Hawaii Honolulu

Announcing Kalaeloa Raceway Park's First Event - Rally X Hawaii!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Announcing Kalaeloa Raceway Park's First Event - Rally X Hawaii!

Hello Motorsports Enthusiasts!

We're very proud to announce Kalaeloa Raceway Park will be holding it's first organized event: Rallycross! Rally X Hawaii - a new and old team consisting of dedicated volunteers and professionals, including the promoters of Drift Session & the Super Lap Series - will be holding an invitiation-only trial event sometime in late February with a full-on event occuring in March. The specific dates are not set yet but we are letting the public know that organized events will be starting soon.

Rallycross is timed automobile racing, held on a closed mixed-surface racing circuit, with stock, modified production, or specially built road cars. It is very similar to autocross, although this event will differ in some instances, and in some cases will be more akin to the european rally style.

The expected lap time is 1:30 with a minimum of four timed runs on a .75 mile course with free runs at the end of the day. The racing surface consists primarily of coral and grass with transition areas to asphalt. The course will cover over half of the grounds of KRP. Although the classes have yet to be identified, we can expect to offer different segments for FWD, RWD, AWD, and an Open or Unlimited Class. Lifted vehicles will not be allowed to participate.

As more information is finalized, we will release it at www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com as well as the official website, www.rallyxhawaii.com, which is currently under construction. The official forum is up and operating at HawaiiTalks.Net so if you have any questions or commments, please feel free to follow the link or post here and we'll answer them to the best of our ability.

Rally X Hawaii & KRP are also looking for sponsors to help get this first event off the ground. SORT, LLC & OMAC are putting an extensive amount of effort to facilitate this event, but we still could use some help. If you're a business owner interested in supporting, please contact us at ht@buildthetrack.com

If you're interested in volunteering at the event, please contact organizer EricaMacKinnon@gmail.com

The KRP Project Team is extremely excited for this historic occasion, and we hope that you'll join us in March as we host what will hopefully be one of many events at Kalaeloa Raceway Park.

Mahalo,
Michael Kitchens
KRP Project Team

Here's a preliminary course design...please watch www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com and www.rallyxhawaii.com for more information. Thanks all!

In addition:

KRP, before construction starts. Please enjoy...Considers these the "before"...

Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
If I weren't stuck in Arizona until April, I'd be there to volunteer in a heartbeat!

Is it bad to hope the March event gets delayed a few weeks?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
LOL...umm...for you, I guess not. For us...yeah.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice........I will read in more depth tonight. My only concern is the coral/grass section (as is what's going to happen to my paint in this area & how smooth will the transitions be).

Helmets required?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Helmets, long pants, closed-toe shoes...standard stuff really. Oh, and some ballz. LOL.

As far as your paint is concerned, I suppose it depends on how many blemishes you're willing to deal with. You won't have anyone immediately in front of you, so I imagine the only thing you'll need to worry about is probably your grill and the underbody. If you've got a beater, I'd recommend that over anything really nice. It's rally afterall.

Still, I imagine I'll see a few nice cars out there scrapping it up.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
kewl, Sy and I met up with Tom this past weekend letting us in on the event. I think I can make it, but to spectate. Maybe if it doesnt get in the way of my practice sessions.

Originally Posted by GZire
Nice........I will read in more depth tonight. My only concern is the coral/grass section (as is what's going to happen to my paint in this area & how smooth will the transitions be).

Helmets required?
I hope you're getting another car.

Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Helmets, long pants, closed-toe shoes...standard stuff really. Oh, and some ballz. LOL.

As far as your paint is concerned, I suppose it depends on how many blemishes you're willing to deal with. You won't have anyone immediately in front of you, so I imagine the only thing you'll need to worry about is probably your grill and the underbody. If you've got a beater, I'd recommend that over anything really nice. It's rally afterall.

Still, I imagine I'll see a few nice cars out there scrapping it up.
After the story Tom was telling us? yah...you'd be better off getting a POS car.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
I've got a 1990 Prelude Si that laughs at dangers such as blemishes.

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 636Racer
......I hope you're getting another car..........
FEK..........Yeah, I guess I need to look for another car to run...........I hear you don't use your G35 much these days ehhh?????

Damn, I was really wanting to run my car.