site - 99% of the people come here mainly for car help and questions. 1% trolls. it's time to give back in one way or another.
2. discounts and/or free shipping for g35 stuff
3. classifieds - if you want to focus your sales on g35 people
4. arranged group buys - this does not stop you from doing it on your own, so regular members are still welcome to participate in their own self-coordinated group buys, but premier GBs will be coordinated by the site.
5. you are a total forum junkie and care about how your username looks, having an avatar, a larger private messaging load, etc.

this site is probably the largest g35 community on the net and nearly everything, except for the things listed above, is still free.

Last edited by g35girl; 02-25-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:29 PM
i dont think the price is unfair or high. i am glad to give back to the site in return for the info that i receive here.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was on the fence as to to doing premeir, but the discounted rate got me thinking more about it. Certainly this forum has provided me with $30 of entertainment and education, even savings on parts by reference. And then I saw there was an option for Sport Z magazine for just a few bucks more.

SOLD...

Last edited by nate; 02-26-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smokeator
With this implimented I just see alot of the newer people just moving on to the z boards or other g spots...
One other thing, I never felt anything was taken away from me due to this change. Premier just gives you more - for me it was the magazine and giving back.

I run a number of websites and sponsers may pay for the bandwidth, servers, etc, but there still is the time factor. As long as the price is fair, I have no problem if they even make a profit. Volunteer efforts tend to drift away when the time or costs get to high. I like what we have here and am willing to help out to prevent that from happening.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:30 PM
kei
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello all! New here comin from G20.net as I currently own a 2000 G20 and hoping to get a 05 G35 within the month.

The forums at g20.net is 24USD for sponsor status and we have half the number of people but more than triple the activity and I still think it's still a pretty small group. I haven't been around long enough here yet so I am not too sure of what the acutal benifits are to becoming a Premier Member but why complain? If you think it's too much, just don't pay.

The reason most people pay for these subscriptions is to support the site. I subcribed to g20.net for the fact that it helped me alot with the information it had which saved me alot of time and money. Also, everyone on the boards is friendly and help out alot.

Hoping I get my G35 and becoming a Premier Member soon!

Kei

Old 03-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I dont mind paying to sponsor a site especially if its one which I am very much a part of and active in. I have answered hundreds of newbie questions and even performed a DIY which i posted in the DIY section. However my only problem comes about once the premier status gets translated into the entire site being a 'pay only' site. I believe information is something that should be free, which is why I post pictures, answers, questions for others to see without expecting anything in return. IMO I think $20-25 for membership is reasonable. I have been on the internet since it first 'blew up' and I can tell you first hand that almost every 'pay only' site that you see now at one point was free. Then slowly one by one they began charging for certain 'rights' or 'privileges' on the site, and eventually the entire site became 'pay only'. I spend 4 hours a day on this site just reading posts, answering questions etc and like the fact that I have access to a wealth of information without having to pay. I hope it does not come to that, but history has a way of repeating itself.

Last edited by pdjafari; 03-01-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I can tell you right off the bat, there's no way we're going to pay-only. This site was started, and is run as a public service to all those who share our interests. Besides, if it's readily available information, what market would me be pursuing?

We're VERY thankful for your contributions, btw. Great work!

G

Old 03-01-2005, 10:23 PM
It's a great site to learn and get some laughs. I log on daily, for .08-cents a day its a bargain. These people do a great job running the site and they deserve our support.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Let me start of by also saying I spend a descent amount of time here as others...
hopefully you guys don't take this the wrong way...I know It takes a good amount of $$$ to keep a site like this running and that $30 is actually reasonable. The one point that many people are most likely looking at is that $30+ seems almost like a bill (which we all hate bills).......at $20 it seems more like pocket change and more people I beleive would be willing to pay that... feels more like making a donation (feeding the children or something) if that makes any sense.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:44 AM
IMO, the promotional fee should be $19.99 which later jumps to $29.99. Those are extremely reasonable prices imo for what you get here. If the price jumps up to $40 or $50 in the future, I'm not sure i'd become a premier member again.