G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

2008 G35c Release Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Switch
They announced a long time ago that the new G35 would have significantly more Hp, (+30-60 hp). Not sure why they would have a non-sport version on a car that is clearly a true 'luxury sports car'.
I guess I should rephrase my last statement. My point was that there might be two engine choices on the new G coupe. The 3.5L and the 3.7L. The 3.5L will have the same 306hp as the sedan but probably won't be any less sporty than the 3.7L model. The 3.5L will probably have the AWD option (or the non-sport, if you will), if they decide to go through with that on the coupe. The 3.7L will have 330+ hp and compete directly with the 335i and price will increase (not to 335i levels) some I'm sure.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by clokwork
I wouldnt consider the G any of the above stated. Its a Sporty Coupe to me. It has aggressive power, but even with the 'sport tuned' suspension, it still wouldnt be a race car in my mind.
I agree that's the best description- sport coupe. That's exactly what Infiniti calls it.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
I guess I should rephrase my last statement. My point was that there might be two engine choices on the new G coupe. The 3.5L and the 3.7L. The 3.5L will have the same 306hp as the sedan but probably won't be any less sporty than the 3.7L model. The 3.5L will probably have the AWD option (or the non-sport, if you will), if they decide to go through with that on the coupe. The 3.7L will have 330+ hp and compete directly with the 335i and price will increase (not to 335i levels) some I'm sure.
Are you completely just talking out of your anus, or has some insight told you that they 1) have a 3.7L engine 2) will offer AWD on the coupe or 3) will offer TWO variants in the coupe???

Sounds like you're just throwing some wishful thinking back at us. But I hope you're right.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
N50
Originally Posted by wyatthanson
Are you completely just talking out of your anus, or has some insight told you that they 1) have a 3.7L engine 2) will offer AWD on the coupe or 3) will offer TWO variants in the coupe???

Sounds like you're just throwing some wishful thinking back at us. But I hope you're right.

Notice I used words like "might", "if", and "probably" No, of course I don't have any solid information.

Also, I've never said, "The dealer told me..", "my friend's dad's friend told me..."

AWD for the coupe has been a rumor that has been kicked around for awhile. As far as engine displacement, who knows. We'll wait until April.

Last edited by N50; 02-02-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Z2G
I think the bottom line is that it's coming from a dealer's salesperson or manager. Now, how many times have ppl reported "news" on this forum about future Infiniti plans from their dealer and it turned out to be totally wrong? The answer is like a thousand times or almost every single time. So, why are we even talking about it still?

I'll stick with the notion that most ppl on this forum actually know more about Nissan, Infiniti, and its cars than most Nissan/Infiniti salesppl out there.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Switch
They announced a long time ago that the new G35 would have significantly more Hp, (+30-60 hp).
Link please.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by wyatthanson

Whoa, down boy.

Most of the information you're looking for is right here in this '08 forum.

Have a read here

1. http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/september06/vq35hr/
There is another motortrend article more definitive but I couldn't find the link easily.

2. I have been told by a reliable source myself AWD will be an option. That's coming from my mouth but if you want to call it my *** that's ok with me.

3. that's only conjecture on everyones part when considering the 3.7 is expected to be a limited production motor so no doubt the 3.5 will be offered as well.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Link please.
Don't hold your breath.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
dont count on the show chicks to know any details

A lot of time the show models know less about the costs, timing, and release dates, they read from scripts and look great, but they know nothing more then they were told. I am betting the NYC show will be a great look at the new model, and a bunch of specs may be released in the press for the configurations, but timing will still be a loosley stated ' in the very near future'.

Dealers I haave spoken to here in CT and in Chicago in the last 2 weeks, including yesterday in New Haven, still have no clue when to expect to see the 6MT sedan, let alone the coupe.

And what if the price did jump to 38? You may see nice lease prices on the new 335s, but you cant touch that car for under 44, so if the new G coupe could hang with it in the 1/4 mile and come off the line just as fast, it is still the cheaper car even at 40k.

I drove the 335, it is fast but boring on the outside, so I am waiting to compare. I bet they will end up close in performance, but the G will still be the better value. The chicago dealer is saying the same thing other people have said, about 330 in HP, june to august arrivial.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
If its going to cost 38k, I'm not buying it... especially if thats the base price... no longer a "bargain" IMO. Might as well get the 335i at that price.
I agree. When you're close to approaching 40k in this segment, time to look elsewhere. I too am not going to believe this info until we get real info from Infiniti. Based on the pricing strategy of the 07 sedan, I wouldn't expect that big a price increase.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by N50
If you believe Infiniti will follow Lexus then this may be true. What he's saying is pretty much what Lexus did with the new IS. Smaller 2.5 engine on the IS250, but with an AWD option. Larger 3.5 option on the IS350, but no AWD. If they are gonna follow Lexus, let's hope they have a MT for the larger engine.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 AM
N50
Originally Posted by FamousG
If you believe Infiniti will follow Lexus then this may be true. What he's saying is pretty much what Lexus did with the new IS. Smaller 2.5 engine on the IS250, but with an AWD option. Larger 3.5 option on the IS350, but no AWD. If they are gonna follow Lexus, let's hope they have a MT for the larger engine.
Acutally I was thinking they might follow the BMW model. 328i, 328xi, and 335i. Infiniti might counter with G35 Coupe, G35x Coupe, and G37 Coupe. Then maybe a G37 Sedan might follow in a couple of years. Just a thought and it probably won't happen. More than likely I'm wrong but that's okay, its just a guess. I do think an AWD coupe will be offered regardless of displacement (at least I really hope so because I'd be in the market for it).

Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by N50
Acutally I was thinking they might follow the BMW model. 328i, 328xi, and 335i. Infiniti might counter with G35 Coupe, G35x Coupe, and G37 Coupe. Then maybe a G37 Sedan might follow in a couple of years. Just a thought and it probably won't happen. More than likely I'm wrong but that's okay, its just a guess. I do think an AWD coupe will be offered regardless of displacement (at least I really hope so because I'd be in the market for it).
AWD- I am near certain it will. Based on that assumption two questions are: availablity with MT and possible engine option? I would be disappointed if there is two engine choices available and the AWD is only available with the smaller one and/or with AT.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by FamousG
It doesn't seem very cost effective to have multiple engine choices and drive trains for a coupe- the model that Infiniti sells the least of. The Infiniti dealership that is near my home got 5 coupes in this spring and 4 of them are still sitting there, with prices slashed drastically to unload them. I was told by the sales manager at that dealership (who happens to be a friend from college) that the coupe is not a huge seller- because it is a 2 door. If Infiniti does decide to go with multiple engine options and AWD options, good luck finding one loaded how you want it on a dealer's lot- they will only have a couple on the lot- one of each model. Who knows- we'll see what happens this summer. That will give me more time to pay down my Solara to trade it in for a new coupe.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by abs220
It doesn't seem very cost effective to have multiple engine choices and drive trains for a coupe- the model that Infiniti sells the least of. The Infiniti dealership that is near my home got 5 coupes in this spring and 4 of them are still sitting there, with prices slashed drastically to unload them. I was told by the sales manager at that dealership (who happens to be a friend from college) that the coupe is not a huge seller- because it is a 2 door. If Infiniti does decide to go with multiple engine options and AWD options, good luck finding one loaded how you want it on a dealer's lot- they will only have a couple on the lot- one of each model. Who knows- we'll see what happens this summer. That will give me more time to pay down my Solara to trade it in for a new coupe.
Are you kidding? The majority of Inifiniti's sales are from the G35 Coupe. It's the car that turned Infiniti around and made them a competitor in the luxury market. Before that, the luxury segment was lacking in the $30-35k sports department. Maybe where you're from it's different, but here in CA, where the auto sales market gets the most impact, the G35 Coupe has a dominant presence.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 G35c Release Update