G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Premier Membership-Value??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Question Premier Membership-Value??

I would like to begin this thread by stating this is the best G35 Site around and I commend Kyle and the Admins and the Mods for such an excellent and well maintained site.

BUT, I am somewhat dissapointed in the rates that Kyle has posted to support the site. I don't mind paying $20 US ($25 Can) for site support, but at $29.95 US ($37 Can) and then rising to $49.95 US ($62 Can) is a bit extreme.
As to what you get with the Premier Membership all I really want is a continuation of a great site and moderation with access to pics an DIYs. Here is what you get with the fees with my opinions:

Premier Members get extended use of the site. -This is good.
Premier Plaque below User Title -Does not matter to me.
User name Highlighted in BOLD -Does not matter to me
Access to the Premier Members Forums -this is good
Ability to add Avatar -Does not matter to me.
Ability to add Profile Picture -Does not matter to me.
Ability to post and reply in the Classified Section -This is good
Ability to change User Title-Does not matter to me
Unlimited Space for Message Attachments -This is good.
Private Messaging (Maximum Stored Messages limit raised to 250) -This is good
Photo Gallery (20megs of space)-This is good.
Optional inclusion in monthly Raffles/Giveaways -Does not matter to me.
G35Driver.com License Plate Frame -I would not use this, it would be better to have a choice like either a G35driver hat or frame for example, or just g35driver decals.
Exclusive Website Articles How To's, Featured Rides, Event Coverage and more.. -This is good.
Possible Selection as Car of the Month -Does not matter to me
Special Discounts from website Sponsors-This is good.
Improve your G35Driver.com Experience become a Premier Member today.

Yearly $49.95 Limited Introductory Rate $29.95 HURRY OFFER EXPIRES SOON!!

Premier membership helps offset time and costs associated with improvements, enhancements, maintenance and hosting of the G35Driver website.

I want to mention that I am sending in my Membership fee, but I probably will not again especially if the prices go to $62 Canadian ($49.95 US).

What are your opinions out there. Thanks for listening.

Wayne

Old 02-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, most of the extras I have no use for and it seems a little pricey for the features I do use....one other note, I see you have to be a PM to take part in group buys (lip spoiler with everythingG35). If I was a site sponser I could see where the limited group of PM's would probably affect future GB's.

max

Old 02-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that it costs way too much. I don't know how much it costs to run a website, but there are plenty of vendors who sponsors this site. Why does it have to cost so much when other forums do it for free and just accept donations? Plus, by driving to cost down to about $10, I guaruntee that more people will buy the premier membership, bringing in more money in the end. Right now I don't know if I want to pay $29.95 for premier membership when other forums offer just about same features for FREE.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Plus, by restricting the marketplace, it is FROZEN UP. Nobody is posting any items for sale right now because not many people bought the premier membership. I find this very frustrating since it will continue that way for a while until enough people has paid up and got the premier membership. It has become very hard for me to find used parts every since this started.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rookie84
Plus, by restricting the marketplace, it is FROZEN UP. Nobody is posting any items for sale right now because not many people bought the premier membership. I find this very frustrating since it will continue that way for a while until enough people has paid up and got the premier membership. It has become very hard for me to find used parts every since this started.
Read this on the classifieds
https://g35driver.com/forums/announc...nouncementid=9

I agree that it costs way too much. I don't know how much it costs to run a website, but there are plenty of vendors who sponsors this site. Why does it have to cost so much when other forums do it for free and just accept donations? Plus, by driving to cost down to about $10, I guaruntee that more people will buy the premier membership, bringing in more money in the end. Right now I don't know if I want to pay $29.95 for premier membership when other forums offer just about same features for FREE.
Why does it cost so much for gas?
Vendors who sponsor the site do help out, but by no means does that money pay for everything. Hours upon hours working on various things for the site, constantly finding ways to improve it, responding to email, keeping the server up to date, etc etc. This is work done by a few people, and none of them are compensate. Most people dont see that. You're right that some other forums do the stuff for free. Most of those sites, however, are either over ran with too many banners, have little or no traffic, or the guy running it has no life or family. Spending your entire day on upkeep costs you a LOT in opportunity cost.

Running a site like this is a full time job it didnt start out that way but it has turned into it; there are more sides to it you see. I came from the parts business, and promoted a lot through the websites. A ton of websites are over run with sponsors making overall value for the vendor almost zero. After a few quarters of bad returns, they jump ship. This just means more rotations through more sponsors. No quality relationships are ever built. Other sites are also non-model specific. They cater to Nissans, Infinitis, or both. The amount of sponsors availble without overlapping (several sponsors selling the exact same parts) is wide. With such a specific focus for our site, we don't have that luxury.

Premier membership is still new and we are still looking to improve it. What is offered may not be benificial to all, but it is for some. To me, its more or less a way for people to show their support of the site and the people that run it. We're not focusing on every single member, rather a small segment who can afford to, and are willing to help keep us up and running.

If we lowered the price we could probably get more people to sign up, but there was never any intention of getting everyone to sign up for it. If we did lower it to $10, we (based upon our surveys) would not get even 3x the amount of people signing up. That means that the price would be lower, but our gross would also be lower. There are many people who will never pay, no matter what, and those people make up the majority of users on the internet. The people that like the site that want to support it and the people that like what premier has to offer.

We ran a survey on the site (180 people that visit here participated) pricing was based off what people said in the survey. This has been calculated to maximize our ability to pay for the site and services, NOT to maximize the number of users. I'm sorry of the pricing is out of your range, but it was not our intent to be able to meet everyone's value point.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Change entails small, measured steps. We're trying to build up a base to use the new features, however we won't be able to DO that until we actually create the restrictions that make the distinctions.

In the long run, between the marketplace, vendor discounts, etc. it'll actually end up SAVING you money over the course of a year to have a Premier Membership if you buy parts/upgrades. Until we start to prove that value, it won't take off.

I know you don't see 1/10th of what goes on behind the scenes of this site, but suffice it to say Kyle is spending 8+ hours a day working on this. And up until now, it's been paid for out of his pocket. I oft do things out of the kindness of my heart, but when it comes to running a site like this for 3 years at a net loss, and having all of that lost opportunity of the time I spent, I'd start seeing if I could find a way to break even.

G

Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
sorry to get off topic but when do I become a Premier Member? I paid yesterday and im still showing as a regular member.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Still too much $$$

Old 02-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by nismoGcoupe
sorry to get off topic but when do I become a Premier Member? I paid yesterday and im still showing as a regular member.
nismoGcoupe
That is strange nismo cause when I bit the bullet yesterday and joined, it happened almost immeadiately. Did you go to User cp and click paid subscription, after I clicked there it showed I was a member. Then if you want the Premier Member Banner below your name you must go to User cp and click on Group Memberships, then you change what you want it to be yourself by making the selection there.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
IMHO I'd would donate 30 usd to the site rather than paying $ for a "membership"... In a nut shell... I know that it takes money and time (one in the same) to keep this all afloat; however, I think its better for people to contribute to a site rather then paying for a service...because some people such as myself feel as if they don't become a paying member...we will be excluded from perks and knowledge offered from the site... I respect what is being done here...just not to impressed the way you guys want to be compinsated for it....

Old 02-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
nismoGcoupe
That is strange nismo cause when I bit the bullet yesterday and joined, it happened almost immeadiately. Did you go to User cp and click paid subscription, after I clicked there it showed I was a member. Then if you want the Premier Member Banner below your name you must go to User cp and click on Group Memberships, then you change what you want it to be yourself by making the selection there.
As soon as I paid I got access to more forums but I still didnt have Premier Member under my name wasnt sure if I had to do something else, I guess a Mod did it for me its showing now.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Premier Member

I did it for you but I made a quick post for how members can select it themselves
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...669#post453669

Old 02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
i agree in that i would donate to the site, but paying 30$ and possible 50$ is WAY too much. i wouldnt use most of that useless stuff either. the only thing i will miss is posting in the classifieds.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tig488
i agree in that i would donate to the site, but paying 30$ and possible 50$ is WAY too much. i wouldnt use most of that useless stuff either. the only thing i will miss is posting in the classifieds.
well by becoming a premier member in essence you are donating to the site yet in turn your also getting something back.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by GodZilla
well by becoming a premier member in essence you are donating to the site yet in turn your also getting something back.
Hopefully things work out real well and you will be able to keep the fees down to $29.95 US ($37.79 Canadian) per year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Premier Membership-Value??