Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

The New SEDAN Stillen Dual Catback - INSTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The New SEDAN Stillen Dual Catback - INSTALLED!!!

Unforntunately no. As their products get picked up by 3rd parties, you may see a discount. But I already tried this.... Stillen is the manufacturer, so they will not be dicsounting the product any.

-Ted

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 12-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Re: Audio Sound Bites

at an idle, you could not tell - except for a sweet low and slow rumble, reminiscent of my Galaxie's 390 idle.... I would say the loudness comes out above 3K, much like the other duct mods. I at higher RPMs (6k) it did a little loud, but I would have to say they hit the right note with me.

You will have to check with Gurgen for a behind the wheel / inside the cabin report.

-Ted

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 12-11-2003, 06:41 PM

Please explain to me how this is a dual exhaust. I only see one muffler at the back of the car.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:13 PM
G SQUAD

hey guys, injen has a dual exhaust system for the sedan.it has one pipe but has two mufflers. i saw it on the stillen website. it also comes with silencers.go ahead and check it out.later

Old 12-11-2003, 07:23 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bro, both pipes come together at the rear muffler, but I'll bet there's 2 separate inlets and outlets.
They come together on my Coupe Borla system at a single muffler, but it has 2 separate in pipes and separate outlet pipes too.

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-11-2003, 07:31 PM
G SQUAD

the injen exhaust puts out 15 horsepower and the picture stillen shows us is 2 mufflers. i agree the stillen is a dual pipe kit but , they should have made 2 mufflers like the injen.i got the stillen axle back exhaust, should have waited. oh well =(

Old 12-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

WOW! i just met up with Gurgen today! WOW! I am so speechless! Sigh! I want one!! For you NIsmo Body kit people, i doubt you can see the stillen words written on the pipe. THats the only bad news. I like it flush personally so i personally do not mind! BUT DAMNNNNN!! So nice and nice deep tone. Its so much better to hear it in rea life! Come to the meet, i know GURGEN IS!!! and hopefully others with the exhaust too!

Laterz,

Ed

Old 12-11-2003, 10:22 PM

dklau33....

I haven't designed the system - I just happen to be the messengers... I personally have not participated in lobbying stillen to make the sedan exhaust. That credit rightfully belongs to Dave O. (I hope you don't mind me saying). He is the one who got Steve Millen to actually look under his car and point out the potential for an exhaust system.. and I am sure there were others (before or after, like Ted for one, as well as Alex Cates (Stillen Manager and G35S owner) as well as I others I don't know) had something to do with this system seeing the light of day too....

What I did do is try to present an objective review of the system ON THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL DAY OF AVAILABILITY. I made sure to take ample pictures, give objective impressions, etc... based on the short period of ownership here.

In this VERY SAME traditionn, I am going down to Technosquare tomorrow to see if this system does anything to the A/F mixture ratio. Wll keep you all poosted

Gurgen

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gurgenpb on 12/11/03 07:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-11-2003, 10:25 PM

njsfastestg'

Are you referring to Injen's G35 Sedan Exhaust? If so please provide pictures and dyno sheets.

Gurgen and I talked to three Injen reps about 4 weeks ago. They were proud to state that their Injen G35 Sedan Exhaust is single pipe/single muffler (to control sound) and makes 15 to 17hp when combined with their CAI. So... well you do the math based on what they claim for their CAI.

As stated by GSM, Borla's "True Dual" Coupe/350Z system has one muffler and very few people talk issue with their "Dual" claim. Personally, I don't really care if there's two separate muffler canisters when I can have the power, quality and sound provided by Stillen's G35 Sedan Exhaust System.

DaveO

2003 G35 Sedan - DP / Willow / AT / Premium / Sport
Z Engine Cover & Air Duct / Stillen CAI
GG 7-Wire H-G Kit / TechnoSquare ECU
Street Edge TC / Stillen Exhaust System

Old 12-11-2003, 10:31 PM

Some other comments:

The car is definitely louder all throughout the rpm range. And yes, it is louder at the low, street-driving, RPM range. But it is pleasant, to me at least (the sound is always subjective).

Anyone living in L.A. that wants to hear the exhaust in person, I do not mind meeting up and letting you hear it in person.

As far as injen - I would not get it for 2 reasons:
1) Injen rep's comments at the last Stillen day (paraphrasing): "the exhaust is "designed to work" with the injen intake, and TOGETHER they make 15hp." "Yeah right!!!"
2) most important reason - NO X PIPE. Hence no gas scavenging effect - hence no low end torque gain that I DEFINITELY SEE/FEEL with my Stillen Exhaust

Again guys, I am meeting up with TS tomrrow to do a very complete examination of the end result: Intake/Plenum/Stillen Exhast!

And next week: Intake/Plenum/Hi-flow cats/Stillen Exhaust. Now that's gonna be a beast!!!!!!!!!

Will be posting tomorrow (if they can actually squeeze me in on their busy Friday).

Gurgen

Old 12-11-2003, 10:52 PM

gurgenpb - Love the sound of it. Really nice and not intrusive.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Re: The New SEDAN Stillen Dual Catback - INSTALLED!!!

you sound as happy as i am. i got the first or second borla
sedan sys. i've got pics also,and will post them fri. or sat.
i added a k&n typhoon cai/sr (i installed it in 45 min.) my
total cost about $940,oo ($25.oo/ to the muffler shop -took
23min ) no X pipe but that's up for grabs, let stillen and borla
flowmaster, injen ect.figure that one out.
happy holidays
bob/ aka:the "old road rat"
bfinleygolf@aol.com

old road rat

Old 12-11-2003, 11:35 PM

Gurgen, I work in Torrance at Toyota off of Western Ave off the 405 (past Normandie). I believe that TS is in Torrance. Any chance you'll be there around noon or so? That'll be my lunch time. I definately want to check out the exhaust system and your G ride.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:40 AM

I'm gonna be there around 3-4pm (not sure yet). You're welcome to come and see it then. PM me your number and I'll call you if the plans change

Gurgen

Old 12-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gurgenpb,

Is the exhaust louder than the G35 coupe stock exhaust or 350z stock exhaust?

Thanks,

amG35
2003 Silver Sedan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New SEDAN Stillen Dual Catback - INSTALLED!!!