Hawaii Honolulu

I Hate The Vq Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine

yeah, but i really think it would be like chasing my tail, cause there just going to keep saying they wont know anything till they tear it down, and i wount let them cause if threr that stupid to not know the probblem after seeing the pics then i dont even want them touching my car.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by james731
yeah i know sen jen, ill keep you all posted on what i do, by the way love the new shoes.
thanks. you seen me, or "her" on base parked?? i'm kinda worried about taking my car there for service. really sketchy imo.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
engine

yeah i see you parked by the mail center every now and then, i picked up my car today and told them neither me or my friends will be back. so now a get to start building.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Yes 636, im sure you have, oh great mighty one, knower of all automobiles, what ever any of us have seen and or done you will always know more, your the man.
Thanks for the recognition. It makes me happy to know that, I know more than you.

As for IoH, I have never had any problems with them. Jason guys have always taken care of me and my car. It's too bad that you're faced with such a dillemma with warranty. The thing is, we (as the people who are reading this forum) is only hearing your side of the story. It would be more interesting as to what IoH has to say.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
well, thats it, the dealership has focked with me for the last time, they are trying to tell me that because i have to cats, some how my ecu couldnt handle computing and it cause my piston rings to fail...? WTF I sure am glad theres people with brains working ad INFINITI of America, we all in good hands, so im just going to build it, hello forged internals.
I can't speak for IoH, but with what was already written and ,in better understand about thow whole catalytic and ECM colaboration. The car is based on signals and readings. The ECM will compensate or supplement for variables with air and fuel only to the amount that the mechanical fuel system can handle by means of the sensory on the car like Air Flow and O2 readings. Looking at the upgrades, I wouldnt be surprized with the car running lean. all the air flowing into the combustion chamber with no added fuel supplementing. When that happens you will/can detonate under severe engine load. The ECM would be thinking "Holy Crap!!! whats with all this air moving in? I better get fuel in there to compensate for air volume" The ECM would be sending a signal to whatever solenoid the controls the fuel to put up for what is being needed. So if the volume of air is not i synch with the amount of fuel at which the ECM is trying to make up for, the car will run lean, and end up detonating, and possibly damaging the piston ring, causing blow-by and, oil consumption. Of course to better know what's going on, you'd have to crack open the engine. How else? Make an edumacated guess? Calling a service/dealership stupid making yourself stupid. Point one finger at them, you still got 3 pointing back at you. If you think they're stupid, why not you fix your car your-d*mned-self. Hello Forged internals, Bye bye warranty.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-18-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
the car will run lean, and end of detonating, and possibly including the piston ring and causing blowby, and oil consumption. Of course to better know what's going on, you'd have to crack open the engine. How else? Make an edumacated guess?
Please tell me English is not your first language.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by garry
Please tell me English is not your first language.
sometimes , and thanks for catching my grammatical error. I was about to edit but, you've caught it before I could edit.

You must be one of those adding/subtracting points for spelling and grammar errors. Sad your life.

Anyway, thanks and buy yourself a cookie so you can feel better about yourself.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-18-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
sometimes , and thanks for catching my grammatical error. I was about to edit but, you've caught it before I could edit.

You must be one of those adding/subtracting points for spelling and grammar errors. Sad your life.

Anyway, thanks and buy yourself a cookie so you can feel better about yourself.
You waited over an HOUR to edit?

No, I don't count points. Your English just sucks. It was painful.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by garry
You waited over an HOUR to edit?

No, I don't count points. Your English just sucks. It was painful.
good, i hope your eyes bled reading it. maybe you'll go blind?

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-18-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:11 AM
wow 636, your are maybe to the most insightful person on this forum, good job thinking about the ECU, yes it would since more air but if you knew anything about our ECU you would know that is very aggressive at tuning back our car, and if it did run lean the ECU would pick it up right away and deturn the engine, it wouldnt keep running lean.... i wish you would think before you post. oh and actually if you say the pics i have you would know more, so agian, think before you post....

Old 07-19-2005, 03:45 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c'mon all. daps between eachother for peace.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
wow 636, your are maybe to the most insightful person on this forum, good job thinking about the ECU, yes it would since more air but if you knew anything about our ECU you would know that is very aggressive at tuning back our car, and if it did run lean the ECU would pick it up right away and deturn the engine, it wouldnt keep running lean.... i wish you would think before you post. oh and actually if you say the pics i have you would know more, so agian, think before you post....
Talk about bad writing. garry you wanna add to this?

All ECM work the same way in regards of tracking signals and puting out what's needed, and compensating things before sh*t happens.
Do you know anything about your car or how the ECM works? I'm assuming you know the general idea, but do you really know how the ECM works? Up to a point I know some, but there are other aspects with sh*t I just dont understand, and that's where tuners are supreme.

The ECM is a device with will create effect when there is a cause. You and I agree to that. How would the ECM detune? There are some ways the ECM will detune timing to safeguard the engine from knock and/or engine detonation. I've seen situations where an engine is puting out in excess of 15d of Knock Retard and ended up with detonating the cylinder bore. Or if something's wrong with one of the primary sensors (ie. O2, cam, afm)and make the car run in Limp mode. I'm thinking that youre thinking that it's the 1st example or something relating to that. The ECM will make up for what is needed by guaging, and delegating with the sensors. Question is we all dont know how you drive; how you drive can have an effect on how the ECM relays and recieve signals. All this plus what I have already written before is just part of the ECM's doing. There are other variables but, I'd have to refer to the service manual.

For one, I never wrote anything about pictures. And how the hell are you taking pictures of your engine's internals when the engine isnt take apart?(assumingly). Unless you have already taken them apart, please, do show us the pictures that you're talking about or trying to point out as to not what IoH think is the problem. I have put more thought and, chose my words somewhat wisely. I didnt know there were people on this board who were so **** retentive about how English should be written.

Anyhow, yah...I should think before I write. And you probably may know more than I or something .
Build your car how you want to. I'll just pitty the car if you would build the engine yourself.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-19-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
c'mon all. daps between eachother for peace.
Fair comment sen_jen. Apologies to Racer. I am just dead picky on English but that isn't the point of the forums.

I always hate flamers but sometimes I guess I do it too. Must be the animal in all of us.

Anyway, what a GREAT car we all drive?

There, now isn't that nice?

Old 07-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's another side of the story besides James'. The following are my personal experiences so far with their service department (don't even get me going on their sales department......no not Richard<----- haven't heard anything bad about this guy).

I took my coupe in for servicing (7,500 mile) several weeks ago. They told me they were going to check the alignment (???? since when is that part of the maintenance schedule?). I never saw anything that indicated they did that, so I'm going to assume they didn't do it. The only thing I really wanted IoH to take care of when I went in was to adjust my passenger side windshield wiper. I don't like it when I am putting water on the top of my car and my rear window instead of on the front window. It was not fixed and like the dummy I was, I didn't check until I was long gone. The paper says they fixed it though (yeah right). Seeing as how it took me a couple of weeks to make the appointment to begin with I didn't want to reschedule. I am far too busy with work and will catch it at the next servicing.

Here's the Infiniti website listing of the required maintenance schedule.
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...nce/G35/30.htm

My first servicing, they told me they were going to rotate my tires. I had to correct them on that since I have a coupe.

This has all pointed me in the direction that they have some pretty poorly trained people working for them. They really need to get their entire service department up to par. I don't like it that everytime I take my car in it's a crap shoot if I get a good technician/mechanic or not.

I need to check with my friend. His boss has a horror story about her Infiniti (within the past several months).

Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Every dealership has their dogs. kinda sucks, but they all have one. That's why I'll take it upon myself to do most of the work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Hate The Vq Engine