Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)
View Poll Results: Would you purchase Fast Intentions Exhaust with Ti Tips?
Hell yeah! This is what I've been waiting for
69.23%
Nah I like the current look better...
30.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Wow could it be??? Fast Intentions Intimidator with Ti Tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
does anyone who has a FI exhaust also have a nismo style diffuser...i know the HKS had some rubbing issues, and just wondered if the TI tips on this setup would pose a similar problem
We have had to trim a little for clearance when locally installed....no big deal though.

Rick

Old 05-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
I doubt it, this will be .7" less than HKS
It's not really about diameter as it is about positioning of the tips. We have positioned them a little higher than stock, they look much better this way. The stock tips are way low...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
It's not really about diameter as it is about positioning of the tips. We have positioned them a little higher than stock, they look much better this way. The stock tips are way low...

You mean the Ti tips? You already installed them?

I was planning on getting a Kuruma Diffuser, I hope it doesn't rub or burn it.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ ditto... I have the Kuruma diffuser

Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i spoke with Tony on friday after meeting with ahero / hearing his HKS... i need to hear the FI exhaust, but from what i hear, it's the dopest around for the sound i want [similar to stock but louder / refined]... i dont mind stockish sound, but if i pay for an aftermarket exhaust, i want to SEE a difference too in the look... not really digging the HUGE TI burnt thing... but a slightly larger than stock, rolled tip would be nice... TI burnt look doesnt hurt, but wouldnt match TOO well with the likes of my stock car~ ;P

Old 05-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, I can see the mufflers on anyone's G if I am in a pushup position directly behind their car, or if I'm driving right behind them. The reason you stated for other companies not coming out w/ a titanium tip is wrong...it is an opinion at best; and I can assure you it is not a fact. (At least for one of the companies, which I worked for from 2004-2006. Also working w/ the major manufacturers of exhausts for the g35 on a regular basis, I can conclude that they would discredit that statement as well. Tip design matching aesthetically with mufflers, which can't even be seen bar the two scenarios mentioned above, is hardly a reason for not offering said tip style) BTW, Greddy does have a titanium tip system for the g35, using the same muffler design as the EVO. (Its a Greddy Evo2, for turbo G35s, although I believe it would work well for Gs w/ any forced induction) IMO, it looks great. If I (or any G owner for that matter) wanted a FI system w/ titanium tips, they should be able to get it like that if FI agreed to produce it as such. Telling someone w/ a G to go to a muffler shop and a)pay 40 dollars and get welds that look like boogers on a 1200 dollar + brand new exhaust, or b) pay a lot more to get quality welds that FI already offers; is a statement that I will wholeheartedly disagree with. I highly doubt that you would have bought your exhaust and done the same with it. I know I wouldn't. What FI is offering is awesome. It's a good move in terms of customer satisfaction, generating more business, actually using customer feedback to innovate new products/options (which speaks a lot about their commitment to the customers), and more. I totally respect the opinion that you have given, but this move would help both the customers and the vendor; without causing any problems, so IMO; your opinion was ungrounded. Just my opinion, Cheers.

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
i can see the mufflers on my exhaust.

oh wait, my friend has fast intentions. i can see the mufflers on his car, too!

shoot, i can see the muffler on single canister exhausts.

====================

the current FI tips fit the system design well. rick's tips aren't overly aggressive and also "fit" nicely. but there are reasons other exhausts such as stillen, rsr, greddy, etc. don't have torched tips - because they won't look good with the rest of the system design.

IMO, keep the system as it is - classy looking. unless you wanna sacrafice that unique/classy look just to sell more exhausts.

if someone REALLY wants the FI exhaust, let them buy these tips and have them custom welded on. any muffler shop will be able to do this with ease. just chop off the old tips and weld the new ones on.

^^^my two cents.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:31 AM
PS- I might be getting this instead of the HKS I was originally going to get...I would prefer TI burnt tips in a slash cut single wall configuration. (Since the manufacturer can offer different styles, this gives a plethora of options to customers )

Although I was a little wary of a small company's product, priced equally to HKS's product, I have seen a lot that I like from both the company itself and its products. Also, I work for a smaller company myself that is almost ready to compete head-on w/ all the bigger (and top) companies in the world. So I am a little biased towards the smaller, grassroots company w/ top notch product.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Do you even have boost on your car?? "Offer no gain besides enhanced looks"....And you think the HKS TI tips magically add 10whp to your exhaust? What are you talking about. Also, your G isn't a skyline. I hope you're not planning to go to law school anytime soon; or you're going to run into serious problems w/ that kind of logic.

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
No, FI trying to copy HKS, and the others that have Ti tips is gay and quite ricey since they offer no gains besides the enhanced look. Yes the G35 is a real skyline 350gt. duhhhhhh

Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
You mean the Ti tips? You already installed them?

I was planning on getting a Kuruma Diffuser, I hope it doesn't rub or burn it.
No...the stock Intimidator tips...if we had already done a TI tip, like you wouldn't know!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Godzilla35
i spoke with Tony on friday after meeting with ahero / hearing his HKS... i need to hear the FI exhaust, but from what i hear, it's the dopest around for the sound i want [similar to stock but louder / refined]... i dont mind stockish sound, but if i pay for an aftermarket exhaust, i want to SEE a difference too in the look... not really digging the HUGE TI burnt thing... but a slightly larger than stock, rolled tip would be nice... TI burnt look doesnt hurt, but wouldnt match TOO well with the likes of my stock car~ ;P
You know..technically FI can to any tip you want...just call Tony for details.

Rick

Old 05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by threatcon07
Do you even have boost on your car?? "Offer no gain besides enhanced looks"....And you think the HKS TI tips magically add 10whp to your exhaust? What are you talking about. Also, your G isn't a skyline. I hope you're not planning to go to law school anytime soon; or you're going to run into serious problems w/ that kind of logic.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by threatcon07
Yeah, I can see the mufflers on anyone's G if I am in a pushup position directly behind their car, or if I'm driving right behind them. The reason you stated for other companies not coming out w/ a titanium tip is wrong...it is an opinion at best; and I can assure you it is not a fact. (At least for one of the companies, which I worked for from 2004-2006. Also working w/ the major manufacturers of exhausts for the g35 on a regular basis, I can conclude that they would discredit that statement as well. Tip design matching aesthetically with mufflers, which can't even be seen bar the two scenarios mentioned above, is hardly a reason for not offering said tip style) BTW, Greddy does have a titanium tip system for the g35, using the same muffler design as the EVO. (Its a Greddy Evo2, for turbo G35s, although I believe it would work well for Gs w/ any forced induction) IMO, it looks great. If I (or any G owner for that matter) wanted a FI system w/ titanium tips, they should be able to get it like that if FI agreed to produce it as such. Telling someone w/ a G to go to a muffler shop and a)pay 40 dollars and get welds that look like boogers on a 1200 dollar + brand new exhaust, or b) pay a lot more to get quality welds that FI already offers; is a statement that I will wholeheartedly disagree with. I highly doubt that you would have bought your exhaust and done the same with it. I know I wouldn't. What FI is offering is awesome. It's a good move in terms of customer satisfaction, generating more business, actually using customer feedback to innovate new products/options (which speaks a lot about their commitment to the customers), and more. I totally respect the opinion that you have given, but this move would help both the customers and the vendor; without causing any problems, so IMO; your opinion was ungrounded. Just my opinion, Cheers.
i'm not sure if you noticed, but this entire thread is subjective.......

Old 05-21-2007, 07:19 PM
haha; yeah. I just thought it was important to allow the best for both vendors and customers..this is the kind of thing that needs to take place more often IMO. Just my subjective thoughts as well; and I respect your opinions and all the info you bring on board. Cheers,

Jason

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
i'm not sure if you noticed, but this entire thread is subjective.......

Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
Not only are the Fast Intentions people blabing about being better than HKS, now they are looking for HKS style exhaust tips. Gay!!!!
...so I guess Greddy copied HKS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow could it be??? Fast Intentions Intimidator with Ti Tips?