General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2007 g35x no crank no sign of power at all.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35 Sedan Journey
Originally Posted by Alkovary
Alright guys, here's where I'm at now. I bought a used bcm off ebay and installed it in and everything seemed to come back to life! The dash lit up, dome lights work. The only thing that doesn't work is it doesn't register my keys anymore which I what I expected. I had it towed to the dealership to have them reprogram the keys and the nightmare began all over again. They weren't able to program the keys. They said it's because the bcm wouldn't go into key registration mode. Now they want to reprogram the whole bcm I guess and it's going to cost me 500 bucks. Does anyone with experience with this know if this sounds right? Looking through the service manual I don't see any mention of this to replace the bcm. At this point I feel like I would rather just let them keep the ****in car then pay them the 100 bucks I already owe them not to mention the 500 bucks I will owe them if they attempt the repair whether it works or not.

Thank you everyone.
yeah that sounds about right. Went through the same stuff. You have to find out why your bcm is getting wet. Or else you’re gonna be in the same situation again.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:15 PM
G35x
Originally Posted by Luisme1203
yeah that sounds about right. Went through the same stuff. You have to find out why your bcm is getting wet. Or else you’re gonna be in the same situation again.
Damn alright. Well thank you so much for all your help. I guess I'll go through with it and hopefully it works out. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully by noon tomorrow I'll be able to drive my car finally after almost 3 months.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:46 PM
g37
Hi.

Do you know why when you initially took the car to be diagnosed, the dealership was not able to determine BCM was the issue? They did all that determination and still not able to find the cause. Why they didn't perform BCM test?
Sounds like you were still able to save money by getting a used BCM. I hope you can get the FOB reprogrammed. I mean reprogram vs partials key reprogram, why the difference in price. They're still going into the programming mode ..not sure why they're charging you arms and legs..

Old 08-12-2022, 12:25 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What they're going to have to do at this point is ring out the wires between the diagnostic port and the BCM to verify the diagnostic port is actually working. They can't just unplug the BCM and try connecting straight to it, there's no harness adapter for that, you access the BCM THROUGH the diagnostic port CANBUS + K line.

If they can connect to the ECM but cannot connect to the BCM to do a key registration that's basically all the confirmation they need that the BCM is probably damaged. However they'll still need to ring out CANBUS +/- and the K-line wires to the BCM just to make sure it's not a bad wire between the diagnostic port and the BCM.

Partial reprogram means they're only doing the key, full reprogram means they're also programming your FOB. If you have the iKey system (push to start) there is no partial option since it's all built into the fob and the key itself doesn't have a transponder RFID chip.

If you don't have the iKey system you can reprogram the fob yourself, it's easy and only takes about 2 minutes. You cannot reprogram the key yourself though.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:56 PM
G35x
Hey everyone.

The dealership was able to get the keys programmed and luckily it didn't cost me as much as the original quote. Ended up costing me 284 once everything was said and done. However they did find that the ipdm was faulty as well and wasnt sending power to starter. I ordered a used one and once I dropped it in I was able to start the car and drive it home! However, I then realized there was a few more issues with car. For one the ac wasn't working. I was able to get it to kick on once I refilled it but unfortunately it all leaked out over night so I'm guessing there must be a pretty significant leak in it somewhere. The second thing I noticed was when I went to drive home later that night the headlights didnt turn on lol. I checked the fuses on the ipdm and they were all good so I swapped back in the original ipdm and the headlights did work so unfortunately Ill be sending this one back and hopefully can buy a fully functional one. Once I have some time I will troubleshoot the ac some more and see if I can figure out what's going on there as well. It's seems crazy to me that the bcm, ipdm, and ac all went out unexpectedly like they did but I guess that's just life sometimes. There didn't even seem to be any signs of water damage on either the bcm or ipdm so I'm pretty stumped on what even caused it in the first place. Maybe some sort of power surge? Anyways, thank you all for your help and wish me luck on the ac.

Old 08-16-2022, 07:54 AM
g37
That's great to hear. It sucks all of these issues hit you at once, but you managed to take care of them. I understand stuff breaks but it's strange indeed. Yeah, wondering if you had a power surge or maybe battery cable was became loose. Good luck with fixing AC, it doesn't sound like bad as busted condenser.. hopefully you can find the leak and fix it (also check the fill line valve, it's possible sometimes this is where leak can occur)