G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Techuinang
I don't understand why people are complaining about the ~200lbs increase. That's about 1 1/2 passengers (or one really fat one ). I mean it's no big deal.
I agree with you. It isn't THAT big of a deal. However, it isn't just 1 1/2 passengers (or one really big one). It is the extra 200 pounds plus any passengers you carry. That makes it the weight of an M!!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by **Canadian_G**
Cool in what colour??? That blue sate looks pretty sexy
I was torn between Blue Slate and Platinum Graphite, so I went to look at both of the colors on the sedan. In my opinion, they are both amazing colors and it was a hard decision, in the end I went with Platinum Graphite, but it was a very hard decision.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
. . . but 16mpg with my current 05 g35 is friggin horrid

ppp

I have been mildly researching both cars but had not really checked out the gas mileage thing. Gas mileage has never really been the deciding factor in my car purchases, but my wife's 2000 Acura TL, which is a fairly hefty piece of metal, never gets less than about 18 mpg with a lot of short distance street driving (6 miles each way to work in city streets). On the freeway it gets about 30. The engine in the TL is fairly spirited so I wonder why the mileage of the smaller G35 should be so disappointing?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I was torn between Blue Slate and Platinum Graphite, so I went to look at both of the colors on the sedan. In my opinion, they are both amazing colors and it was a hard decision, in the end I went with Platinum Graphite, but it was a very hard decision.
Yeah good choice i think all the colours would look nice in the coupe, i just saw lakeshore in person but didn't like it as much. Saw the ivory pearl and fell in love but white isn't my colour, the platinum graphite looks tough, i don't think i can make my mind up but i know for sure whatever i go with it's gonna look good

Old 06-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah good choice i think all the colours would look nice in the coupe, i just saw lakeshore in person but didn't like it as much. Saw the ivory pearl and fell in love but white isn't my colour, the platinum graphite looks tough, i don't think i can make my mind up but i know for sure whatever i go with it's gonna look good
Yeah, I understand man, it will be a very hard decision for you. You just need to take some time and really think about it, it took me 2 weeks to decide on the color!! Good luck and let me know which color you decide on.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
the neighbor picked up a 2005 ivory pearl coupe... everytime i park i stare at it... woulda been a much better choice then black.

ppp

Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by N50
I agree with you. It isn't THAT big of a deal. However, it isn't just 1 1/2 passengers (or one really big one). It is the extra 200 pounds plus any passengers you carry. That makes it the weight of an M!!
damn that means no more dead hookers in the trunk coz it's already occupied with a fat one!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
the neighbor picked up a 2005 ivory pearl coupe... everytime i park i stare at it... woulda been a much better choice then black.

ppp
you know that's not necessarily true. IP and OB are weird colors. every time i look at either i go damn this is hotter than the other!
whatever you do just dont get the silver one. i hate the color of mine

Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Who cares about weight, it's already so fast, you just can't expect anything more. They did a good job even though i don't like the rear that much it's going to be a eye turner on the road and i guarantee you it's not going to be because of the extra weight

Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Who cares about weight, it's already so fast, you just can't expect anything more. They did a good job even though i don't like the rear that much it's going to be a eye turner on the road and i guarantee you it's not going to be because of the extra weight
the g's only an eye turner on its first few months. it's no ferrari neither does it sound like one.
anyway, so when can we start test driving it anyway?
arent the prices supposed to be out by now

Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by mantisG35
the g's only an eye turner on its first few months. it's no ferrari neither does it sound like one.
Infiniti will be releasing that information later on. No one knows when.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by mantisG35
I asked the guy he told me the g37 will be available for test drives before the 08 g35 sedans come out. So maybe october????

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Infiniti will be releasing that information later on. No one knows when.
so you do work for infiniti hahaha

Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Why are you making senseless posts like these? I don't understand... Why are you so against me on everything and out to get me? because I love the G37 and want to defend my ride that I know I will love and a company that I really like? I didn't know that was so bad. PLEASE help me understand why you're here... I do genuinely want to know. (this is not meant to be taken as an attack or anything... I honestly do want to know)

I want all of this to stop right now... I am sick and tired of posts like these because they're really offensive to me since it's pretty much directed to me. You're ruining my time here on this G37 forum... just you. I'm fine with everybody else... well excluding one other person who I will not name. If you want to attack me... please, do it in private tells. I want this to cease, end, whatever... just please leave me alone. I have no idea what I did to deserve this... you make me feel like the whole world is against me and it really hurts that there are people in this world like that. *sighs*

I apologize if I have hurt you in any way because I really don't mean to do it. A lot of people misunderstand what I say and it's difficult sometimes to get the message across the way it should be because it is the internet and not real life.

I personally believe in the "Yin-Yang" philosophy... so if there is something really negative (like an attack on the G37), I feel like I have to balance things out with a positive (a counterattack or positive view). You have been making just such negative posts all the time... so that's why I have to counter them so much.

*sighs* I can't wait until the G37 forum becomes like the 2007 G35 sedan forum... I just tell myself that it will become that way because it did happen for the next generation sedan, next generation 3-series, and next generation IS... I know it will happen for the G37 also. It's really sad that next generation cars have to suffer through this every single time.
PLEASE look at that post mantisg35.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
PLEASE look at that post mantisg35.
too long to read

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!