G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great pix.. but i still do not like the back of the G37. it looks so much like a Toyota solora.. the front is nice except the bumper... i think the none sport bumper is alot hotter! the rear..not sure what it is.. either too high, too round, .. or just too ugly :/ maybe it will grow on me. who knows, but nothing is as sexy as the rear of a g35.. the interior is great, just like the sedan. hopefully the car in another coloar would be look better.. do i hear .. IP? man, i can't wait.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Thumbs up For those who didn't notice

Just pointing this out for those who didn't notice... G37 apparently will be equipped with a compact flash memory card reader, i highlighted the port in the picture below, interesting concept as not many manufacturers have incorporated such a thing

Attached Thumbnails See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9-g37-interior-edited.jpg  
Old 06-12-2007, 10:42 PM
but besides that the G37 is becoming evermore promising each day! good-bye 335i and hello Ivory Pearl G37

Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by RacerB355
but besides that the G37 is becoming evermore promising each day! good-bye 335i and hello Ivory Pearl G37

are you dead serious with this??

I own an 06 6mt g35 coupe, and I'm about to trade her in for a 335i coupe...that 335i is a great car

Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by AAClaire420
are you dead serious with this??

I own an 06 6mt g35 coupe, and I'm about to trade her in for a 335i coupe...that 335i is a great car
Thanks for your opinion, but so is the G37 for a lot less money.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Guys, I dropped by a local Nissan dealership to check out the new Altima Hybrid and behold there was a brand new Altima Coupe parked out front being detailed. After seeing the G37 Coupe in person last weekend and the Altima Coupe this afternoon, I've came to a pretty disturbing conclusion -

The new Altima Coupe looks better than the G37 Coupe. No it doesn't look more expensive or graceful, but it's a sharper design. The Altima Coupe rear end looks killer, it's purposeful, sporty, and the rear under diffuser and the 350Z-like exhaust look great all together. The character line cuts across the low belt of the Altima Coupe giving it a sporty low stance similar to the 350Z. The front end is also a design success when it comes to conveying the sportiness of the Altima Coupe. The Altima Coupe looks a lot shorter and lower than its sedan counter part. Unlike the G, the coupe version of Altima actually looks better and more complete than the sedan. (No thanks to the strange Altezza tail lamps on the Altima Sedan) I wish the new G37 Coupe looked more like the Altima Coupe. Oh yeah, the new Altima Coupe also looks better than the 350Z they had on the lot.

The 3.5L V6 Altima Coupe starts around $25,000. It has more backseat headroom and shoulder room than the G37 Coupe. The trunk has a 33/66 split fold down seats to the passenger cabinet. The rear glass is higher than the G37 Coupe and I can actually sit back there without my head breaking the rear glass. If Nissan decides to make a 4 seater Altima Coupe Convertible - I'll buy one.

Enough Rant, if you guys don't believe me go check it out in person. The new Altima Coupe's got killer looks. I really like it. (Not enough to trade in my RWD G35 Coupe...... fortunately the Altima Coupe is FWD)

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...altrans105.jpg
I saw the Altima Coupe myself and I dunno the rear screamed Volvo at me, I hated it. I like my Coupe much more then a g37 as far as looks but when it comes to engine, brakes, interior and new goodies the g37 is looking like my next ride, I just want to see one in person. It seems many people like the car much more in person even when they hated it in the pictures.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Guys, I dropped by a local Nissan dealership to check out the new Altima Hybrid and behold there was a brand new Altima Coupe parked out front being detailed. After seeing the G37 Coupe in person last weekend and the Altima Coupe this afternoon, I've came to a pretty disturbing conclusion -

The new Altima Coupe looks better than the G37 Coupe. No it doesn't look more expensive or graceful, but it's a sharper design. The Altima Coupe rear end looks killer, it's purposeful, sporty, and the rear under diffuser and the 350Z-like exhaust look great all together. The character line cuts across the low belt of the Altima Coupe giving it a sporty low stance similar to the 350Z. The front end is also a design success when it comes to conveying the sportiness of the Altima Coupe. The Altima Coupe looks a lot shorter and lower than its sedan counter part. Unlike the G, the coupe version of Altima actually looks better and more complete than the sedan. (No thanks to the strange Altezza tail lamps on the Altima Sedan) I wish the new G37 Coupe looked more like the Altima Coupe. Oh yeah, the new Altima Coupe also looks better than the 350Z they had on the lot.

The 3.5L V6 Altima Coupe starts around $25,000. It has more backseat headroom and shoulder room than the G37 Coupe. The trunk has a 33/66 split fold down seats to the passenger cabinet. The rear glass is higher than the G37 Coupe and I can actually sit back there without my head breaking the rear glass. If Nissan decides to make a 4 seater Altima Coupe Convertible - I'll buy one.

Enough Rant, if you guys don't believe me go check it out in person. The new Altima Coupe's got killer looks. I really like it. (Not enough to trade in my RWD G35 Coupe...... fortunately the Altima Coupe is FWD)

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...altrans105.jpg
If you care about performance, I wouldn't go off and by the Altima Coupe. I test drove one on the same day I went to Stillen and saw the G37 and trust me, it looks much better than it drives. The car is nice, but is not meant for the enthusiast. As an Accord coupe and Solara competitor, it is amazing, but pales in comparison to any G let alone the G37.

Last edited by ElixXxeR; 06-13-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Yin-Yang and Life
The G37 is a beautiful car. All the complaining is starting to really get on my nerves, especially the ones about how people are going to keep their G35s and not get the G37s and then talk about all the bad things about the G37. You can keep your G35... like I care... I'm off getting what the "masterworkers" at Infiniti have been sculpting for years (deposited $500 for black/black fully loaded). Infiniti has done very well with the new generation and I like the more luxurious, yet still sporty, look both inside and out. I praise the people at Infiniti for working so hard on making this next generation G coupe look so great compared to already beautiful current G coupe. Great job Infiniti! You deserve praise.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin

It's clearly a trunk release button man. This G doesn't have the rear-backup camera.

Everycar that has one, including the Nissan Armada, has some black lense and 4 sensors on the bumper. i dont see any sensors on this G. Sensors aid in reversing and lets u know when ur way too close. all OEM cars with reverse camera has them.
Our FX35 has OEM rear view camera but no sensors, thank god. I've never noticed sensors on any Infiniti other than the QX56/Armada. I would bet money the G37 will be sensor-less in the US unless you add some option package.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
If you care about performance, I wouldn't go off and by the Altima Coupe. I test drove one on the same day I went to Stillen and saw the G37 and trust me, it looks much better than it drives. The car is nice, but is not meant for the enthusiast. As an Accord coupe and Solara competitor, it is amazing, but pales in comparison to any G let alone the G37.

I autoX my car, go to Malibu and track once awhile, so I definitely appreciate RWD performance. I didn't even bother test driving the Altima Coupe because I already know what it's going to do when I brake into the first turn. It's quite a looker, but I will never replace my G35 Coupe with anything FWD. I'll keep my G35, mod it, and perhaps buy an Altima Convertible Coupe for weekend PCH cruise.

On a side note, I think all these debates on the forum are running in circles. Both the G35 and G37 look very very good. I think when people prefer one over another it's like comparing Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel, it's all a matter of preference, but undoubtedly both are way above average..

Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I would literally pay $5000 to just have that interior on my 06 Coupe and I would be perfectly happy.

As far as the engine, I'm sure a built VQ35DE engine supercharged shoud do the job... by far

Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its already available in the current 2007 G35 Sedan. Whats new for 2008 (according to spec sheets) is supposedly an integrated IPOD interface~

Originally Posted by RacerB355
Just pointing this out for those who didn't notice... G37 apparently will be equipped with a compact flash memory card reader, i highlighted the port in the picture below, interesting concept as not many manufacturers have incorporated such a thing

Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
Thanks for your opinion, but so is the G37 for a lot less money.
For the first year or so the differance in price between the 335 and G37 may not be all that huge. The G37 will sell at sticker for at least the remainder of this year and they are discounting 335s by as much as $2K at a Dealer near me. Also BMW offers 4 yrs 50K miles free service. If you followed Infinit's service recommendations, that would add at least another thousand to the costs. No question that the G37 will still be less expensive than the 335, but let's wait until we get the G37 prices before we start to project significant price differances between the two cars.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I'll stick to my G before moving on. IMO the G37 missed it. I think a M45 would be my next purchase for infiniti. Maybe a GT-R when the fury stops on those and the price isn't a high when it first comes out. Might be time also to get the Porsche 911 after my G..

If a car has to grow on me it's not worth it. Like a woman I want her to be like blam I want it, not she has to grow on me WTF is that? The reason I bought my G because I was like "I want that car". I wasn't like "I'll come back sir when it grows on me..IMO..

Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
The G37 is a beautiful car. All the complaining is starting to really get on my nerves, especially the ones about how people are going to keep their G35s and not get the G37s and then talk about all the bad things about the G37. You can keep your G35... like I care... I'm off getting what the "masterworkers" at Infiniti have been sculpting for years (deposited $500 for black/black fully loaded). Infiniti has done very well with the new generation and I like the more luxurious, yet still sporty, look both inside and out. I praise the people at Infiniti for working so hard on making this next generation G coupe look so great compared to already beautiful current G coupe. Great job Infiniti! You deserve praise.
Good post, I agree with everything you said. However, you can't let something like this get on your nerves. No car is ever going to be liked by everyone. Lots of people will like the G37 and lots won't, either way, I agree that Infiniti did an awesome job with the G37, which is why I ordered one. There are so many other automakers for people who don't like the G37, to choose from.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 06-13-2007 at 09:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9