G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mantisG35
the engine is great. a v6 producing 300-330 hp is a great achievement especially with its displacement.
Audi's S4 engine is a V8 producing 340 hp and it's 4.2 liter for instance. I think the VQ is great.

but since you're at it, could you have an explanation about the dead hooker body in the trunk of the G37?
I think it's great too, I never said it wasn't. What I said was it is an old engine (at it's core), which is why depsite the output the gas mileage and general thrashiness of it are poor. The 340hp 4.2 V8 in the S4 and the FSI in the S5, are stupid smooth, and deliver better MPG than the VQ; that's the difference between old and new.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
I think it's great too, I never said it wasn't. What I said was it is an old engine (at it's core), which is why depsite the output the gas mileage and general thrashiness of it are poor. The 340hp 4.2 V8 in the S4 and the FSI in the S5, are stupid smooth, and deliver better MPG than the VQ; that's the difference between old and new.
really? i thought they're rated at 15/20 (city/highway) mpg

Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Why are you making senseless posts like these? I don't understand... Why are you so against me on everything and out to get me? because I love the G37 and want to defend my ride that I know I will love and a company that I really like? I didn't know that was so bad. PLEASE help me understand why you're here... I do genuinely want to know. (this is not meant to be taken as an attack or anything... I honestly do want to know)

I want all of this to stop right now... I am sick and tired of posts like these because they're really offensive to me since it's pretty much directed to me. You're ruining my time here on this G37 forum... just you. I'm fine with everybody else... well excluding one other person who I will not name. If you want to attack me... please, do it in private tells. I want this to cease, end, whatever... just please leave me alone. I have no idea what I did to deserve this... you make me feel like the whole world is against me and it really hurts that there are people in this world like that. *sighs*

I apologize if I have hurt you in any way because I really don't mean to do it. A lot of people misunderstand what I say and it's difficult sometimes to get the message across the way it should be because it is the internet and not real life.
Is this short enough? Please, mantisg35, I really want all of this to stop. It's really sickening.

Last edited by Yimbie; 06-27-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll go and extend the olive branch to you as well Mantis. Let's chill for a while, I'll post pics of my OB chrome butt G37 when it arrives and you can have at it. Ok?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
no wait wait... so im not supposed to criticize or refer to the G37 negatively?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Is this short enough? Please, mantisg35, I really want all of this to stop. It's really sickening.
i really do not wake up in the morning thinking how can i **** off yimbie. i probably do not even think of you all day long. not coz i dont like you or anything, but why would i think of that? you know what i mean...
i dont wanna attack you. i want to attack the G37 but since you're putting yourself in the middle you THINK im attacking you. but i have no intension or reason to do so.
if it pisses you off that i rant about the G37 then okay, i'll stop. i think i've said enough already

Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
No, it's more the bitches, fool and taunting stuff. You can continue to hate on the G37 for all I care as I know where you stand on that.

Should be clear enough, sir

Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
No, it's more the bitches, fool and taunting stuff. You can continue to hate on the G37 for all I care as I know where you stand on that.

Should be clear enough, sir
truce it is

Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
i really do not wake up in the morning thinking how can i **** off yimbie. i probably do not even think of you all day long. not coz i dont like you or anything, but why would i think of that? you know what i mean...
i dont wanna attack you. i want to attack the G37 but since you're putting yourself in the middle you THINK im attacking you. but i have no intension or reason to do so.
if it pisses you off that i rant about the G37 then okay, i'll stop. i think i've said enough already
You can rant about the G37... but please make them constructive and very valid and not the kind of posts where it's like "The G37 sucks." and "The G37 was made to make the G35 better. HAHAHAHA." I'm not saying that you made those specifically but those are just examples of what I mean. I'm talking about the posts that specifically target me and others... I can give you so many posts to where it involves me and other people if you want. Those must stop or I will have to resort to talking with a moderator. But thank you... finally all this crap is done (don't take that negatively).

Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
the g's only an eye turner on its first few months. it's no ferrari neither does it sound like one.
I actually agree with you. I haven't noticed a G35 on the road in a long time eventhough they are everywhere. That's why you modify your car but I really wanted to settle down with the G37 if I end up getting one. We shall see.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"The G37 was made to make the G35 better. HAHAHAHA."
You quote that like you disagree? Since when have product replacements endeavored to be worse than their forebears?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by N50
I agree with you. It isn't THAT big of a deal. However, it isn't just 1 1/2 passengers (or one really big one). It is the extra 200 pounds plus any passengers you carry. That makes it the weight of an M!!
True, I see your point. However all the little gadgets are worth the extra weight IMO. I for one prefer the new GPS screen design over the old one. Wouldn't want to give that up to save the 200lbs difference. Ok, it may not account for that much of a weight difference but I'm sure all the new things adds up close to it in the end.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
You quote that like you disagree? Since when have product replacements endeavored to be worse than their forebears?
i actually meant that one. because after the number of G37 i started appreciating my G35 more. It performs almost the same and IMO it looks better.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
My neighbor has an OB G35 and I have to say that that thing is always washed and gorgeous and it is probably what got me hooked on looking at a new G. It wasn't until I started researching the G Coupe late last year that I found out about the 08 model change. Since then I have been on the Infiniti train and want this new G Coupe to get here in a bad way. My order is in and there will be no test drive, and I will honestly report what I like about it and what I don't like about it when it gets here.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Can you please reword that? I apologize, I can't really understand what you're trying to say with the "You quote that like you disagree?"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!