General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Need Help with my 03 G35 Coupe 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with my 03 G35 Coupe 6MT

Hey Guys,
I just picked up my first G35 a few days ago and I have a few issues that im trying to work through. I bought the car from a dealer that repo'd it and the headlights and turn signals dont work. The prior owner installed after mkt headlights and the wiring looks like crap but when i tun on the lights there is no sound from the relays or indication at the dash that they have been turned on. Also, no turn signals.
Ive checked the fuses but all are good. The next time i troubleshoot, i plan to use a meter and try to find the issue. Is this something that is related to one problem?
Also, the air cleaner needs to be replaced and i was going to go with a CAI setup.. any recommendations?
Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Old 04-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
check all the wiring and make sure everything is connected well.

as for your intake. go with the stillen intake. no real gains of CAI over short rams. intakes are mostly for sound in these cars.

good luck

Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hurleyguys
check all the wiring and make sure everything is connected well.

as for your intake. go with the stillen intake. no real gains of CAI over short rams. intakes are mostly for sound in these cars.

good luck

+1

Also, is it both headlights or just one side? Like he said, just make sure everything is plugged properly. Even check the bulbs if they're any good. You might never know

Old 04-21-2016, 02:55 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Shawn Thomas
Hey Guys,
I just picked up my first G35 a few days ago and I have a few issues that im trying to work through. I bought the car from a dealer that repo'd it and the headlights and turn signals dont work. The prior owner installed after mkt headlights and the wiring looks like crap but when i tun on the lights there is no sound from the relays or indication at the dash that they have been turned on. Also, no turn signals.
Ive checked the fuses but all are good. The next time i troubleshoot, i plan to use a meter and try to find the issue. Is this something that is related to one problem?
Also, the air cleaner needs to be replaced and i was going to go with a CAI setup.. any recommendations?
Thanks in advance,

Shawn
If you bought it from a dealer you should've had them fix the lights before you took delivery. But that might be too late now.

The headlights/turn signals issue is most likely improper wiring. If the fuses and bulbs are good, then I would look into the wiring of each component and go from there. Good luck.