Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Just installed Kinetix SSV manifold and HKS hi-power catback exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by jonpark
last night i have my friend to install Kinetix SSV manifold and HKS hi-power catback exhaust to my 06 G since he owns a shop and i definately could tell the difference in sounds...but not the performance wise...i don't feel that much power...than i sent almost $2500 dollars already...hmm... how much hp should i have gained with those mods. oh right now i have jwt popcharger, ztube also.
If you can afford to spend 2500 on these mode do what others have said and get a UTEC and get it tuned. Get before and after dyno's so we can see if they're worth the money with a tune (defenitely not without).

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:37 PM
Yea baby..............

Originally Posted by g35rcr
maybe he just wanted bling hp...did you get some cool stickers???
Ok, that's funny ****! The HKS cat-back should be
worth 8 to 10 HP! I thought the Kinetix manifold
was only effective with FI........that's $ wasted! Did
you at least get some cool stickers...........haha? I
guess that's not funny to you......sorry.

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:43 PM
OK, I don't think we need to flame this guy anymore....

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:05 PM
THE BATMOBILE
get a turbo

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:17 PM
hey guys.. would mrev2/plenum spacer go good with FI?? i am planning FI in the future.. thankss

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:18 PM
Overglorified Altima
^^question: did you have all the installed at once? if not, in what order did you install those mods in?

also, have you ever realized that almost ALL mods are "dyno" proven. that doesnt mean they actually work

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by cchaorule
hey guys.. would mrev2/plenum spacer go good with FI?? i am planning FI in the future.. thankss
wont work if you get a stillen s/c

i would just save up for f/i. i think i know how you feel, you want power now but you cant afford f/i now so youll take the loss and get this to keep you happy for the time. if i were you, i would probably get the mrev2+spacer to keep me happy. thats not what i suggest though, lol!

btw, do you have a revup?

Old 10-15-2006 | 08:48 PM
so which is it? if the ssv was around 2 or 3 hundred would more people buy it even if they didnt have FI?i know mike from kinetix is very knowledgeable but then again his job is to sell the product...he said its fine on a NA engine but do you really lose power or just stay the same?i have been checking out various threads thru search and opinions are split..some say good some say bad...can more owners who have this chime in?

Old 10-15-2006 | 09:01 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by G35350
I believe I stated that I had everything installed at my Infiniti dealer. All three were installed at the same time. The Service manager's comment and big smile were what amazed me most when I went to pick up the car.

I am well aware that all mods are dyno proven, yet sometimes don't work. However in this case, they do work. Really, an engine is one big air machine. The more air you can ingest and exhale, the better the performance. If you look at the tubes on the SSV, there is a ram effect. The airflow is straight and rammed into the cylinders.

All I can say is that it worked well with my car. Each car may have a slightly different state of tune. Perhaps mine was just a bit richer and is thus benefiting from the mods. The guys here who suggested a dyno tune or piggyback may be on to something. I had not thought of that. I might just try those things out as well.
i understand what youre saying. but my argument is that if you had all three of the mods installed at once then how do you know you are benefiting from the ssv? its very possible that the other two mods you put on at the same time are yielding all the gains that you are claiming while the ssv is either taking away some of that, adding to some of that, or doing nothing at all. im just saying that if you do 3 mods at once its pretty damn difficult (imo) to tell which mods the gains are coming from. did any of my logic make sense? lol sometimes i ramble and stop making sense

Old 10-15-2006 | 09:35 PM
the service manager was smiling because you paid the premium to have it installed there. you would be the first to get a gain on a NA car, but hey Im sure if you believe that you believe Elvis is still around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just installed Kinetix SSV manifold and HKS hi-power catback exhaust!!!