General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black g35 purchased from auction with 190k now has used motor with 50k
Exhaust

I have a 2003 g35 coupe with a used motor at about 50k miles. What diameter exhaust should i put on, and what aftermarket headers should i get? Also is it ery expensive to do a turbo on this?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
SEARCH!

God damn. All this info has been discussed 1000 times before.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by countryboy
I have a 2003 g35 coupe with a used motor at about 50k miles. What diameter exhaust should i put on, and what aftermarket headers should i get? Also is it ery expensive to do a turbo on this?
All of this has been discussed a hundred times in too many threads to mention. I understand you would or could be overwhelmed by the amount of threads a search would return. You have several topics in your question and i think each requires a search in itself. These cars were pretty well engineered from the factory. Simple bolt ons; lower plenum, plenum spacer, hiflow cats, aftermarket exhaust are basic upgrades netting around 50 or so hp (correct me if I'm wrong) There are several sites dedicated to the platform. I use Z1motorsports.com regularly for my G35 needs. They have single and twin turbo options as well as superchargers. They are quite expensive. I have full bolt ons less headers with tune and happy with the car for now. I'm at 155k with a tight engine but forced induction would most like require a build for longevity, so do not have that planned in the near future. I'd guestimate full bolt ons with a twin turbo would be just under $12k or so. Good luck

Old 01-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
"Welcome to the G35 Driver forums Country Boy!" Your motor requires a 2.5" exhaust system! Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for a quality used aftermarket system which generally sells for half of retail new! Headers aren't and never have been worth the $$ since they offer very little flow improvement over OE manifolds! High flow cats are your best option since that's where most of the restriction lives in the factory exhaust!
Again, welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 01-17-2019, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by g356sp
SEARCH!

God damn. All this info has been discussed 1000 times before.
everybody lets direct our attention to the bitter attention seeking ******* g35sp! Feel better now kid? If you didn't like the question you should of scrolled by

Old 01-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by jparker7269
All of this has been discussed a hundred times in too many threads to mention. I understand you would or could be overwhelmed by the amount of threads a search would return. You have several topics in your question and i think each requires a search in itself. These cars were pretty well engineered from the factory. Simple bolt ons; lower plenum, plenum spacer, hiflow cats, aftermarket exhaust are basic upgrades netting around 50 or so hp (correct me if I'm wrong) There are several sites dedicated to the platform. I use Z1motorsports.com regularly for my G35 needs. They have single and twin turbo options as well as superchargers. They are quite expensive. I have full bolt ons less headers with tune and happy with the car for now. I'm at 155k with a tight engine but forced induction would most like require a build for longevity, so do not have that planned in the near future. I'd guestimate full bolt ons with a twin turbo would be just under $12k or so. Good luck
Yes this is all new to me. From being on this type of website to ask questions to even doing a car up

Old 01-17-2019, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
"Welcome to the G35 Driver forums Country Boy!" Your motor requires a 2.5" exhaust system! Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for a quality used aftermarket system which generally sells for half of retail new! Headers aren't and never have been worth the $$ since they offer very little flow improvement over OE manifolds! High flow cats are your best option since that's where most of the restriction lives in the factory exhaust!
Again, welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary
This is all new to me, and thanks for your feedback. So basically if i go with an aftermarket cat back exhaust theirs no need to purchase headers cause its not gonna add anymore HP?

Old 01-17-2019, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes this is all new to me. From being on this type of website to ask questions to even doing a car up
It is quite overwhelming and frustrating for sure. Facebook is even worse or better yet pointless. Unless you want to see what rims someone is using or complaints about everything under the sun. I recently purchased a new Roush Mustang. Those idiots are even worse... LOL
This forum has its share of jerks but quite a few very knowledgeable members as well. This platform still has a decent following with a lot of aftermarket options still available and more online opinions than you'll care to read...

Old 01-17-2019, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by jparker7269
It is quite overwhelming and frustrating for sure. Facebook is even worse or better yet pointless. Unless you want to see what rims someone is using or complaints about everything under the sun. I recently purchased a new Roush Mustang. Those idiots are even worse... LOL
This forum has its share of jerks but quite a few very knowledgeable members as well. This platform still has a decent following with a lot of aftermarket options still available and more online opinions than you'll care to read...
i agree 100%

Old 01-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Finally, the attention I deserve!

Sorry to call you out man, but these are 15+ year old cars, everything from 2j swaps to custom FI setups have been done and discussed on these forums. You say this is all new to you, as it was at one point for all of us - the best thing you can do to learn about these cars and modifying in general is to read, read, watch some youtube videos, and read some more. Be humble, do your research, and if you can't find the answers you're looking for THEN start asking questions. Personally, I'm a lot more receptive to people who show that they've put forth some effort of their own.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think people see it as frustrating when a new thread is created when several already exist (a ton regarding exhaust especially), which makes it harder down the road to find stuff, which is understandable. I believe it also says somewhere in guidelines to please search before creating a new thread. what usually works for me is a google search like "exhaust diameter g35driver.com", even without the .com works. don't take it personal if someone snaps or is sarcastic, you will see it happen again in a few days when a new thread is created for which several already exist. looks like your initial question was already answered, so good luck! ... and remember to search next time please.