Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)
View Poll Results: Would you purchase Fast Intentions Exhaust with Ti Tips?
Hell yeah! This is what I've been waiting for
69.23%
Nah I like the current look better...
30.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Wow could it be??? Fast Intentions Intimidator with Ti Tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
HKS Hi power is almost 5"
i say 4"

Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wes g
i down so down i really happy in my pants so happy!!!!

will they be making the exhaust with the tips or we buy the exaust and have the TITANIUM tips put on?

Well it's in the early stages right now, but if it's made then it will be made already with the tips, we don't have to do anything but bolt it on our cars and enojy the look and sound

So it's going to be probably sold as Fast Intentions Intimidator TUNER Edition or something.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Well it's in the early stages right now, but if it's made then it will be made already with the tips, we don't have to do anything but bolt it on our cars and enojy the look and sound

So it's going to be probably sold as Fast Intentions Intimidator TUNER Edition or something.
well if it sounds the same as the one now i will buy the Ti exhaust when it comes out

Old 05-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by wes g
well if it sounds the same as the one now i will buy the Ti exhaust when it comes out

Oh yeah that's the whole point of this just changing the look to a more aggressive look but SAME GREAT SOUND

Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 AM
thats good let me know when it comes out!!

what will be the price you think?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm definately down for one...almost picked up the intimidator. Only problem was it didn't come with the ti tips. Keep us updated with the release. I have a friend who wants my HKS.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
HKS Hi power is almost 5"

HKS - 120MM
this one -101MM
haha sorry, i forgot how big the hks tips were. but i would love to have the ti tips on the FI exhaust. it would really add a more aggressive look to it.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by engs12
I'm definately down for one...almost picked up the intimidator. Only problem was it didn't come with the ti tips. Keep us updated with the release. I have a friend who wants my HKS.

Yeah a lot of people want the Intimidator but it looks too "stock" for them so most of the time which is why they go with other brands.

As far as pricing I don't know, like I said these are the real early stages, I just started talking to Tony @ FI three days ago about this. I just thought i'd share with you guys and get some input.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
hopefully they will come out real soon because i would love to be the first one in the area with the brand spankin new intimidator ti exhaust.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Banned
Yeah a lot of people want the Intimidator but it looks too "stock" for them so most of the time which is why they go with other brands.

As far as pricing I don't know, like I said these are the real early stages, I just started talking to Tony @ FI three days ago about this. I just thought i'd share with you guys and get some input.

keep us posted bro, I really want one of these, I will wait around until it comes out because I want nothing but FI with Ti tips!!!

HOPE THEY MAKE IT SOON!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
FYI: The stock exhaust has ~4 inch tips. HKS tips are around ~4.7 inches.

I like the HKS tips. They are a bit huge after seeing it in person. I still like them, but the Ti Tips grew out of me.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
personally, it was never just about the tips that steered me away from the FI exhaust. like i said, i looove the sound of the FI exhaust. it's just beautiful - and that's it. no ifs/ands/buts about it.

like i've always said, my ideal exhaust would look like hks and sound like FI. imho, the muffler setup of the FI exhaust is not nearly aggressive enough to carry the looks of ti torched tips. the FI exhaust is good as it is.

imo only, you can't just slap on ti torched tips...i think the hks pulls off the ti torched tips the best b/c of how the mufflers are set up.

i've always complained about the lack of aggressiveness that the FI exhaust has. but this is not the remedy for it, imho. i think this will look worse than the FI exhaust in its current form. actually, i think the FI exhaust in its current state is very classy - which isn't the style i'm going for. but it still looks great, nonetheless. unless a whole new system were to be designed (with a different muffler setup), i'd keep the FI exhaust how it is if i were tony.

i think people are to infatuated with the look of torched tips that they think it will look good on anything. i used to want that.

honestly - if hks didn't exist - and i had to choose between the FI exhaust with its current tips and the FI exhaust with ti torched tips, i would choose the Fi exhaust with its current tips.

that's just my two cents.

Last edited by Calvin; 05-18-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ agreed. I love the canisters of the HKS and that's why I want HKS. But the FI exhaust is just bwallin as far as tone (and performance as well). However, if there is a possibility that the canisters could be changed.. then by all means FI do it. But if not.. then it's still cool i guess lol

Old 05-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by imandresing22
^^^ agreed. I love the canisters of the HKS and that's why I want HKS. But the FI exhaust is just bwallin as far as tone (and performance as well). However, if there is a possibility that the canisters could be changed.. then by all means FI do it. But if not.. then it's still cool i guess lol
assuming FI uses the same mufflers, i don't think it would look good to have the mufflers set up like the hks mufflers.

honestly, i don't think tony wants that much trouble anyway. i think he is hoping to just weld these tips on. imo, it won't look good one bit.

single wall tips, without the torched part, may look okay. something like that of the fuji tips maybe..

Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I think we all have a dream exhaust. But the reality is, they all probably have something we don't like.

As far as the HKS torched tips on the FI, I personally believe it would not flow with the FI exhaust. Just as hero stated, it would seem as if the tips were randomly slapped on.

That's just my personal opinion. Whatever makes you happy, go for it! If HKS tips on the FI make you happy, im sure Tony can arrange that.

Well, I think I better get back to my studying. Biology calls

- Henry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow could it be??? Fast Intentions Intimidator with Ti Tips?