General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Input/Help Please :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Input/Help Please :D

Okay, so i bought my 04 G a couple months ... had enuff time to settle all the expenses i had to do and now i got around to moddin this baby so bought my clear corners, stillen intake w z-tube, and well while i wait for those two to come in *sometime next week* i wanna get sumthin else *i got the bug *.. i have around ... 400- 500 bux to spend on my car and well.. it's burning a hole in my hand.. lol so i was lookin into Either Springs *h tech since i hear it's better for daily driving* or a Grill cuz i'm not really feelin the stock G grill. so i'm guessing both of those will run me sumwhere around 250-300. I know where i can get the springs but i've been lookin for a place where i can find a grill. I don't trust the ebay crap and rather ask here where i can get a good quality grill *that comes painted preferably*.Also had another question i noticed i had door moldings *took me long enuff* and i was wondering how do i get rid of em cuz i did a search and nothing came up. Im guessin there isnt gonna b much fading since it's not really that sunny out here and i would think it wont b very noticeable on a IP... i hope not.. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Rogue

Old 01-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Good choice on first mods..I recently got mine as well and got 350z h-tech/rear camber kit. I'm debating between the Injen short-ram vs the stillen/z-tube. Can I ask why you went with stillen/z-tube over injen?

well to answer your question
1) Grille- u can get them in the marketplace under exterior
https://g35driver.com/forums/exterior-vendor-120/
Theres either the Ionic or Klumzyee's grille and both have a paint option i believe.

2) Moldings- i WOULD think they can just be removed with a hairdryer/heat gun and fishing line/floss. Then goo-gone to get the excess off

Lastly if youre planning on getting 350z H-techs, you are most likely going to get an uneven drop, so plan on doing the springmount mod, which THEN might lead to a rear camber kit

Personally after going through the troubles of an almost-not-even-noticeable drop with the H-techs, I would just go with the S-techs.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Honestly those were my first choice cuz a friend had them on his cl and they were sweet but since i always have one person sumtimes two in the car w me.. i was scared that it would take its toll on the car. since it's quite a heavy car and road here in VA blow. Unless i find out that they can handle what im lookin for and are a good choice for a daily driver. Also , will i b needin a camber?...if so which ones would u recommend?
to answer ur Question i was lookin into jwt and stillen but i read on a thread that stillen handles heat better and dishes out slightly more power for $50 extra. although i hear quite alot of praise regarding JWT popcharger's "robust" sound. i guess picked performance over sound.

Last edited by Roguewolf; 01-02-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 AM
lower it....but go with s-techs.....+ a camber kit. World of difference.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Well these are just "probably"'s

350z H-techs- No camber kit
350z H-techs + Rear springmount mod- Rear camber kit
350z S-techs- Front and rear camber kit

For which camber kit, I got the SPC rear camber arm+toe bolt

I'm not 100% sure for the front camber kits but the SPC one had some problems before but I think they released a revised one. There are more expensive ones but not sure..Think you should be able to get a discount if you get front+rear at once also..

Honestly I dont think the ride quality itself would be much different..I cant even tell on my H-techs. Only difference is going up driveways, speedbumps, and blind DIPS (theyre the scary ones)

Old 01-02-2008, 02:17 AM
speed bumps freak me the f#$& out as of now, so im guessin with springs i'll honestly **** myself. if i took this speed bumps a lil too fast once and i felt my transmission pop up... i take the biggest detour just to avoid that one lol.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 AM
lol i crawl over speedbumps at like 1 mph and gotta do the whole angle thing sometimes.. and driveways arent even a question.

Have you decided on the S-techs yet?

Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Roguewolf
Okay, so i bought my 04 G a couple months ... had enuff time to settle all the expenses i had to do and now i got around to moddin this baby so bought my clear corners, stillen intake w z-tube, and well while i wait for those two to come in *sometime next week* i wanna get sumthin else *i got the bug *.. i have around ... 400- 500 bux to spend on my car and well.. it's burning a hole in my hand.. lol so i was lookin into Either Springs *h tech since i hear it's better for daily driving* or a Grill cuz i'm not really feelin the stock G grill. so i'm guessing both of those will run me sumwhere around 250-300. I know where i can get the springs but i've been lookin for a place where i can find a grill. I don't trust the ebay crap and rather ask here where i can get a good quality grill *that comes painted preferably*.Also had another question i noticed i had door moldings *took me long enuff* and i was wondering how do i get rid of em cuz i did a search and nothing came up. Im guessin there isnt gonna b much fading since it's not really that sunny out here and i would think it wont b very noticeable on a IP... i hope not.. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Rogue
Heat + floss... they are only held on by tape... then to get rid of the rest of the tape on the car use Goo Gone or wd40 then wax after

i wouldnt worry about fading

Old 01-19-2008, 01:20 AM
So yea, i got the grill installed now and well time to do either suspension or exhaust.. as of now all the mods have been on the exterior, other than the intake, but that's barely noticeable.. if at all. SO i just wanted to ask if i decided to get either a cat or suspension.. which would be cheaper?.. i don't want a ****ty exhaust.. or a super loud one, i was lookin at the fast intentions exhaust.. those sound MEAN! but i hear they run about 1k.. so that's definitely not happenin with my budget.. As for suspension what would i need for s techs? how much would it run me with everything included? If anyone has links to exactly what i need to buy in order to install them properly *camber etc etc*, ANY help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
-Rogue