General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Climate Control - Wont turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Climate Control - Wont turn on

Hey guys,

My car first experienced issues a couple months back where the blower motor would only turn on at random intervals. I purchased the blower motor relay...I haven't installed it yet though.

As of today now, the climate control unit wont turn on at all now. The buttons don't do a thing and my display doesn't turn on. The only button which lights up on my dash is the rear defroster. I think this issue is unrelated to the blower motor issue, but I'm not too sure. I'm going to get the tools to install it this weekend.

Any ideas on the issue with the climate controls? I have an 03 Coupe.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by ddzc
Hey guys,

My car first experienced issues a couple months back where the blower motor would only turn on at random intervals. I purchased the blower motor relay...I haven't installed it yet though.

As of today now, the climate control unit wont turn on at all now. The buttons don't do a thing and my display doesn't turn on. The only button which lights up on my dash is the rear defroster. I think this issue is unrelated to the blower motor issue, but I'm not too sure. I'm going to get the tools to install it this weekend.

Any ideas on the issue with the climate controls? I have an 03 Coupe.

Thanks!
Have you tried looking in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2003/atc.pdf

See Pages ATC 31,32, 33 for starters

Blower speed is automatically controlled based on temperature setting, ambient temperature, in-vehicle temperature, intake temperature, amount of sunload and air mix door position.
With FAN switch set to AUTO, the blower motor starts to gradually increase air flow volume.
When engine coolant temperature is low, the blower motor operation is delayed to prevent cool air from flowing.

Good luck

Telcoman