General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

No spark?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No spark?

Hey guys, I have a 2003 6mt coupe. Car has 218k on it now and the motor went boom. I purchased a JDM low mileage vq and installed it the other day, car started right up! I started it about 3 times then started putting the car back together. I only did the front of the car (rad, fans, headlights ect). I noticed that not all of the headlight lights worked, thought I missed a plug or something but I didn’t. Only the lower lights worked, so I ignored it and continued on. I went to start the car the same night to show my friend and the car wouldn’t start. Sounds like it wants to and it’s healty but it just won’t, I checked for spark and it has none. Checked all my fuses and the only bad ones I found where the headlight ones, the coils aren’t getting 12 volts to them and the obd port isn’t communicating with my scanner like it doesn’t get power at all. I’m kinda stuck now and I don’t know what to do 🤦🏼*♂️ Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexanderTC

Hey guys, I have a 2003 6mt coupe. Car has 218k on it now and the motor went boom. I purchased a JDM low mileage vq and installed it the other day, car started right up! I started it about 3 times then started putting the car back together. I only did the front of the car (rad, fans, headlights ect). I noticed that not all of the headlight lights worked, thought I missed a plug or something but I didn’t. Only the lower lights worked, so I ignored it and continued on. I went to start the car the same night to show my friend and the car wouldn’t start. Sounds like it wants to and it’s healty but it just won’t, I checked for spark and it has none. Checked all my fuses and the only bad ones I found where the headlight ones, the coils aren’t getting 12 volts to them and the obd port isn’t communicating with my scanner like it doesn’t get power at all. I’m kinda stuck now and I don’t know what to do 🤦🏼*♂️ Any suggestions? Thanks.
oh I forgot to mention that now only the turn signals light up. Idk if that’s important but just throwing in all the information I can.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by AlexanderTC

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the FSM

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2003/ec.pdf

See page EC-580

Telcoman