Hawaii Honolulu

Need Help.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help.....

O.K., The shocks on my vehicle had it ......
I did some searches and noticed some of the prices for coilovers are just a few hundred more then a set of good shocks.... Any suggestions, prices and sites would be appreciated...

Thanks....

Old 01-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Heard some really good things about the tokico d-specs w/tein springs or 350z springs. I think theyre pretty affordable compared to full coilover sets too but on the stiffer side. As far as full coilovers go it probably depends on how stiff you want them.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:53 AM
stance is pretty good. just ask brudda jensen. they're fairly cheap too.

in your situation where your car is where you work, literally...I'd recommend the bilstein pss9 coilovers. There has been a few media reviews on them, with impressive results. holding their own on the track and still being plush on the street - characteristics of bilsteins. they're fairly priced...and their damping rates are self adjusting. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on them...so if they blow..just send'm in and they'll either repair it or more than likely send you a new shock.

you could go the cheapest route and ask the 350z guys if they're selling their stock shocks and springs. dont go with tein springs AT ALL. they're known to fatigue pretty fast. if you want aftermarket springs...go with SWIFT.

Last edited by 636Racer; 01-21-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
^^^ like wut they said..

but if u want some coilovers here are some sites.

http://www.hopupracing.com/
http://www.intensepower.com/
http://www.japanparts.com/
http://www.gruppe-s.com/

u can see the other ones here on the forums too.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Old 01-22-2007, 01:17 AM
i highly recommend calling adam at Z1auto.com He's been nothing but helpfull the Hawaii guys. Next I would recommend is intecracing.com. I think sean at munkyworks told me the guys that run them are some of the old HDS guys. If anything...they'll hook up the locals. Then theirs Munkyworks. Sean goes out of his way to get what you want. sometimes it takes some time to get what your ordered, i mean...for dirt cheap shipping, you just have to have some patience. I've heard some good things with gruppe-s as well. never ordered anything from them yet...but they're pretty quick to answer any questions I have. And the nice thing is that they offer USPS Priority. That's a big plus for us because of the retarded UPS and FedEx shipping rates. I've also heard of some good things from Japanparts as well. My coworker bought some things from there and has nothing bad to say about them.

I wasnt happy with my experience with intensepower, they took a long *** time with my exhaust system. And a while back, I heard of some shady things from hopup. Not so much about selling things...it's if you have a problem with what they sold you....they'll give you the cold shoulder and ignore your inquiries.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
give me a call. my number is still the same. call around lunch - 7pm though.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
i highly recommend calling adam at Z1auto.com He's been nothing but helpfull the Hawaii guys. Next I would recommend is intecracing.com. I think sean at munkyworks told me the guys that run them are some of the old HDS guys. If anything...they'll hook up the locals. Then theirs Munkyworks. Sean goes out of his way to get what you want. sometimes it takes some time to get what your ordered, i mean...for dirt cheap shipping, you just have to have some patience. I've heard some good things with gruppe-s as well. never ordered anything from them yet...but they're pretty quick to answer any questions I have. And the nice thing is that they offer USPS Priority. That's a big plus for us because of the retarded UPS and FedEx shipping rates. I've also heard of some good things from Japanparts as well. My coworker bought some things from there and has nothing bad to say about them.

I wasnt happy with my experience with intensepower, they took a long *** time with my exhaust system. And a while back, I heard of some shady things from hopup. Not so much about selling things...it's if you have a problem with what they sold you....they'll give you the cold shoulder and ignore your inquiries.
Grupp-s, i orderd something from them b4 and they r pretty cool, i forgot his name.

Hopupracing, i orderd something from them too (greddy turbotimer) and it broke coz ders something wrong with the wiring and they sent me a new one. i talk to a guy der named andy.

japanparts, they charge hella much on the shipping but they give u a price quote wut ever u fell like asking.

it has been a long time sence the last time i ordered something from those guys, so things probobly change...