General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

**My car got broken into last night**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**My car got broken into last night**

So last night I parked my car at my girlfriends apartments around 10:45pm and spent the night there. As we were walking out to the car this morning, I noticed the drivers side window was smashed in and my radar detector had been stolen. I looked further and could tell that it was the only thing they were after, because everything else was were I left it. I always thought that if this ever happened to me, I would be SOOO pissed off, but I was actually more upset than anything. It just feels like someone completely invaded my privacy with no regard to my belongings just to make a few extra bucks. The officer also mentioned that this has been happening quite often which could have resulted from the economy being so bad right now, which does make sense. I just wish it was a cheap radar, and not my Passport 9500i..... Now I have to get a new window, new tint, and a new radar. I gave him the serial number for the radar hoping the guy is an idiot and sells it somewhere they will scan it and see it was stolen... One thing that DID **** me off about the officer is that when he pulled the glass up, he rested it on the inside of my window seal, just under the actual paint, and it slipped and smashed into the inside of my door. His response was "Darn, I was worried that would happen!" Well then why the fvck did you do it?!?! After he left and I cleaned it up, I noticed that the inside of my door panel is now scratched up due to his ignorance! And I am positive it was not like that before since the glass was resting against my drivers seat still attached to the door due to my tint. Oh AND the weird thing is that when I was looking at it a guy came up to me and said when he parked at midnight, it was already broken into. So Im guessing he saw me park? Cause thats only an hour and 15 min gap... Sorry for the long rant, I just need to vent all this out.....

Pics: (all I had was my iPhone)

Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 PM
damn that sux man,

someone tried breaking into my car like 2 months ago, they stuck a crow bar threw the door FAWKING UP MY door and not my window,

sorry to see/hear about this.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Sorry to hear that hope they catch that *******!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
damn, that sucks!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Man thats wack...sorry to see this!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did this happened in outdoor or indoor parking?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
wow i hope someone catches that thief!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
wow sorry, just last week they tried jacking my wheels, damn i hope they catch whoever did it..

Old 11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by jlin615
Did this happened in outdoor or indoor parking?
it was outdoor right by a major road and right next to the apt building. i had no idea the alarm wouldnt go off. I was in the closest room facing my car and for sure would have heard it... next investment: loud a** alarm system

Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
i got broken into sumtime saturday night or sunday moring as a matter of fact i wasnt even pissed or upset about it like i thought i would be pretty much i figured

1. im not gonna find out who did it
2. if i did the stuff would probly be long gone so no way to prove it was them

unfortuanly i think this is karma for me sux for you tho all they wanted was a radar and they busted out a window worht 150-250 for it

o by the way with me my dumb a ss left the car unlocked

who would of thought there was anything worth $$$ in a 92 rusted out sentra

Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
You guys gotta keep valuables (bait) out of sight when leaving your car at night,. My neighbor got her car window broken too, the thief wanted her portable navigation, and it's at a gated apartment lot with cameras!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah its weird that it happened so soon. i was getting tired of taking it off and putting it on and it was ruining the suction cups. i think when i get it replaced im gonna get it hard wired for sure!!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
that sucks to hear man..sorry

Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 AM
HOLY S***!!!! I just got back from tutoring at 1:30 and decided to go up and check my car to see how the trash bags are holding up. I live at a nice private dorm building, so the thought of spoiled brats trashing my car came across my mind... Was I EVER right!!!!! Some punk threw a strawberry milkshake (mostly full) through the trashbags and ALL OVER the interior of my car!!! Between the seats, dash, and in the seats and center console. I park in the parking garage right by the stairs, so its in view to a lot of people! WTF!!! it took me an hour to clean up, but i still cant get between the seats and center console. I cant get over how disrespectful some people are.... I had no idea this day could get any worse....

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
^Oh man! I really feel bad for you. This really isn't your week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **My car got broken into last night**