Hawaii Honolulu

I Hate The Vq Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well 636, i dont know if you know this or not but they invented this great thing, its a tinny little camera that you can put into your cylinder through your spark plug opening.. im being basic for you so you can understand.... so thats how i have pics......and again, the ECU is very sensitive and if it reads more air coming in.. it retards the engine... so if the ECU was working correctly like it should have my engine should still be fine.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:45 AM
I was LOL so much almost fell off my chair when Garry read 636 post...They don't understand our english.HEHE

Old 07-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by 650Coupe
I was LOL so much almost fell off my chair when Garry read 636 post...They don't understand our english.HEHE
Wa choo mean "our" english brah, we not jus sum unedumacated guys out hea.
Stupitidy aside, i haven't had any problems with infiniti so far. They're biggest concern should be answering the friggin phone over there. It took me 4 days to call and schedule an appointment which i received the very next day. Im pretty sure those reps aren't working on the cars themselves like most shops so what the hell do they do all day.

James, who took that picture of the cylinder and where did you get the camera? I was just wondering cause that sounds like some pretty cool stuff. Never heard of cameras like that before being used on cars. Maybe im just a dinosaur like 636. jp LOL

Last edited by nouse4aname; 07-20-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by james731
well 636, i dont know if you know this or not but they invented this great thing, its a tinny little camera that you can put into your cylinder through your spark plug opening.. im being basic for you so you can understand.... so thats how i have pics......and again, the ECU is very sensitive and if it reads more air coming in.. it retards the engine... so if the ECU was working correctly like it should have my engine should still be fine.
So this camera you talk about. I know which one it is, I've used it...it really doesnt do anything buy see visuals on carbon build up and cyclinder-wall conditions. in no way will this camera show what condition the piston ring is in. you'd have to have it look at a crevice that's less than 1/64" between the piston head wall and the cylinder wall. The shop I used to work at used a Mini-Vu camera. kinda sucked, it's probably better used as a kinky play toy or something to spy/voyuer on some hottie with

I'm still waiting for pictures so that you can further proove your point. To further know whats going on, you'd have to tear the engine apart and inspect the parts physically...and not via pictures. In pictures, you cannot measure tolerances. One thing I failed to question is that, how did IoH come to conclude that part of it was your piston rings? One way I'd figure that is to do a cylinder compression test. Have you/they done that yet? What were the readings of each cylinder if you/they have?

The ECM does NOT retard the engine by means of air velocity/volume. Only in event of knock will the ECM retard the timing. That's O.K. buddy, keep assuming you know more than me.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-20-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by 650Coupe
the guy is too educated to know what edumacated is.
that's ok though, i forgive him because bumbai he learn. Not my fault because he's so dakine mahu lidat.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-20-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 636Racer
So this camera you talk about. I know which one it is, I've used it...it really doesnt do anything buy see visuals on carbon build up and cyclinder-wall conditions. in no way will this camera show what condition the piston ring is in. you'd have to have it look at a crevice that's less than 1/64" between the piston head wall and the cylinder wall. The shop I used to work at used a Mini-Vu camera. kinda sucked, it's probably better used as a kinky play toy or something to spy/voyuer on some hottie with

I'm still waiting for pictures so that you can further proove your point. To further know whats going on, you'd have to tear the engine apart and inspect the parts physically...and not via pictures. In pictures, you cannot measure tolerances. One thing I failed to question is that, how did IoH come to conclude that part of it was your piston rings? One way I'd figure that is to do a cylinder compression test. Have you/they done that yet? What were the readings of each cylinder if you/they have?

The ECM does NOT retard the engine by means of air velocity/volume. Only in event of knock will the ECM retard the timing. That's O.K. buddy, keep assuming you know more than me.

bikini fist match this weekend??? lmk, i know a great spot infested with chicks. lol, c'mon keeds! we're all 808.........!

Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
bikini fist match this weekend??? lmk, i know a great spot infested with chicks. lol, c'mon keeds! we're all 808.........!
true and, keeds like james belong on the short bus.

isnt the brawl this weekend? we might go, K1's next week too.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-21-2005 at 01:22 AM.