General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

A/C and Heater both not operational. Blowers are working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C and Heater both not operational. Blowers are working.

Hi just wondering if anybody has any ideas of whats going on. My A/C and Heater both went out at the same time. Blowers work fine but no heated or cooled air. I checked all the fuses and looks like they are fine. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:43 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There are fuses in 3 places, the fusible link which is basically the positive battery terminal, the IPDM which sits next to the battery, and the Fuse Block J/B which is in the cabin driver side footwell. Check the fuses in all 3 because each has circuitry related to the AC head unit.

Not at home right now so I can't give you exact circuit numbers to check.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!! I just doubled checked all three locations and the fuses seem to be fine. It does sound like a fuse problem to me too. Do you think it has to do something with the climate control inside the radio console?

Old 06-01-2018, 11:17 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Unfortunately it's been know for the entire AC control unit to just die, does the AC compressor cycle on and off when yoy press the AC button on the controller. You can hear the clutch engage in the compressor if you have the windows down or the hood open.

There is also a diagnostic mode you can put the climate system in but only idlf you have the stock radio still installed. It will cycle all the various vents, etc, Google it or check the FSM if you have a copy of the manual, it's under section ATC.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 PM
Yes I can hear the a/c engage when I press on the a/c botton in the cabin. I do have a stock radio but I’ve looked all over for the self diagnose Procedure but I can’t seem to find it.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:23 PM
After quite a bit of searching, I was able to find the self-diagnosing procedures and run the test. Something must have moved because Now I can feel both my a/c working and heater working but at the same time! In my left vent, it is blowing really cold air and the middle vent (by the radio) is blowing hot. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Broken damper maybe. Take off the cabin air filter and you can get a borescope up into the duct work, just don't accidently pinch it with the damper like I did because it's an incredible pain to get back out.

I had a bunch of debris rattling around in my duct work when I first got my car because the previous owner took out the filter and ran it without, sucked leaves into the duct that were making a horrible sound until I borescope and vacuumed them out with a piece of 1/2 flexible hose.